Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-17-2019, 02:09 AM   #6801
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

I'd like to buy a stoic pose Flash and Juggernaut PF. Both with fabric clothes if possible.

Just take exactly these poses and costumes:

Chances?
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 05:03 AM   #6802
youssef85
Frackin!

Can we expect those characters from Sideshow :
Omega Red,Onslaught,Bishop ?
youssef85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 10:46 PM   #6803
GM4Life
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

How come SS decided to make the swamp thing maquette out of PVC and not the usual Polystone?
GM4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 06:14 PM   #6804
Rancorkill
Fantastic Four

I had the Prime 1 Catwoman 1/3 statue on my wishlist which I monitor daily and the regular version went from plenty of stock (i.e. no low stock or almost sold out note) and today it is Sold Out of both versions. How does this happen? I try to pull the trigger on my wishlist items before they sell out and I have to buy them on the secondary market.
Rancorkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 07:32 PM   #6805
dannyz6969
Frackin!

Can sideshow go back to designing their x-men statues without gimmicks and props?

-Cable with the portal
-Colossus with the purple dragon
-Jean grey with the flames on her neck and the base
-Psylocke also with the obnoxious base.
-Gambit with the effects

I think it's overkill.

Rogue is amazing. That one has no gimmicks, just a cool mechanical base she's tearing up about to throw and a awesome pose.

Your previous line of x-men statues had clean simple bases and poses. That line was simply spectacular, now it's a bunch of gimmicks around the characters... maybe im in the minority, not sure..
dannyz6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 07:33 PM   #6806
dannyz6969
Frackin!

Can sideshow go back to designing their x-men statues without gimmicks and props?

-Cable with the portal
-Colossus with the purple dragon
-Jean grey with the flames on her neck and the base
-Psylocke also with the obnoxious base.
-Gambit with the effects

I think it's overkill.

Rogue is amazing. That one has no gimmicks, just a cool mechanical base she's tearing up about to throw and a awesome pose.

Your previous line of x-men statues had clean simple bases and poses. That line was simply spectacular, now it's a bunch of gimmicks around the characters... maybe im in the minority, not sure..
dannyz6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 07:49 PM   #6807
GaryTonge
Kingpin

This thread should be closed down. Alex isn't coming back
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 08:01 PM   #6808
Peedi
The Secret Six

It’s just one of those things where they’re not going to please everybody because individual tastes vary so much. I either like or don’t mind everything you mentioned except the Jean Grey neck flames, it seems many agree on those lol. Beyond our personal likes aside, these newer X-Men have been good sellers for SS as a whole and from forums alone we can see the continued excitement surrounding them and collectors always want more.

I’m a creative person who’s also a thinker/analyzer so even with my absolute favorite statues I could pick out something I personally would’ve done differently because of my specific tastes and preferences. I think most of us are like that to varying degrees and there’s what we can ignore and can’t ignore.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 08:04 PM   #6809
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
This thread should be closed down. Alex isn't coming back
Yup, she’s gone. I was surprised to see a post in here. I enjoyed her interactions here but so many of the questions here were of the same type and people constantly failed to realize or care that she can’t give away product reveals. She was just so nice, if I were her I would’ve been done with this lol.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 05:19 PM   #6810
moviemonster
Justice League

Sideshow has a completely new problem that is going to be very difficult to maneuver around. Sideshow mainly focuses on 1/3, 1/4 scale statues along with other high end pieces. Although really cool, the Corona Virus doesn’t care. Job losses equaling no $ to the point that they have to give us money to stimulate the economy. With people buying mostly the essentials while following their states quarantine rules, along with the US soon becoming the new epicenter of the virus I don’t think $1200 statue is something people will be looking for. People will start finding ways to still collect but also conserve money.
moviemonster is offline   Reply With Quote