Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 05-30-2016, 09:27 PM   #1201
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaerius View Post
Brian, thanks for pushing this because I agree that it is important. Hopefully we get a final answer on whether or not they are going to make the warpaint screen accurate or not as it will help me decide which one to get.
Thanks. I am dropping the matter. It's out of my hands.
I'm getting the other version, so its really none of my business.

All anyone has do do is pop in a blu ray and go through with the pause button from the campfire scene where the paint is applied to the escape where they pull a snake arrow from Valeria and they will see that the pattern never changs once, the front and back pattern on the Sideshow /PCS is wrong, there should be black paint on his neck as well as on the back of his left hand running to the tip of his middle and ring fingers, no paint on the index or pinky.

It's all there plain as day, not my duty to take screenshots and post them here,it's not my statue.

It seems if one is upset about a detail like a marble base instead of sand (I personally love the base, it's classy) then something like a completely incorrect camouflage pattern would be an issue, strange that nobody seems to care.
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 09:44 PM   #1202
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Yeah I agree with you Brian! I didn't know the pattern was not actuate but I'm sure jerry will make sure it's legit before its finalized!

I thought sideshows was partially incorrect back when so it was/is ??

Regardless these look great as is...
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 10:09 PM   #1203
Xaerius
The Herculoids

Unhappy

Has anyone else noticed that the 1:1 amulet that was supposed to be included with the 2-pack is no longer mentioned on the pre-order page although the picture is still in the photos?

PCS can you confirm whether or not the 2-pack will still come with the 1:1 Wheel of Pain amulet? I find it strange that the description no longer mentions it.

The order page used to say "Includes : Both Classic and War Paint versions of the 1:3 Conan Statue with matching numbers, plus a lifesize replica 'Wheel of Pain' pendant."

Now, it says "This is a set of both Conan Classic and Conan War Paint 1:3 Statue with matching edition numbers" and "They include all parts that the separate versions have."

Here is the picture that was on that page yesterday but is not there today:

Last edited by Xaerius; 05-30-2016 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Added picture...
Xaerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 11:06 PM   #1204
Xaerius
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Brian View Post
Thanks. I am dropping the matter. It's out of my hands. I'm getting the other version, so its really none of my business.
Understood. The warpaint DOES appear to be a faithful recreation of the old Sideshow piece and that one is well-loved by collectors so I can see how the warpaint isn't a deal-breaker (in fact, I do still really love the piece as it is). The reality is that if Conan used the warpaint in other battles, it is likely that it wouldn't be EXACTLY the same every time so, with that in mind, it probably isn't a big deal at all, I suppose.
Xaerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 12:41 AM   #1205
chris1203
The Spirit
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaerius View Post
Has anyone else noticed that the 1:1 amulet that was supposed to be included with the 2-pack is no longer mentioned on the pre-order page although the picture is still in the photos?

PCS can you confirm whether or not the 2-pack will still come with the 1:1 Wheel of Pain amulet? I find it strange that the description no longer mentions it.

The order page used to say "Includes : Both Classic and War Paint versions of the 1:3 Conan Statue with matching numbers, plus a lifesize replica 'Wheel of Pain' pendant."

Now, it says "This is a set of both Conan Classic and Conan War Paint 1:3 Statue with matching edition numbers" and "They include all parts that the separate versions have."

Here is the picture that was on that page yesterday but is not there today:

Of course the amulet is included in the 2pack
chris1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 12:53 AM   #1206
actionjackson83
Midnighter

actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 02:04 AM   #1207
#Brian
Shadowhawk

I said I wasn't going to but....here you go.
Please don't nickname me "the statue police"

PCS made a wonderful sculpt, it deserves the correct paint, not a Sideshow copy....

Old 05-31-2016, 05:57 AM   #1208
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Old 05-31-2016, 06:00 AM   #1209
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Personally I don't care these are details that nobody will care when they see the statue.Only hardcore fanatics that will be obsessed with getting everything spot on .
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 06:29 AM   #1210
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
Personally I don't care these are details that nobody will care when they see the statue.Only hardcore fanatics that will be obsessed with getting everything spot on .
Interesting point of view. You may be right.

There sure was an uproar about the marble base not being scene specific. (But I love it more than if the base had been a lump of sand, so that supports your statement)

But...
Who runs their fastest then gets 3 feet from the finish line and decides to walk?
In other words, the sculpt is so spot on...this is just paint, seems like it would be easy to do correctly.

If someone joins a forum for statues, I'm pretty sure they are interested in accuracy. And I realize hardcore fanatics make up a small % of total sales, so you are probably correct....This is "good enough"

I'm still madly in love with this statue and can't wait to order!

Please fellow collectors, don't think that I am hating on or putting down this wonderful statue, it's just passion and this is a forum for passionate collectors.