Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 10-29-2023, 07:08 PM   #31
KELPIE
New Republic

I'm on the fence for this line.

It's what I've wanted IS to do for so long, the X-Men line is fantastic.

Yet here, I'm not thrilled with the Venom, Ock is okay and Spider-Man doesn't really offer anything new.

Certainly keep an eye on it and see how it pans out. Hopefully it goes deep like the X-Men line and we can get characters like the Shocker, Beetle (Abe), Swarm, Cardiac, Silver Sable and Night-Watch.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 08:22 PM   #32
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
I'm on the fence for this line.

It's what I've wanted IS to do for so long, the X-Men line is fantastic.

Yet here, I'm not thrilled with the Venom, Ock is okay and Spider-Man doesn't really offer anything new.

Certainly keep an eye on it and see how it pans out. Hopefully it goes deep like the X-Men line and we can get characters like the Shocker, Beetle (Abe), Swarm, Cardiac, Silver Sable and Night-Watch.
I feel you. So far this line isn't doing anything for me. Probably didn't help that I'm sick of Venom and that's who they started off with. Now this Doc Ock, which isn't terrible, but I don't like it enough to add it to my collection. Wonder if they'll ever do Hydro Man. Ever since I saw XM's Absolute Carnage Spider-Man I've I've wondered what that would look like if they replaced all the symbiote pieces with water effects. I think that would be a great piece. Could do the same with Sandman as well.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 11:17 AM   #33
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post

Whoa! ...not bad!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 01:48 PM   #34
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I think this will look good with this line, I just wish they would show us an artist sketch of the diorama completed so we can see what they are going with art direction wise.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 03:07 AM   #35
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
I think this will look good with this line, I just wish they would show us an artist sketch of the diorama completed so we can see what they are going with art direction wise.
This.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 04:16 PM   #36
hockeyflow33
Fantastic Four

Quote:
This would be great with all their lines. I don't understand why they don't even do group photos on their website.
hockeyflow33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 11:17 AM   #37
Infinite GLORY

Maybe they switched art direction and are going more of a "FOMO" vibe hoping ppl will by each statue as they come out vs. seeing a huge diorama up front and picking and choosing which pieces to collect. Idk really. I just wish I could see the full spidey lineup and get hyped. I'd be more willing to pre-order upfront if I knew what was coming.
Old 11-29-2023, 07:26 AM   #38
Chelseaboy
Fantastic Four

Maybe the company is releasing statues on the basis that they want to see the pre-order/sales response before committing to further statues in the line.

It's gone quiet on the Avengers diorama line since Thanos was shown.

It's also gone quiet on the DC comics version line...the sketches for Raven and Supergirl were shown a loooong time ago back in December '22,but no sign of actual statues.

No doubt statues sales are declining due to the economic decline everywhere

For me,i'll be purchasing statues on a stand-alone basis...i already have Spiderman,Venom and Doctor Octopus in my Iron Studios 1/10 collection,so i won't be purchasing any of the statues shown from this particular line so far.
Chelseaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 10:52 AM   #39
Infinite GLORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelseaboy View Post
Maybe the company is releasing statues on the basis that they want to see the pre-order/sales response before committing to further statues in the line.

It's gone quiet on the Avengers diorama line since Thanos was shown.

It's also gone quiet on the DC comics version line...the sketches for Raven and Supergirl were shown a loooong time ago back in December '22,but no sign of actual statues.

No doubt statues sales are declining due to the economic decline everywhere

For me,i'll be purchasing statues on a stand-alone basis...i already have Spiderman,Venom and Doctor Octopus in my Iron Studios 1/10 collection,so i won't be purchasing any of the statues shown from this particular line so far.

I do agree. Statue collecting/buying overall is down so maybe these companies are slowing down a bit. We are obviously at a very different point economically then we were when the whole X-Men Sentinel Dioramas were announced/shown.

The Spidey line, and the Avengers line you mentioned, I am sure will sell like hot cakes still. They are both very popular lines so I'm sure they will sell.

And you have the OG Spidey, Doc Ock and Venom? Nice. I have looked into purchasing those. Would be about the same price as buying these new ones unfortunately. I just haven't been able to pull the trigger. I only have very few OG Marvel comics pieces. Punisher, Ghost Rider, Deadpool and Captain Marvel on the way.
Old 11-29-2023, 11:11 AM   #40
Chelseaboy
Fantastic Four

Quote:

I do agree. Statue collecting/buying overall is down so maybe these companies are slowing down a bit. We are obviously at a very different point economically then we were when the whole X-Men Sentinel Dioramas were announced/shown.

The Spidey line, and the Avengers line you mentioned, I am sure will sell like hot cakes still. They are both very popular lines so I'm sure they will sell.

And you have the OG Spidey, Doc Ock and Venom? Nice. I have looked into purchasing those. Would be about the same price as buying these new ones unfortunately. I just haven't been able to pull the trigger. I only have very few OG Marvel comics pieces. Punisher, Ghost Rider, Deadpool and Captain Marvel on the way.
Yes i have all the original Iron Studios Marvel and DC 1/10 comic version statues,except for Harley Quinn which has mallet weight issues causing problems with her hands.I hope they'll be a new comic version Harley Quinn.

They're not for everyone because of the very basic bases,but i prefer them as the boxes take up less space.A lot of the newer 1/10 statues have boxes as big as the Bowen 1/6 statues.
Chelseaboy is offline   Reply With Quote