Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 11-07-2016, 02:09 PM   #131
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
on the mini busts: supergirls blouse is incorrect. It should close left over right, like wonder woman's (whose buttons are askew)
I'm confused about that as well. Wonder Woman's buttons are on the right, whereas Supergirl's buttons are on the left. I looked up real-world military uniforms, and it appears that they follow fashion guidelines regarding button placements (left on women's apparel).

Here are pix of the protos that were displayed at Comic Con:

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 02:48 PM   #132
grphyx1
Kingpin

somebody messed up. I just noticed it because i used to make a lot of clothing back in the early 90's. the buttons on WW should be dead center. Honestly wouldn't save this bust,I think it looks silly compared to all the upper torso bust that they have released. They are not cool enough to be retro cool, especially in the dying collectibility of mini busts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
I'm confused about that as well. Wonder Woman's buttons are on the right, whereas Supergirl's buttons are on the left. I looked up real-world military uniforms, and it appears that they follow fashion guidelines regarding button placements (left on women's apparel).

Here are pix of the protos that were displayed at Comic Con:

grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 03:05 PM   #133
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
somebody messed up. I just noticed it because i used to make a lot of clothing back in the early 90's. the buttons on WW should be dead center. Honestly wouldn't save this bust,I think it looks silly compared to all the upper torso bust that they have released. They are not cool enough to be retro cool, especially in the dying collectibility of mini busts
Yeah, I know the faces on some of the statues are divisive, but they at least have "personality". These busts look like supermodels cosplaying.

Hate to see minibusts go away, though. I picked up a couple of Batgirls, a Batwoman, and a Nightwing this year. They're nice to have.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:43 PM   #134
batmaster
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Damn, my comic shop got 39 boxes with new comics and stuff. On his track and trace were 40 boxes. And he opened all the boxes and no Killer Frost Exclusive. He got two normal ones. And on the list with the items that he got is standing 4 times the exclusive Killer Frost. So why has there to be a missing box. Why????!!!! I should have got it today .
batmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 06:06 PM   #135
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaster View Post
Damn, my comic shop got 39 boxes with new comics and stuff. On his track and trace were 40 boxes. And he opened all the boxes and no Killer Frost Exclusive. He got two normal ones. And on the list with the items that he got is standing 4 times the exclusive Killer Frost. So why has there to be a missing box. Why????!!!! I should have got it today .
My LCS says that they got it this week as well but can't sell it until LCSD.

Old 11-08-2016, 06:46 PM   #136
batmaster
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
My LCS says that they got it this week as well but can't sell it until LCSD.
My shop really doesn't care haha.
batmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 06:52 PM   #137
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaster View Post
My shop really doesn't care haha.
Old 11-09-2016, 02:54 PM   #138
Gothamite
Phoenix

Someone has listed the Sparkling Killer Frost Statue on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LCSD-DC-DIRE...-/192022840376
Old 11-09-2016, 03:20 PM   #139
vudoo1979
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I saw that. I talked to a shop close to me. And I am hoping to hear something today if I can get the one they have on order. And if they will ship it to me. Fingers crossed.
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 09:54 AM   #140
rykerw1701
Justice League

I know some collectors get excited about short-run variants like this sparkly Killer Frost statue, but for me that's always the beginning of the end of collecting anything. I'm not a completest on this line, so not finding one isn't going to impact me, but I don't know why collectibles companies all go down this same ugly road.
rykerw1701 is offline   Reply With Quote