Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-07-2019, 05:40 AM   #271
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
So I literally been thinking about this whole situation with shipping and the reason I think sideshow is raising the shipping prices so high on prime 1 1/3 pieces is to make people feel like they are too expensive after shipping.

Truthfully when you look at a sideshow 1/4 piece for $700 and say F them I’m going Prime 1 1/3 for $1k I think anyone with common sense and a little extra cash and space will go Prime 1 90% of the time.

But after getting hit with taxes and $200+ for shipping this can skew you to think man a 1/4 piece at $700 plus $70 shipping ain’t so bad,

I think GREEDSHOW is full of crap, but still think they are pushing these higher shipping prices for 1/3 pieces to bring customers back to their 1/4 pieces.

LONG LIVE Prime 1
Great Statues.
Reasonable Prices.
Reasonable Shipping.

Just hope they don’t get stupid like GREEDSHOW
I don't see it all.

Prime 1's 1/4th scale statues are $750 and up plus shipping.

Their 1/3rd scales are slightly discounted to seem appealing as 1/3rd was an unwanted license. In a hobby based on 1/4th scale, very few would even touch it before P1. The pieces are massive, adding to production space costs, warehousing costs, and shipping costs. If they could get the 1/4th license they would have never even touched 1/3rd scale.

Just look at the pieces that are 1/4th by P1, they're not also making 1/3rd. As there is no added value for them, 1/4th is king.

Shipping is expensive for huge boxes. If SSC is adding a tax for large boxes it's due to warehousing and storage. And has nothing to do with Prime 1. My SSC Doomsday just cost $160 to ship within the US. Less than two years ago they charged me $50 for a similar sized piece, Bane.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 09:30 AM   #272
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post
Just look at the pieces that are 1/4th by P1, they're not also making 1/3rd. As there is no added value for them, 1/4th is king.
I would agree that they wouldn't have gone with 1/3 if 1/4 was open to them. However, they did do a 1/3 Berserk statue when most of the line is 1/4.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 09:49 AM   #273
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
Are YOU a lawyer because what you are saying sounds like total nonsense. Sideshow would have to actually prove damages caused by this speculation for them to have a foot to stand on in court.
It's not worth it. He just looks like he wants to argue for the sake of arguing. It's either that, or he isn't understanding what I wrote. Better to just move on and ignore.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 11:41 PM   #274
SteveL.
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
Sideshow would have to actually prove damages caused by this speculation for them to have a foot to stand on in court.
That was part of what I was implying."IF" a company felt that they had something legal to stand on.However,that doesn't mean that a company couldn't start the legal process if they felt it was worth it to go after you for slander. Cease and Disist's are used frequently in those types of situations. Legal actions are filed all the time for all kinds of reasons. Many times as scare tactics.

Do you want to take that chance without anything factual to back up the speculative claims?

Whomever is throwing around it's illegal to do this or that based on opinion and calculators and not facts, is just kidding themselves.

Cmac thinks that shipping calculators are going to prove some kind of wrong doing on SS part if his speculations indicate that they charge more than the shipping calulator's base price. That's goofy

SS can legally charge whatever they want for shipping, so his argument is pointless. What they can't do is state a specific shipping amount and then bill you more than that,which is an entirely different thing than charging you more than what it costs them to ship an item,and an estimate is not a specific stated amount. See how that works
SteveL. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 11:53 PM   #275
SteveL.
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
It's not worth it. He just looks like he wants to argue for the sake of arguing. It's either that, or he isn't understanding what I wrote. Better to just move on and ignore.
SS can charge you more than what it costs them for shipping, so I'm not sure what your speculating is trying to prove. "Your" argument is invalid and is just pointless.

Frankly,I could care less if they started charging even more for shipping.These companies know that you are going to pay for it one way or the other!

Care to speculate on that lol!
SteveL. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 04:48 PM   #276
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

So yesterday Prime 1 posted their Superboy and Robin piece for sale. I told my wife in the morning that I would sign up for Prime 1 after work to place the order. During the day she wanted to ask Sideshow if there was any chance they would be carrying the piece.

Here's the end of the chat on Sideshow's website yesterday

Yes? No?

Thoughts?
Old 06-13-2019, 04:55 PM   #277
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

There aren't really any thoughts that any of us can have beyond total speculation since neither company will say anything official. It's also pretty clear that "nothing has changed" is an inaccurate statement.

You're in the US, does it really matter? What reason do you have to continue to wonder about Sideshow.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 05:03 PM   #278
nearmint
Phoenix

I wonder if Lea kept a straight face when she typed that.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 05:11 PM   #279
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
There aren't really any thoughts that any of us can have beyond total speculation since neither company will say anything official. It's also pretty clear that "nothing has changed" is an inaccurate statement.

You're in the US, does it really matter? What reason do you have to continue to wonder about Sideshow.
My wife thought it was unnecessary to use whole other website for the payment plan.

Thought it was interesting that they're sticking to everything is fine with SSC and Prime 1.
Old 06-13-2019, 05:17 PM   #280
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I mean you gotta do what you gotta do, but it's just impossible to know whether or not Sideshow is going to carry anymore P1 stuff. The only concrete evidence that can be spoken on is that it's been many months now since a new P1 statue has gone up for order on Sideshow and nothing at all has been said to make people think it will change. The only piece of evidence (to me at least) that is even worth speculating on is the fact that P1 now ships to the US on their own. Frankly I don't even see why they'd bother with selling through Sideshow anymore, at least in regards to US customers. I know that does nothing for EU people, but apparently they're working on that too.

Maybe "Nothing has changed" on their end in that they'd still like to sell P1 stuff, but P1 is choosing to move on from them and it's not their choice. But it's still a silly thing to say when CLEARLY things have changed in that they're not listing any new P1 products. Considering how much Sideshow (supposedly) gets on every P1 sale, I really don't see why they'd bother if they get the direct shipping stuff sorted out.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote