Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 11-01-2020, 08:55 PM   #61
azurepred
The Masters of Evil

what is there to get? There are already 2 standing 1/4 movie Thanos statues out there. At these kind of prices, it's smart to do something nobody else has offered.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 01:23 AM   #62
PacMan3000
The Spirit

So after thinking about this piece, I decided to get it.

I will say though, I'm surprised this piece is considered to be the best 1/4 Thanos. I think it certainly might be, of course, but I've always been a fan of the Infinity War one Iron Studios did. But it doesn't seem to get much love, and never even sold out.

I'm not sure why that is, as it comes with the Infinity Gauntlet, and I think the head sculpts are very good. And the movie is definitely popular with the fan base.
PacMan3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 02:45 AM   #63
Phoenixblazes
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000 View Post
So after thinking about this piece, I decided to get it.

I will say though, I'm surprised this piece is considered to be the best 1/4 Thanos. I think it certainly might be, of course, but I've always been a fan of the Infinity War one Iron Studios did. But it doesn't seem to get much love, and never even sold out.

I'm not sure why that is, as it comes with the Infinity Gauntlet, and I think the head sculpts are very good. And the movie is definitely popular with the fan base.
I’ve got both and pretty much all their other MCU pieces in 1/4 scale as well as some of their 1/6 scale piece. And while I do like the IW piece, the sculpt is rather simple without much fine detail in the costume (especially the boots) and the paint application. And like the vast bulk of Iron Studio pieces their bases are barely passable.

But as you mentioned the headsulpts are quite good, and I’ve always liked it’s pose. But I’ve grown to like their Endgame piece more even though the pose and headsculpts aren’t as good imo.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 11:12 AM   #64
anberlchev
Frackin!

i hope the iron studios trio of thor, ironman and captain america can go hand in hand with the queen studios thanos (though there may be differences in the sculpt). will be so in line with the movie scene.
Iron studios thanos standing just look too simple, though i bought it mainly for the blade.
anberlchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 04:00 PM   #65
Phoenixblazes
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by anberlchev View Post
i hope the iron studios trio of thor, ironman and captain america can go hand in hand with the queen studios thanos (though there may be differences in the sculpt). will be so in line with the movie scene.
Iron studios thanos standing just look too simple, though i bought it mainly for the blade.
If I’m being honest most of the set looks rather simple, at least where their poses are concerned. Thanos, Thor and Cap are straight museum poses, however for Cap it sort of works for him. And I’m liking Thor more than I thought I would (as I didn’t particularly like the film portrayal this time).
Old 12-01-2020, 03:23 PM   #66
statuehungry
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I don't know about this pose, yes its different, BUT, it looks like he is on the crapper !!
statuehungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 09:18 AM   #67
Shoo
The Enchantress

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 12:56 PM   #68
Phoenixblazes
Suicide Squad

Damn, I wasn’t expecting this for awhile. I have no where to display this piece, as I was expecting for this to be delayed just like everything else in the market, but it might actually come out early.
Old 07-26-2021, 07:29 PM   #69
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post

Looks nice so far.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 11:50 PM   #70
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Damn, I wasn’t expecting this for awhile. I have no where to display this piece, as I was expecting for this to be delayed just like everything else in the market, but it might actually come out early.
I think your safe for at least another 6 months. We've seen photos of WW and 12 months ago and that is still months out.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote