Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 12-20-2009, 07:47 AM   #11
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Yeah, right now I'm playing a waiting game on this one. This Wolverine is very nice, but their next one will likely be even better, just as was the case with The Joker. The likeness on this one, well, it just isn't quite all the way there for my money, at least not compared against Hot Toys best work anyhow. Compared against most other company releases, it's great, compared against their own high standards though, I think they can, and likely will, do better down the line sometime.

Still a very nice piece though, congrats.
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:17 AM   #12
qcjoe
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarch51 View Post
I agree that the likeness can be improved, and knowing Hot Toys, there will be an improved head sculpt coming next year probably a DX version.
To be honest I feel kinda cheated when they do this. I just bought the Dark Knight Batman and then I see them coming out with a uber DX version. Unless he comes in a diffrent costume I dont want it. Just my 2 cents.
qcjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:38 AM   #13
wolverinejedi007
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I have to get this sooner or later...it looks AWSOME!!!
wolverinejedi007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:03 AM   #14
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
I'd like to see a PF!
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:33 AM   #15
Titanchuck
Cyclops
Adamantium Member

looks great I dont collect figs but ones like this make me wish I had started a hottoys line long ago we'll see
Titanchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:36 AM   #16
Averone
Kindly Asked To Leave

Man, Hot toys has great toys!
Averone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:29 AM   #17
demonhunter
Kingpin

It's hard to say. They may and may not DX-nize the old line ups.

It's a real bummer when you got the first MMS Dark Knight, and here they have a much much improved(no beer belly, no loose belt, leaner, meaner DX Dark Knight, even the Dark Knight costume has been vastly improved!).......

I know I could have waited for a DX-nized HotToys Wolverine. But what if they don't?
I got it because based on what I've seen so far, it's pretty darn good enough already. The DX version would probably come with some extras like an interchangeable head(snarling/ roarring expression or some other nifty additions....) What the heck, if I can afford it when the time comes, I'll put down another few hundred dollars for the DX-version Wolverine(if they make one, probably would...)

Anyhow, Hot Toys has come a long long way since I first saw their Batman Begins and Superman Returns figures. Those looked like dolls with rep lipsticks and very pale skin tones.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:07 PM   #18
supahman
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

I see them mking Sabertooth, liev schreiber.. .. and with Ryan reynolds deadpool coming.. a Deadpool.. with a switch out head..( from the last scene ) i dn't think they will go beyond them.. n of course.. at least one more wolvie.. DX..m i dunno if this movie was popular enough for that.. i think they will do it for their Ironman 2 line.
supahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:00 AM   #19
Gustavo Freire
Jubilee

Mine has been delayed until the end of january/2010, according to MIDTOWN COMICS NYC. However, as some collectors have already got it, I believe mine should be available to ship before this deadline.
Gustavo Freire is offline   Reply With Quote