Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 06-15-2016, 07:48 AM   #1761
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
A lot of people that weren't around for the original think the whole movie looks dated and isn't very good, not saying that Conan fans care that it was 30 years ago. She isn't even popular as an actress. unlike someone like say Kristen Stewart which whether thinks she's hot as snot or a scrawny bird at least everyone knows who she is.
That makes zero sense. People who think the movie is dated or don't like it are not the target audience anyway.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:26 AM   #1762
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
LOL It's "Dated" because it's 30 years old

It's a good film for what it is IMO. Conan The Destroyer was a pile of crap as well! /horrible sequel So not really the actress' fault, just hard to make a good film set in this period
I don't think Conan looks dated at all. Sure it looks like a movie made when it was but as far as Sword & Sorcery/Quest movies it's about as good as it gets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
That makes zero sense. People who think the movie is dated or don't like it are not the target audience anyway.
No but it does make sense for a statue to sell on the basis of being a chick.

The discussion was comparing her potential sales to Thulsa Doom's and the point was raised that she could be more popular than Thulsa by being a female.

What makes zero sense is thinking she would outsell Thulsa.
More Conan fans would prefer a James Earl Jones Thulsa over Valeria. The main bad guy of the movie and an awesome costume.

Both would sell less than Conan and if Thulsa couldn't get enough sales to make it worthwhile Valeria definitely ain't.

I love the movies but can't see any way I'd pay even $500 for a Valeria statue.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:46 AM   #1763
Morgul Steve
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Exactly.

A lot of people that weren't around for the original think the whole movie looks dated and isn't very good, not saying that Conan fans care that it was 30 years ago. She isn't even popular as an actress. unlike someone like say Kristen Stewart which whether thinks she's hot as snot or a scrawny bird at least everyone knows who she is.
I had no idea who she was, had to google her.
Morgul Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:58 AM   #1764
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
I don't think Conan looks dated at all. Sure it looks like a movie made when it was but as far as Sword & Sorcery/Quest movies it's about as good as it gets.
Hey, I was just quoting you

The discussion was comparing her potential sales to Thulsa Doom's and the point was raised that she could be more popular than Thulsa by being a female.

More Conan fans would prefer a James Earl Jones Thulsa over Valeria. The main bad guy of the movie and an awesome costume.

Both would sell less than Conan and if Thulsa couldn't get enough sales to make it worthwhile Valeria definitely ain't.

I love the movies but can't see any way I'd pay even $500 for a Valeria statue.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
6 foot tall man faced woman
If you really think that is how Sandahl Bergman looked, you either need to watch the film again or just look up some pictures on the net. This was at a time when teenagers were not getting plastic surgery, cheek & lip fillers & Botox & hair extensions as must-haves. She is beautiful IMO

Oh, & Kristen Stewart? Not that popular at all
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:20 AM   #1765
qz33
Doctor Doom

Well let's get Jerry to do a Valeria and Thulsa and then see what happens when they go up for sale.
Old 06-15-2016, 05:28 PM   #1766
Adam_Warlock
Mephisto

Shes a butterface. Still like her but would not want a 1:3 statue.
Adam_Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:50 PM   #1767
Drakull
Sailor Moon

I'm Street Fighter collector and I will not buy another Arnold statue, the only one I 'd buy is Valeria, I'm a huge Conan fan and fantasy figure
Drakull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 06:29 PM   #1768
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
Jerry, can you make sure you use the highest quality of faux leather for the sheathe hanging at war paint conans waist? Ive noticed several of sideshows, war paint versions sheathe strap would tear over time, due to the weight of the polystone sword sheathe dangling. I wouldnt want this to happen to these 1/3's.
That can also be solved by making the the sword sheathe out of material and fur rather than a long solid polystone block like Sideshow did.
...can't tell for sure but it looks like PCSs new one is material.
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:29 PM   #1769
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakull View Post
I'm Street Fighter collector and I will not buy another Arnold statue, the only one I 'd buy is Valeria, I'm a huge Conan fan and fantasy figure
I'm a huge Conan movie fan. Love the movie.

Valeria has very little to do with that. Just another one of Conan's hoes and his affection seems forced just for a Hollywood movie stereotype.

The only way I'd buy Valeria is if it came out looking even better and more accurate than Conan like a Blitzway's Bruce Lee, Rocky, or Marilyn Monroe. I don't see that happening with this money.
Old 06-16-2016, 02:47 AM   #1770
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:

I love the movies but can't see any way I'd pay even $500 for a Valeria statue.
A few extra people may buy it for just that reason, but again, not the target audience. It would sell based on the character alone and as a companion to Conan. Not arguing she would sell more or less than Thulsa, but enough to make it worthwhile. I hope they do both.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote