Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics > The Mighty Reviews

Old 05-13-2010, 04:30 PM   #11
protector2814
Phoenix

In the end, and in my opinion, it was the fragmentation of all the Siege story lines that ultimately killed this "epic" (Cough). I found it to be completely up to the reader to piecemeal the story together by this final issue. Things were happening a week, two weeks before in spin-off issues, that didn't effect the main book 'til after. I couldn't afford all the web-threads and I didn't want to buy 'em all either.

I'm convinced now with all these crossovers, from both companies, that when they start to splinter off after the 1st great issue, they end up petering out with their own enormity. I'll admit it, I got lost...after $150 bucks +, I got lost.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:54 PM   #12
Monty Props
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
In the end, and in my opinion, it was the fragmentation of all the Siege story lines that ultimately killed this "epic" (Cough). I found it to be completely up to the reader to piecemeal the story together by this final issue. Things were happening a week, two weeks before in spin-off issues, that didn't effect the main book 'til after. I couldn't afford all the web-threads and I didn't want to buy 'em all either.

I'm convinced now with all these crossovers, from both companies, that when they start to splinter off after the 1st great issue, they end up petering out with their own enormity. I'll admit it, I got lost...after $150 bucks +, I got lost.
As much as I'm a big fan of Thor, I didn't read Seige. Never been a fan of the crossovers and after the last few "epics", I had a feeling this would probably disappoint as well. I followed the reviews and seeing some of these final thoughts, leads me to believe that I didn't miss much. It really sucks because I feel that after JMS and Gillen's first three issues, Thor completely lost momentum for me. I'm having a flashback to 1987 when Simonson left the Mighty Thor.
Monty Props is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:21 PM   #13
THECLOWN KNIGHT
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

'Wow, It's good to be back!"

Re: Siege 4
Kind of mixed emmotions towards it. Stellar art of Coipel but some low writing of Bendis. I don't buy the 'change of heart' of Loki nothing to do with the master rendition of JMS's Loki-even the Gillen's one-maybe he was pretending/bluffing.

Re: War Of The Supermen
I got the Free Comic Book Day Superman 0 and it got my attention(even if I don't like much the Superman character). I haven't read numbers 1 & 2 yet but I agree with you that the art is kind of lazy nothing to do with the 0's art.

Re: Marvel Projects
Can't wait for the Deluxe HC too.

Re: New Mutants 13
Totally agree with you Dawg. Oh and thank you for that powerful review of the Uncanny X-Men 524.

Re: Dark Avengers 16
This is the real Epilogue of Siege(I save my money on the other one).
THECLOWN KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote