Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-07-2020, 04:35 PM   #131
nearmint
Phoenix

I think the hovering pose looks a little awkward from the side view.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 04:48 PM   #132
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Agreed, but I don’t think it’s really designed to be displayed that way.

XM all the way for me. All around better lookin piece. Pose, portrait, paint (specifically the shading) and definitely the base all look better than TH.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 05:21 PM   #133
built2shred
Phoenix

he is a bit angled from the side but I believe XM was trying to position him to give this an optical illusion where he looks like he's hovering way above the fortress... at least it looks that way to me when I look at it from straight on... BTW, TH's Superman does look like he's falling forward from some angles... I know mine does in person... You can kind of see it in that last picture...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 05:34 PM   #134
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
If you don't mind, can you PM your facebook address, when I look on Facebook there's lots of secret sanctuaries lol
Not surprising, since Facebook is such a weird place.

But finding the true Secret Sanctuary isn't that hard.

You have to walk to the first hall at your left, and it’s the fifth hand to the right.

The XM supes wins for me. He is in my top 3 of the recent statues of the blue guy. With the last 1/4 PF and the 1/3 Iron studios.
I really like the XM portraits of their 1/6 male statues but can't appreciate their female portraits. I gave up on WW and Harley, and will give up on Catwoman. It's a pity, since I collect only female statues, with an exception for Batman.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 05:39 PM   #135
built2shred
Phoenix

I thought XM's DC Female portraits looked geat, although Harley I go back and forth on, I think I'm going to have to see her in person before I make my final decision...
Old 02-07-2020, 05:53 PM   #136
mars
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Quote:
he is a bit angled from the side but I believe XM was trying to position him to give this an optical illusion where he looks like he's hovering way above the fortress... at least it looks that way to me when I look at it from straight on... BTW, TH's Superman does look like he's falling forward from some angles... I know mine does in person... You can kind of see it in that last picture...

I've received mine as well, and I've put him together, my second 1/6 XM statue and I think he looks great. Keep them coming XM

But like this one. I don't think it's sitting 100% correctly in the slot, IMO

I'm Guessing that is why he's a bit angled may be too far forward and giving him the wrong appearance. The Joker had an issue with the arms not fitting unless you heat them up and with this one. I believe we have an issue where the rod doesn't insert correctly into the slot behind Superman I had to on mine round off the rod with a belt sander because it just would not go in. It was cut straight with sharp edges and it kept hitting the sides of the hole. Plus, I think I need to clean more of the debris inside the cavity in the hole so it can easily slide right down to the bottom and sit firmly because at the moment It's still wobble side to side and back to front.
mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 06:01 PM   #137
built2shred
Phoenix

You have to remember also that's it's winter so these statues are traveling through some really cold weather which can temp. warp them... During the winter I always use a blowdryer to warm the parts up before inserting them in... During the summer it's a nonissue as where I live it can average around 105 degrees so by the time I get home from work the boxes have usually been sitting in the courtyard for a few hours...
Old 02-07-2020, 06:18 PM   #138
mars
The Spirit

Quote:
You have to remember also that's it's winter so these statues are traveling through some really cold weather which can temp. warp them... During the winter I always use a blowdryer to warm the parts up before inserting them in... During the summer it's a nonissue as where I live it can average around 105 degrees so by the time I get home from work the boxes have usually been sitting in the courtyard for a few hours...

If you're referring to inserting the rod into the back of Superman it has nothing to do with cold or hot in this case IMO. Also, I'm in the summer right now 45. Degrees 113f some days, right now

When they cut the rod with a guillotine, they left very sharp edges and trying to get it into that hole and trying not to scrape the red cape and the boots on the white base. It's not very easy when you have not previously put it in. And you're not sure what position its supposed to sit. Plus, it doesn't help when the factory does not make an effort cleaning the hole correctly to allow us customers to have an easy time slot in it in.

Having said all that I think this is still a great statue and I do not regret buying it. Plus all the rest of the XM 1/6 line
mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 09:22 PM   #139
built2shred
Phoenix

If it was me I probably would have taken a picture of it and sent it to XM so they could send me out a replacement rod... but if your handy with tools and were able to fix the issue then that works too...

Can't wait to get mine...
Old 02-07-2020, 10:38 PM   #140
onesixth
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Some more pictures that I found on the Secret Sanctuary Group from Stewart Murray

Looks spectacular!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1581094185320.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	128480   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1581094178385.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	128481   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1581094176238.jpg