Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 10-04-2019, 05:18 PM   #21
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
That is exactly what I did with Cheetah EX — I ordered from Specfiction. Except part of me is still routing for the guy to straighten his act so I would continue ordering from TH directly. But the next time he claims there are only 250 EXs for those loyal to TH, he better keep his word.

If he can’t handle orders, he should get other retailers to sell for him and just worry about making the statues.
Yeah I want to support him directly badly, but if I receive a faultly product and the response/acknowledgement to it takes forever or experience multiple misdelivery, I can’t help but complain and become impatient. I really want to get off his back too. I think it would be better for me who doesn’t have infinite patience for mishaps to just support the line from afar.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:20 PM   #22
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
So instead of acknowledging where he could have done better, Chad is instead name calling his clients who are voicing valid concerns as trolls??? Tsk tsk

And before anyone calls me a troll, for the record, I love the TH statues and have not cancelled any of my SP preorders. I have every single one from that line (or have them on PO) except Kandor and Mxyzptlk. And I myself have been patiently waiting for my non-EX Joker replacement head and Superman EX replacement.

I am a TH fan but by no means a fanboy.
He never once used the term trolls to describe any of the angry or hateful emails, phone calls or facebook posts he has gotten. He refered to them as coming from people....not trolls. Just wanted to make that clear before it gets all blown out of proportion that he is calling people trolls.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:25 PM   #23
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
He never once used the term trolls to describe any of the angry or hateful emails, phone calls or facebook posts he has gotten. He refered to them as coming from people....not trolls. Just wanted to make that clear before it gets all blown out of proportion that he is calling people trolls.

Want to back you up on this. Chad never said "trolls", mmk123 used the term loosely in his summary. Either innocently as shorthand or because that's what he (not Chad) calls them.

Let's nip that in the bud before people start spreading that around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
watching the video now-Chad is talking about the internet trolls and about how the attacks have been non-stop lately. He was thinking about wrapping things up but is not going to.

He is also saying that he is not sending replacement parts but actually getting a whole brand new statue because they cannot just do a replacement part. He said the new statues that are being produced.

Chad is also paying himself for the replacement Superman statue. He has to pay 50% of the cost of them.

My advice to Chad-stay off of Social Media. It is poison and the trolls that are on there have courage behind their computer because the are anonymous and not worth it.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:26 PM   #24
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
I think it would be better for me who doesn’t have infinite patience for mishaps to just support the line from afar.
I think this is my conclusion as well. I’m stuck with a few orders through TH, but I’ll just place the rest of mine through a company with functional customer service that doesn’t blame the customers for the company’s screwups.
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:33 PM   #25
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Thank you for clarifying, jeremydc. My bad. Not being on FB, I had to take what was stated here about his video at face value. People should take care to report/post only the facts and not add their own commentary and end up misquoting someone.

Nonetheless, for Chad to act like the victim shows a lack of ownership of all the companies’ mishaps (and there are lots, not just a handful, let’s all acknowledge that), which in turn translates into stunted growth for the company as a whole.

Sad, no matter what way you spin it.
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:48 PM   #26
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I did use the word trolls. I do not recall Chad using it.

Valid complaints are one thing. Yes, I had some and voiced them. However there is a difference between voicing a complaint, issue or problem vs constant badgering and harassing. For the most part, I do not think that 99% of the issue's that got posted here were troll-like. They were valid and the frustration behind them was justified.

As I said, I do think that Chad needs to stay off of Social Media. It seems that people are sending problems they are having to his website, to the Tweeterhead Facebook page, his personal Facebook page, texting his phone, calling him. emailing him, etc. I can see why both Chad and customer's are frustrated because that is too many ways of communication. To me, all customer concerns should just go through his website and that is it. It would narrow it down to one place and one place only. Post on both Facebook pages that any issues, concerns, etc about Tweeterhead product should go through Tweeterhead.com and that is it. Leave the Facebook page for posting pics and the videos, the business concerns to the Tweeterhead website.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:34 PM   #27
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

I don't know how Chad runs all this by himself. He recently hired someone to replace Debbie, but probably needs an additional hand. Waiting weeks for a reply is not great. Charge an extra $10 per statue if need be to improve customer service.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 07:07 PM   #28
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
I don't know how Chad runs all this by himself. He recently hired someone to replace Debbie, but probably needs an additional hand. Waiting weeks for a reply is not great. Charge an extra $10 per statue if need be to improve customer service.
Chad mentioned on his Live FB that the company won't get any bigger than him and Gwen. He doesn't want to get to 5-7 employees or big like XM. It's just how he wants to have his niche company. Like it or not that's how its gonna be.
Old 10-04-2019, 07:21 PM   #29
Acolyte
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
Most of it was about the business and his thoughts and feelings with stuff that you need to watch if you are interested in that stuff.

The nuts and bolts of actual updates.
(I may have missed something, but think I got it all)

In general: Assume everything is going to be late (out of his hands)

People needing replacement parts are instead getting brand new statues. The factory can't really do it any other way.

Batman Variant and Catwoman on the water
possibly arriving on Oct 25, but add time for customs etc

After that:
Superman EX Replacements
Ru and Season 1 WW

Being “promised” by the factory* before the end of the year.
(*by factory, not promised by Chad)
Robin (already cast)
Pennywise
Green Lantern
Starfire

1 maybe 2 preorders left this year

Mentioned for next year:
Darkseid
Black Adam
Zatanna
Poison Ivy

Thank you for summing it up.

So, still no news on Masters of the Universe. Poor me. That silence is killing me.
Acolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 07:41 PM   #30
Augen
Metal Men

One thing Chad touched on was how there is a very critical and negative reception that seemingly every statue company deals with at every show such as NYCC.

"Where is X? Ugh, I didn't want Y. R looks awful, boring and ugly. S is too expensive. They should make Z. Why is V taking so long? Another delay on W. I haven't heard back about T."

To the speaker that could be one comment, to the listener it can be dozens or hundreds or negative feedback every event. Maybe you see that as business, but it can take a toll on a person to get negative reception even in a good scenario.

Ask yourself why companies aren't on here and why so many don't do feedback and social media presence. The guy literally considered closing up shop because it affected him so much while doing a passion.

Honestly, I need to watch myself as fall into it too at times. That said, it does sadden me a bit to be excited about a piece to find the discussion turn negative so often. Doesn't really make it enjoyable as a part of the hobby.

I sincerely hope Tweeterhead is around for years to come as no one else is making Donna Troy, no one else will be making Big Barda, so selfishly want it to keep going.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote