Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-10-2016, 02:57 PM   #4241
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

One thing everyone should remember is that any statue taken with a flash photo will look aweful
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 02:57 PM   #4242
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
Seems to be getting harder and harder for people to nitpick this with every new set of pics that shows up. Every new picture I see makes me want to log into my account and switch her to full payment. Lol
I'm not sure if this statement was aimed at me? If so, I was actually trying to help someone! The guy, whose photo I commented on, gave the impression that he'd taken the statue out of the box for a quick check, took some photos and put it away to store. In the photos it looked like a link was missing / broke. No one else mentioned it, so I thought there MIGHT be a risk he would store it away, and when he finally gets her out, he'd find an issue but would struggle to get support from SS.

I was very careful in my wording, and clearly raised the point as a question - not a "nit pick".

I know there's been a lot of negativity in this thread, but it seems to have calmed down, best not to kick the hornet's nest for no reason.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 03:02 PM   #4243
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I've never done a custom but I'd always assumed their prices were close to $2,500 after buying the statue too.

I've seen great customs but never one that perfectly replicated a prototype.
I've never seen someone pay $2,500 The last Red Sonja repaint by Vicente was $450 for a "normal version" which was quite good. The one you saw in the pics that always got posted and was crazy good and better then the prototype by a fair bit was like 1200 or so ($1500 including the statue I think?) He raised his prices toward the end and I think he's gone AWOL again?

Even Joe Dunaway wouldn't charge close to that much for a pred repaint either. If you've seen $2,500 it's cause they've also done some very heavy resculpting work on top. Even cutting that in half is on the end of customizing and repaints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
They havent started that yet, and everytime someone mentions them I laugh.
Just started, and yeah their CS is SHIIIIIT. Not because their new rep is mean or anything, but Arahom makes the decisions that govern the reps actions and they are poor decisions. Their statues are generally quite nice though. If you laugh at how bad ARH is then you must think it's really sad because they advertise more honestly then SS does :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagor View Post
ARH is really bad in the last time, the new production pics of PCS Kotal Khan are looking none like the prototype (the lines on the body) and i have seen production pics from XM which have overpaint.
And the most are easier to replicate than this one.
So pretty much... more or less everyone
ARH's last round of statues (of which I have 3) are actually pretty great and close to the prototype. Far closer then anything SS does. Some stuff like the snakes on Medusa's head is not. DD1 came out great. And yeah of course they are easy to replicate. It's called being realistic in their advertising. I prefer this instead of showing something that they have no intention of actually selling. I haven't see any XM ----ups, even with Iron Man which has more panel lining then anything else. I've not seen Kotal Khan pics because I have no care for them, but they are in production pics taken with a camera phone in a ----ty light setting so take them with a grain of salt ;p If final production is not up to snuff then I'd worry, early panic is useless....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Lip View Post
One thing everyone should remember is that any statue taken with a flash photo will look aweful
Always remeber this, flash photos, or photos with horribly bright lighting are terrible :| They absolutely destroy any color, shading and makes everything look super washed out.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 03:15 PM   #4244
enigmatikone
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I'm not sure if this statement was aimed at me? If so, I was actually trying to help someone! The guy, whose photo I commented on, gave the impression that he'd taken the statue out of the box for a quick check, took some photos and put it away to store. In the photos it looked like a link was missing / broke. No one else mentioned it, so I thought there MIGHT be a risk he would store it away, and when he finally gets her out, he'd find an issue but would struggle to get support from SS.

I was very careful in my wording, and clearly raised the point as a question - not a "nit pick".

I know there's been a lot of negativity in this thread, but it seems to have calmed down, best not to kick the hornet's nest for no reason.
Don't worry, bro, good looking out. I appreciate you calling attention to it before I packed her away.
enigmatikone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 03:22 PM   #4245
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
Seems to be getting harder and harder for people to nitpick this with every new set of pics that shows up. Every new picture I see makes me want to log into my account and switch her to full payment. Lol
I did just that last night.
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 04:13 PM   #4246
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
They havent started that yet, and everytime someone mentions them I laugh.
I don't know why...their Medusa and select other statues are just as impressive as anything else. I can easily put that Medusa up against any statue and it can hold its own or exceed it.

The painting app though on some are just not detailed enough. The painting of the nails on the hands and feet just appall me.

But many of the concepts are pretty cool IMO.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 04:17 PM   #4247
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Lip View Post
Depends on lighting conditions.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 05:06 PM   #4248
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Wasn't calling you out, Silas. I'm not even sure what your comment was. Lol
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 05:52 PM   #4249
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Just started, and yeah their CS is SHIIIIIT. Not because their new rep is mean or anything, but Arahom makes the decisions that govern the reps actions and they are poor decisions. Their statues are generally quite nice though. If you laugh at how bad ARH is then you must think it's really sad because they advertise more honestly then SS does :P
Pfft, man I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole. Their Huntress with Cats was awful and no where near the prototype. The DD3 was supposed to have a head sculpt change, which they were supposed to show the change before the PO, which they never did.

Now I'm hearing people sent back statues for repair only to receive them back and the items were not repaired correctly.

they also make that "Less ES makes better QC" argument irrelevant.

I really wanted the DD3, so happy now I never bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I don't know why...their Medusa and select other statues are just as impressive as anything else. I can easily put that Medusa up against any statue and it can hold its own or exceed it.

The painting app though on some are just not detailed enough. The painting of the nails on the hands and feet just appall me.

But many of the concepts are pretty cool IMO.
Their Medusa was 6 years ago man.. And while I agree, the paint and sculpt on the snake tail is amazing, the face and everything else is meh. It's also the only statue people bring up when talking about them.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 06:07 PM   #4250
qz33
Doctor Doom

I just got 3 from them.
The full Frazetta Barbarian is very well painted and rad, the Frazetta Atlantis looks like a bronze statue you'd see at a historical greek locale, and their Arkhalla Seduction is sublime and matches the proto.

But yeah I don't trust them at all so I either bought from a 3rd party for insulation for returns or right upon release so I could beat them with a PayPal stick if need be.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote