Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
This was posted by Bryan on FB. Must be one of the concepts
Quite the opposite:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Tan
It was amazing having the chance to work with David Finch and we spent weeks working on the concept that would make an epic statue piece - David delivered beautifully. We pitched it to the licensors and worked out the finances and projections needed to get it green lit. We engaged not one but seven different sculptors (it’s not easy art directing 7 different artists to form a single cohesive vision). Spent countless late nights revising and a lot of money to get it prototyped, shown at conventions etc. I would never forget the first time we unveiled it to David in person - the look of happiness, mutual respect and professional collaboration (Warner and DC guys included) was nothing short of magical and humbling even for us in all our years of producing statues.

And then I see this.

Normally customs or unlicensed do not bother me. In fact I personally love certain customs pieces that are out there. Sanity is sold out, I have nothing to proof or gain by speaking against this particular custom. But I felt I have to stand up for my artists and David who spent years getting to where they are. So this is what I have to share.

To the sculptor, if you truly call yourself an artist, please respect your fellow artists who sculpted our piece. They deserve better. You deserve better. Please don’t call it art or try to justify it; if you want to showcase your artistic talents, there are literally a million things you can sculpt. Do something original and truly inspirational, don’t take short cuts. The commissioner doesn’t care about your next paycheck. Companies like us do.

To the commissioner, I expect true private commissioners to have more class, taste, originality, elegance and discretion than... this. Literally anyone can buy sculpts and manufacture them in factories. No sir, this is not a child’s game - if you have something to prove, I more than welcome you to get it done the right way. Go through the same hoops as a licensed company and level the playing field. That is, if self respect is of importance to you. And if it is not, a good day to you sir and please carry on. We are done here.

To the collectors, it’s your money. No one should tell you how to spend it. No one but yourself; your knowledge, your appreciation of art and talent, your perception of what’s really supporting artists and what’s not, your understanding of what your money ultimately supports. Spend your money wisely for it’s a reflection of who you are. Take a hint, look around your fellow collectors’ comments and you’ll know if you have spent it wisely.

I am extremely grateful and proud of how Sanity has turned out. To people who supported this piece either by buying or simply by appreciating the piece, on behalf of David Finch, Marthin Agusta, Paul Tan, Philip Herman, Victor Hugo Sousa, Hernan Azcárate, Alejandra Jorquera and Tiago Rios, I thank you all from the bottom on my heart. It’s with your support that we are able to go further and continue to make products with our heart and soul.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 11:26 AM   #562
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
maybe make the helmet clear with small parts of it with a smokey look to it... (shrug)
Include the dome XM. Just make it like Mysterio.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 04:33 PM   #563
asoka05
Doh!

I would like to get the Smoke version. Is it too late to try and get it preordered now that it's sold out?
asoka05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 06:10 PM   #564
AC_808
Hercules

Keep looking ...there might still be retailers that have a few allotment left. I can't guarantee it, but you might get lucky.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 06:14 PM   #565
asoka05
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Keep looking ...there might still be retailers that have a few allotment left. I can't guarantee it, but you might get lucky.
Are we allowed to discuss the retailers ?

If so, can you please point me to the right direction ?
Old 09-13-2019, 08:31 PM   #566
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asoka05 View Post
Are we allowed to discuss the retailers ?

If so, can you please point me to the right direction ?
There’s no rule about mentioning retailers so you’re all good there. Not sure who would have this available still however. Maybe try Spec Fiction. See if he’s running a wait list. With a price tag like this there are bound to be some cancellations. Good luck.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 01:24 PM   #567
asoka05
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
There’s no rule about mentioning retailers so you’re all good there. Not sure who would have this available still however. Maybe try Spec Fiction. See if he’s running a wait list. With a price tag like this there are bound to be some cancellations. Good luck.
Regarding Spec Fiction, has anyone have any feedback for this vendor? Will it be safe to send payment as gift?

Thanks
Old 09-16-2019, 01:28 PM   #568
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Regarding Spec Fiction, has anyone have any feedback for this vendor? Will it be safe to send payment as gift?

Thanks
Many collectors buy from specfictionshop. They are very well respected.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 01:32 PM   #569
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:

Thanks
I've probably bought around 30+ statues from him over the years, I've never had a problem and I usually pay in full at the time of the order...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 01:59 PM   #570
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

No problems here either and I always pay in full as well to secure the best price.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote