Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-31-2014, 05:47 PM   #1
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

HCG Exclusive Michael Myers 1:4 Scale

not to shabby for a fully sculpted 1/4 scale statue. and not a bad likeness either.. kind of reminds me of the McFarlane MM figure ..
stands 21.5" tall. not too bad of a price at 349.95 for that size. i just might get this one. but im really hoping SS will do one in PF.

http://www.hollywood-collectibles.co...11&cat=0&page=
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 12:48 AM   #2
johnny6666
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Lame, flat hair; shoddy mask; awkward pose. Myers never struck that pose in the original 1978 film at all - he held the knife low, or at his side. That's what made the character so disturbing: Carpenter never blew him up into a cliched killing machine ala Jason Voorhees, or a prancing showman ala Ghostface. Myers was still and silent - a watcher on the periphery of the frame, and never the centre of attention. Even with the final pursuit of Laurie Strode, he walks calmly and methodically (and definitely not with his chosen instrument of death waving dramatically above his head!).

And, of course, there's very little (if any) blood in the movie. That base is certainly amping it up some.

Lame.
johnny6666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 12:57 AM   #3
ONEYE
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I agree.
ONEYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:00 PM   #4
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny6666 View Post
Lame, flat hair; shoddy mask; awkward pose. Myers never struck that pose in the original 1978 film at all - he held the knife low, or at his side. That's what made the character so disturbing: Carpenter never blew him up into a cliched killing machine ala Jason Voorhees, or a prancing showman ala Ghostface. Myers was still and silent - a watcher on the periphery of the frame, and never the centre of attention. Even with the final pursuit of Laurie Strode, he walks calmly and methodically (and definitely not with his chosen instrument of death waving dramatically above his head!).

And, of course, there's very little (if any) blood in the movie. That base is certainly amping it up some.

Lame.
Damn man, you hit the nail on the head with everything there. Couldn't have said it better myself. Michael Myers, and the Halloween license deserve far better a first impression than what we are getting above.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 05:15 PM   #5
Walls
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Easy pass.
Walls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:30 PM   #6
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny6666 View Post

Lame.
yeah ya know what? after reading everything you just stated. YOUR ABSOLUTELY RIGHT.

i really hope SS makes a PF of this guy. and takes notice to everything you just said.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 10:19 PM   #7
ALEX23
The Avengers

No offense to anyone but yeah, I think it really loses the whole menace of the character with that pose. And the overall details of the piece are a bit lacking for me to justify the price. My 18 figure from NECA will have to do for now!
ALEX23 is offline   Reply With Quote