Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-30-2015, 07:43 PM   #101
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

Something about his neck. Maybe a more "inhaled" look with visible tendons, viens , muscles or what. Like he is inhaling for that big crqzy laugh! This guy is on the leaner/maniac side.

Also hands. They gotta do something with either hands if theyre gonna be switchout parts. No mirroring. Venom seems like it has mirrored hands. Think the default hand pose is that half clinched pose that the goblin and venom have. Just maybe somthing different.
frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 08:46 PM   #102
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toe View Post

something like this would be okay. minus Gwen. Glider is there but he's not riding it.
I never realized this but GG was the first villain to carry a man purse...a Murse if you will. He just stepped up to a higher level Villainy!
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 12:01 AM   #103
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Looks great! COH maybe?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 07:38 PM   #104
Peedi
The Secret Six

I dig the actual Goblin but I don't like the coaster under the base...I never like coasters under the base, just make the environment the base.

I'd also like the base to have him raised higher...XM does all these super tall, detailed or extensive bases then the character that actually flies sits relatively low...somehow they need to get him higher up.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 08:54 PM   #105
StringKeyRhythm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I dig the actual Goblin but I don't like the coaster under the base...I never like coasters under the base, just make the environment the base.

I'd also like the base to have him raised higher...XM does all these super tall, detailed or extensive bases then the character that actually flies sits relatively low...somehow they need to get him higher up.
StringKeyRhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 09:29 PM   #106
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

I totally agree as a villian who is flying he should have some more height..not sure if that is complicated...also agree with the base.
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 01:13 PM   #107
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post

AFAIK, XM has never made a coaster base for any of their statues. I don't think they will start now....especially when it is not necessary.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 03:03 PM   #108
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
AFAIK, XM has never made a coaster base for any of their statues. I don't think they will start now....especially when it is not necessary.
They haven't, but they've started designing and even printing them now. And that is what is concerning when we see them. After final touches, could XM go in there and remove the cylinder base? Yes, of course. It just seems like a waste of energy to do so. Green Goblin has been shown with one, Sandman was shown with one, and Classic Iron Man was actually printed with one. So of course they could be removed. The art design of Namor had one, but the digital mock up shown did not. I hope they take them off. It takes a lot away from the naturalism of the bases.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 03:39 PM   #109
adee
Green Arrow

I can appreciate artistic take on this but like the new SS piece it doesn't move me because it isn't classic. I realize I'm in the minority when it comes to this but unless a piece looks like the nostalgic character I remember it doesn't make me want to own one. Just seeing the Bowen piece in comparison makes me feel like that's the GG I know and love. I still think it's a very cool looking piece and I really like the pose.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 02:44 AM   #110
Swordsman
Death is hereditary.

Xm1/4 scale Green Goblin done!!!
Thanks to Alejandro Pereira for the magnificent sculp.....
Thanks to Skan(hive) for the great concept....

Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote