Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-08-2019, 02:21 PM   #671
koflach
A day without sunshine is like... night.

If you live close to the border just get it delivered to a company at the border that will accept packages on your behalf and then brng it back yourself. I did that with my wolverine PF and paid no duty.
koflach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 02:58 PM   #672
twstd
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

This has been the reality for a while now. Within the realm that statue buying is smart in the first place, buying a statue at retail from a company that's international is just not. You pay middlemen waaaaaaaaaaay too much money now, and our dollar is crap. Whether you can afford the statue doesn't really matter, we as Canadians have to throw way too much money away just to get it to us.
twstd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 07:15 PM   #673
Pwesty
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by koflach View Post
If you live close to the border just get it delivered to a company at the border that will accept packages on your behalf and then brng it back yourself. I did that with my wolverine PF and paid no duty.
I thought about doing that, but the boxes are so big, I have a GTI and would have too, depending on the statue and box have the back seats down, so customs would see it.
Pwesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 03:17 AM   #674
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

just so you guys know, Sideshow has yet AGAIN changed the tariff codes...

I'm based in Europe and it's the second statue I had to pay full tax and custom rates as opposed to what i was paying over the last few years. Asked the CS, but they had no idea what I was talking about...

All in all I paid 980 usd for SPiderman PF
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 04:38 AM   #675
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
just so you guys know, Sideshow has yet AGAIN changed the tariff codes...

I'm based in Europe and it's the second statue I had to pay full tax and custom rates as opposed to what i was paying over the last few years. Asked the CS, but they had no idea what I was talking about...

All in all I paid 980 usd for SPiderman PF
Same here in the UK. Sideshow are now using the harmonized code for plastic statues which attracts 26% VAT/Duty fees. Sideshow Customer services informed me this code was now being used as it best described their products
FETTFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 05:47 AM   #676
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETTFAN View Post
Same here in the UK. Sideshow are now using the harmonized code for plastic statues which attracts 26% VAT/Duty fees. Sideshow Customer services informed me this code was now being used as it best described their products
Really unsure why the changed it. Did they get any sort of hassle from the shipping companies. One thing is certain, it's less likely that I'm going to be buying directly now...1k for a PF... FML...
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 09:49 AM   #677
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

It’s not worth it anymore. The shipping , duty and general price has gotten ridiculous. Did I mention these are now so hard to sell aftermarket as well. Nobody is willing to pay even with a weak Canadian dollar I still get low ball offers
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 01:26 PM   #678
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
Really unsure why the changed it. Did they get any sort of hassle from the shipping companies. One thing is certain, it's less likely that I'm going to be buying directly now...1k for a PF... FML...
I am making an assumption here but the Prime 1 Dog Alien I received from sideshow in December via DHL was only charged 5% VAT/duty although it had the plastic statue harmonized code on the invoice. The Prime 1 Catwoman I received last week was charged 26% duty/VAT. The 26% charge was correct and DHL should have applied this charge against the dog Alien. HMRC have increased the duty to 6% on some imports codexwhilst VAT has remained at 20%. From recent imports I have received it appears that all couriers have realised the increases and charging 26% as a matter of course where no harmonized code is showing and where applicable
FETTFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 01:46 PM   #679
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
It’s not worth it anymore. The shipping , duty and general price has gotten ridiculous. Did I mention these are now so hard to sell aftermarket as well. Nobody is willing to pay even with a weak Canadian dollar I still get low ball offers
It sucks. Don't sell now buddy. Wait for a year or so before you try.
GaryTonge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 06:51 PM   #680
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Bowen pieces I sell like hot cakes but anything larger or comic related forget it!
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote