Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-30-2019, 07:19 PM   #3091
Alpha_Flight
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Sorry for the double post... but on a side note, if you listen to "Guts Theme" from the 1997 OG anime soundtrack whilst reading the manga, it makes it so much better! I plug in my headphones and use a 10 hour looped version on Youtube when reading
Alpha_Flight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 09:56 PM   #3092
joerock
U talkin' to me?

Manga all day
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D1D1A0D2-9DBC-4984-90A3-ECEC09EDF683.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	120569  
joerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 11:29 AM   #3093
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa_yodamorph View Post
What a stupid comment. Clearly nostalgia is blinding you. The animation is extremely lacking, “1987 Berserk”. It hasn’t aged well at all. The movies and the new TV anime have huge flaws as well, so don’t think I’m trying to sell those either. But the animation is much more up to date. No one has done justice to Miura’s Masterpiece. The heart of berserk is in the manga and thats where everyone should start.
Hey I never said people shouldn't watch the movies or the new series. I love it all even if it's not perfect.
I'm pretty sure most of us discovered Berserk through the 97 anime and then moved to the manga.

Hell I'm pretty sure the manga wasn't even out when we were watching the HK dvds.

And it's not nostalgy. The OG anime is amazing, the music by Hirasawa alone puts it in a league of its own. And I would have preferred if they had continued the series in that style and with that staff but after all those years of waiting I'll take anything... everything.

PS: Now if we could only get a season 4 of the Spawn animated series...
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 01:49 PM   #3094
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
Hey I never said people shouldn't watch the movies or the new series. I love it all even if it's not perfect.
I'm pretty sure most of us discovered Berserk through the 97 anime and then moved to the manga.

Hell I'm pretty sure the manga wasn't even out when we were watching the HK dvds.

And it's not nostalgy. The OG anime is amazing, the music by Hirasawa alone puts it in a league of its own. And I would have preferred if they had continued the series in that style and with that staff but after all those years of waiting I'll take anything... everything.

PS: Now if we could only get a season 4 of the Spawn animated series...
100% I saw the 97 anime, and when it ended I rushed to wiki and found the manga haha, I always loved the track gatsu
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 02:42 PM   #3095
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Flight View Post
I went Berserk for Berserk. I recently bought all 39 volumes of the manga, the guide book, have the first 2 deluxe hardcovers on pre-order, and bought the Golden Age Arc movie Bluray along with Season 1 and Season 2 of the new anime.

Saying that...

1. IMHO any and all Berserk media I can get my hands on is awesome. Like anything, if you actively seek flaws, you will see them. If you watch the anime (Whichever one) with the mindset of "This is Berserk and it is awesome and I will take whatever I can get" then you will thoroughly enjoy it. I loved the 1997 OG version, loved the Golden Age movies and yes, I really enjoyed the 2016 / 2017 series.

2. I broke into the world of Berserk by:

- Watching the OG 1997 series. For anyone interested, all 25 episodes are on Youtube. They are the Australian / European Bluray rips so the quality and colours are much better than the old AnimeWorks DVD releases. The best part. It's free LOL. The DVD releases are quite expensive now for their quality and there are no North American Bluray releases as of yet.

- Followed by watching the 3 Golden Age Arc movies (To fill in the gaps i.e. a proper closer to the arc as well as the Skull Knight goodness.

- Followed by watching the 2016 / 2017 series highlighting the Black Swordsman / Conviction / Falcon of the Millennium Empire arcs.

* Side note: Watching the anime is great prior to reading the manga as you really get a feel for the characters and their voices. Guts' voice in the original 1997 OG series and the Golden Age movies is the definitive Guts voice to me

- Read the manga volumes 1 - 39 and be graced by the best story and art of all manga! I am currently on Volume 13 and it has been a joy the whole way through! Can't wait to finish it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Flight View Post
Sorry for the double post... but on a side note, if you listen to "Guts Theme" from the 1997 OG anime soundtrack whilst reading the manga, it makes it so much better! I plug in my headphones and use a 10 hour looped version on Youtube when reading

Wow....

V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 02:55 PM   #3096
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4XCollect View Post
Wow....

When its about berserk, its Okay to nerd a bit xD
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 06:00 PM   #3097
Alpha_Flight
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Super-Nerd NO DOUBT!

When it comes to Berserk, I don't mess around LOL.
Alpha_Flight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 04:55 AM   #3098
vKevinnn
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I have yet to read the manga, so far I’m getting slan femto zodd I tried to waitlist for deluxe slan for the cheaper ubik and the tongue headsculpt. Is ubik an important character in the manga, will he likely sell out or should I even bother with that character. I think I like his design over Conrad, don’t really want to pay $350 for a tiny demon guy. And Conrad came across as a special ed demon so I’ll pass on him as his design doesn’t stand out either.
vKevinnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 05:16 AM   #3099
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Ubik is as important as the other God's Hand characters. The only one to kinda question is Femto, but technically he's a God's Hand member as well (although a sucky looking one, lol)
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 05:49 AM   #3100
vKevinnn
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Ubik is as important as the other God's Hand characters. The only one to kinda question is Femto, but technically he's a God's Hand member as well (although a sucky looking one, lol)
My personal ranking of the designs.
1. Femto
2. Slan
3. Void
4. Ubik
5. Conrad IMO looks like fat turtle demon

Also why is slan deluxe $290 to ship to me in California when the Arkham knight joker is only $130
vKevinnn is offline   Reply With Quote