Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-27-2013, 05:03 PM   #411
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Hey Alex

Relating back to a question I asked at the end of October (but not necessarily being about that particular statue), what can fans do to support certain preview statues actually being released? It really bums me out that this character has kinda vanished off of SS's radar, and I want to show my support as it's a fan favorite character of mine.

Does Sideshow follow a standoff-ish "We watch fan forums and base our decision making on what's most in demand from those," so that we can't really ask anything of them directly? Or does Sideshow expect fans to submit emails asking/demanding for the release of something that they've already teased? I'm not asking if fans should bombard Sideshow with demands for products that they may not have the license to (Game of Thrones, Star Trek, something else that's popular but has nothing to do with SS). But I am hoping that you can tell us a specific, "correct," way that we can let Sideshow know that a statue they already have a design for is still something we very much want (okay, it's Mara Jade for those of you who didn't click the link above, lol - and on a sad note, the original SS news link I posted in my question has since been taken down ).

I'd really hate for her to be let go because Sideshow didn't see any demand in a way that they want fans to express themselves (and all I know how to do is to post in forums like these, myself).

Thanks!
New Product decisions would not really be reliant on forums or the Internet...if it were every product would have 30+ versions released at the same time to satisfy every collectors/fans need, ha!

As for Mara Jade...I do believe a collectible for her is still in the works but don't really know if she's ever made it past the concept art stage right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
Hi Alex,
I ordered the Iron Patriot maquette. Under the Manage Account -> Reward Points screen, it says I am pending 400pts for the statue when it should be 800. I bet it's just an oversight from the webmaster but if you could be so kind as to see this corrected, it would alleviate a lot of fear.
I believe this issue was resolved before the Christmas break, so any non-double reward orders should be fixed now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi View Post
Hi Alex,

Can we expect to see in the near future, more Polystone Statues from the Lord of the Rings trilogy? I want to finish the fellowship of the rings with Merry and Pippin in particular.

Thank you in advance! And Happy Holidays
Sorry but I have no news or updates to share about the LOTR statue line at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis View Post
Hey Sideshow, Are you gonna change Saruman's Beard to the way it should look?
I don't believe any other changes will be occurring on this piece at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
SSAlex, please answer this question if you will dear.
will we see any more promo words throughout the 12 days of SS? or was Christmas the last day of being able to receive them?
Promo words are over for now.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:17 PM   #412
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

thank you Alex. appreciate the answer.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:30 PM   #413
toty21
The Avengers

SSAlex...by any chance is there any updates on the Kerrigan statue or the Queen Hive?

Thanks
toty21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:52 PM   #414
chad mcneely
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Good to know and thank you for every point. Tell Susan this holiday was a fantastic one getting to hang out with her online seeing all the joy she and Sideshow brought to people, promo words, prizes and shenanigans alike
chad mcneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:38 PM   #415
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by toty21 View Post
SSAlex...by any chance is there any updates on the Kerrigan statue or the Queen Hive?

Thanks
I was really hoping a larger bit of info would be released about the alien queen hive before the end of the year but it didn't come to completion yet (the info that is), so I have no news on her. Kerrigan is still in the works but I don't know of she's even been painted yet. Deathwing is the more completed Blizzard project with Kerrigan and Tychus coming up!
Old 12-27-2013, 07:49 PM   #416
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
I was really hoping a larger bit of info would be released about the alien queen hive before the end of the year but it didn't come to completion yet (the info that is), so I have no news on her. Kerrigan is still in the works but I don't know of she's even been painted yet. Deathwing is the more completed Blizzard project with Kerrigan and Tychus coming up!
im very interested in the hive. but thats all i really needed to hear what is in bold print.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:41 PM   #417
toty21
The Avengers

Thanks very much for the response.
toty21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:02 PM   #418
GM4Life
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Can we expect the queen alien in this 12 days?
GM4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:22 PM   #419
hulkmeister
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Can we expect a juggernaut pf soon? There was some talk from sideshow years back but it never came to light yet. Thx.
hulkmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:36 PM   #420
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4Life View Post
Can we expect the queen alien in this 12 days?
Nope...nothing will be in 12 days for the hive diorama. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkmeister View Post
Can we expect a juggernaut pf soon? There was some talk from sideshow years back but it never came to light yet. Thx.
I don't know where Juggernaut is in development. So sorry to have no news.