Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

View Poll Results: What is your favorite mid-size Hawkgirl statue?
Timmverse Maquette 0 0%
DST Femme Fatales Timmverse PVC 0 0%
Ame Comi 1 0 0%
Ame Comi 2 1 3.45%
Bombshell 8 27.59%
Adam Hughes Cover Girl 11 37.93%
Artgerm Cover Girl 9 31.03%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2019, 02:11 PM   #11
batmbeyond
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
The only one I own is the Hughes one. It was the one that I had to have.
Same for me, Hughes
batmbeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 03:36 PM   #12
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

I have the Hughes and the Artgerm but I’d have to say I prefer the Hughes as it just makes the whole set. The Artgerm pieces as a set I just don’t feel are as impressive as the Hughes set.
Old 11-22-2019, 04:45 PM   #13
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
As much as I hate to admit it, I gotta go with the artgerm hawkgirl. I love the bombshell (so much so I bought a second one when I broke my original), but the movement on artgerms I just love.
What I don't get is why you "hate to admit it"? Either you like it or you don't but I don't get the reluctance to admit an appreciation of Artgerm's body of work in particular. Everyone has their preference. Me, I think very little of Hughes' stuff for previously stated reasons but there seems almost a general air of disdain for Lau's statues here, with some qualifying it by saying "I like his artwork, but not the statues." Fair enough, to each his/her own, but finding it almost painful to admit liking it??? (smh) Dang! It's not like we're talking about Rob Liefeld here!
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 05:05 PM   #14
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post
What I don't get is why you "hate to admit it"? Either you like it or you don't but I don't get the reluctance to admit an appreciation of Artgerm's body of work in particular. Everyone has their preference. Me, I think very little of Hughes' stuff for previously stated reasons but there seems almost a general air of disdain for Lau's statues here, with some qualifying it by saying "I like his artwork, but not the statues." Fair enough, to each his/her own, but finding it almost painful to admit liking it??? (smh) Dang! It's not like we're talking about Rob Liefeld here!
Oh no....you spoke his name aloud!!!!

jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 05:13 PM   #15
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post
I'm a fan of artgerm on paper. Not a fan of his art in statue form. She is great and also Bleez. I think you took it too deep, nothing painful about the admission, I wasn't passing a gall stone

Oh and just you shut it. You know you were snapping up dem new mutants and x-force leifeld books back in the day
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 05:15 PM   #16
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Oh no....you spoke his name aloud!!!!

Sorry. Won't happen again. :::sheepishly:::
Old 11-22-2019, 05:19 PM   #17
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
I'm a fan of artgerm on paper. Not a fan of his art in statue form. She is great and also Bleez. I think you took it too deep, nothing painful about the admission, I wasn't passing a gall stone

Oh and just you shut it. You know you were snapping up dem new mutants and x-force leifeld books back in the day
I had Youngblood comics.

"They'll be worth a lot someday!"

Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 08:48 PM   #18
Professor
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I have none of the hughes line, had plenty of chances to buy them but just don't care for them. With that being said my vote is for the bombshells version. I have the ami v2, which i am crazy about, and sold my v1, which i didn't care for. I have the artgerm also which is beautiful. I've seen the others in person but for my money the bombshells version is the best.
Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 03:02 AM   #19
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor View Post
I have none of the hughes line, had plenty of chances to buy them but just don't care for them. With that being said my vote is for the bombshells version. I have the ami v2, which i am crazy about, and sold my v1, which i didn't care for. I have the artgerm also which is beautiful. I've seen the others in person but for my money the bombshells version is the best.
Well,... mostly. I held onto my Ame-Comi v1 and I do have the Hughes Supergirl (and technically the Hughes Wonder Woman, albeit the upsized Designer Series version). As I said, it was almost a coin flip between Lau's and the Bombshell, but Bombshell it was. Although, I think the Artgerm statue is giving me the stink eye now.
Old 11-23-2019, 03:17 PM   #20
AC_808
Hercules

I like Artgerm, Hughes and Bombshell ...in that order.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote