Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 10-08-2007, 05:30 PM   #41
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nuff View Post
His mother charges him rent...If I charged him rent as well...He would just drop out of college and go back to an apartment...He can't afford rent in 2 places...Besides...he sleeps on a couch the 2 days a week he spends here...Not sure how much would be fair for a couch in the family room...
Its not so bad when they are single, but I would worry if he tried to get married and bring the girl home. Its like what Bill Cosby said, "Kids not only don't leave home, they come back and bring more with them." LOL
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:32 PM   #42
'Nuff
ROT Minister of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkari1 View Post
Its not so bad when they are single, but I would worry if he tried to get married and bring the girl home. Its like what Bill Cosby said, "Kids not only don't leave home, they come back and bring more with them." LOL
Good point...But they know my rules...They can move someone in after I'm dead...
'Nuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:42 PM   #43
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

Quote:
The 26 year old was out on his own but I talked him into going back to college a few years ago...He couldn't afford his apartment working only part time...so he splits living here on weekends and his mother's place during the week...BTW...he is making all A's...The boy is just too smart not to be in college...Opposite ends of the spectrum with my Sons..
Good choice you made, never leave school and go into society without at least a university diploma in hand or you'd be the last one to be hired and the firet one to get laid off...

Worked in a lot of retail placed during my college years and heck all the loser managers I met have no college diploma.

And about the trash, persoanlly never done the trash-is-full thing, it's almost a reflex I'll just squzze down the trash a bit to fit whatever I'm trashing.
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:49 PM   #44
'Nuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderV3 View Post
Good choice you made, never go into society without at least a university diploma in hand or you'd be the last one to be hired and the firet one to be laid off...

Worked in a lot of retial placed during my college years and heck all the loser managers I met have no college diploma.
His mother was supposed to send him through school and withdrew her support after 1 year...It took me 2 years to talk him into going back...I funded the 1st semester and he dropped out due to some intense personal problems that he did not tell me about...I found out from the RHSon...I talked him into going back again...and funded another semester...He works for UPS...once he turns in his grades to them along with a financial statement of the tuition cost...They refund him 100%...Not a bad deal...I just had a hard time getting him to go...He gets bored easily in class...Is attending one now without a book...another story...and is still making an "A" in there...
Old 10-08-2007, 05:53 PM   #45
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

Quote:
His mother was supposed to send him through school and withdrew her support after 1 year...It took me 2 years to talk him into going back...I funded the 1st semester and he dropped out due to some intense personal problems that he did not tell me about...I found out from the RHSon...I talked him into going back again...and funded another semester...He works for UPS...once he turns in his grades to them along with a financial statement of the tuition cost...They refund him 100%...Not a bad deal...I just had a hard time getting him to go...He gets bored easily in class...Is attending one now without a book...another story...and is still making an "A" in there...
Hey he has the intelegence, don't waste it!

He just has to realize the importance of going back to school and heck he'll be begging you for it without any push.

If my job ask me to go back to school I'd be all over it.
I'm dumber than a bag of hammer and didn't make a lot of A in college, but came through okay...
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:57 PM   #46
'Nuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderV3 View Post
Hey he has the intelegence, don't waste it!
He just has to realize the importance of going back to school and heck he'll be begging you for it without any push.

If my job ask me to go back to school I'd be all over it.
I'm dumber than a bag of hammer and didn't make a lot of A in college, but came through okay...
That was my argument...

He's up for a job at an auction house in Dallas...If he get's that I'm afraid he'll drop out again...But...he would be playing with old comics and Historical Artifacts...I'd find that hard to pass up myself...
Old 10-09-2007, 11:59 AM   #47
syzygy
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

for my 18th birthday (many many years ago) my parents said their gift to me was that i could live at home for one more year. not that i could blame them, i was a rotten, disrepectful SOB, and the whole house would always smell like pot.
syzygy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:00 PM   #48
cougartrace
I like !%&!%&!%&!%&

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzygy View Post
for my 18th birthday (many many years ago) my parents said their gift to me was that i could live at home for one more year. not that i could blame them, i was a rotten, disrepectful SOB, and the whole house would always smell like pot.
just say no
cougartrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:05 PM   #49
syzygy
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougartrace View Post
just say no

hey, you didn't grow up in MY neighborhood!!
syzygy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 07:09 PM   #50
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
I found an empty can in the fridge...When I asked my Sons about it...One of them said the trash can was full.
Quote:
But my Sons are 32 and 25...
Quote:
The younger was the guilty party...I should have known...The older Son puts his trash in the sink..

My GOD!
What kinda show are you running over there?!?
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote