Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-29-2020, 12:35 AM   #831
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
Meanwhile - at Infinity Studios

Let's see them do some Aliens. We need more options for a Warrior.
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 01:08 AM   #832
Strychnine
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Never heard of him but the guy is amazing. Incredible work.
You may be more familiar with his brother, GETTUDA CHOPRAA.
Strychnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 06:52 PM   #833
Halcyon
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strychnine View Post
You may be more familiar with his brother....
Almost looked for it, LOL
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 02:08 PM   #834
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strychnine View Post
You may be more familiar with his brother, GETTUDA CHOPRAA.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 08:22 AM   #835
xb24
Sinister Six

Please convince me to like the Predator.
I really like the look of this Predator statue but I'm not yet convinced I like the character. These are only my observations but please correct me if these are wrong. I've only seen the 1987 and the 2018 films. They have a beastly appearance but I hardly see them use their monstrosity for killing. They don't look agile and walk slow (at least in movies) which reminds me that they're just people in costumes. They don't use their mandibles to eat or rip things apart and most of the time they only use their ranged weapons to kill instead of brute force.
xb24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 10:49 AM   #836
Frogtown
Fantastic Four

Far be it from me to tell you or anyone how to spend their own money but wouldn't you prefer to drop $1,500+ on a character you love and not need convincing of?
Frogtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 03:18 PM   #837
epitaph04
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Man, that's like saying the giger Alien is lame because its just a dude in a suit, or a puppet in some shots and you barely see him do anything, and it's all slow, etc, or that the T-rex in jurassic park is lame because it only kills, like, one dude in the entire movie. If you get it, you get it.
epitaph04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 03:43 PM   #838
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

If you need convincing to like the character I'd buy something else ...Beserker Predator from the film Predators pulls apart a human and rips his spine out if that helps lol
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 04:02 PM   #839
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb24 View Post
Please convince me to like the Predator.
I really like the look of this Predator statue but I'm not yet convinced I like the character. These are only my observations but please correct me if these are wrong. I've only seen the 1987 and the 2018 films. They have a beastly appearance but I hardly see them use their monstrosity for killing. They don't look agile and walk slow (at least in movies) which reminds me that they're just people in costumes. They don't use their mandibles to eat or rip things apart and most of the time they only use their ranged weapons to kill instead of brute force.
The Fugitive predator in the 2018 film is one of the most agile and quick-witted predators we've seen, so I'm not sure why you're saying they walk slow while specifically referencing that film. The other "villian" predator in that film actually does use his mandibles to bite someone's head off if I remember correctly.

They're leaps and bounds ahead of humans in technological advancements, so of course they're going to have a heavy reliance on weapons. They still however display more "primitive" fighting techniques in just about every film, ie melee combat.

When you have a person in a suit that heavy and awkwardly shaped, in a time before CGI, the character is inevitably going to move a bit slower and clunkier than you would hope. That being said, the quality of the predator suit in the first two films are among the most realistic film creations I think I have ever seen. The detail, the texture, the wetness, the facial animatronics and eye movements...it looks like a living, breathing predator. Because it sort of is. Sure with CGI you get some pretty incredibly acrobatic shots of predators doing flips and jumping 20 feet in the air (AvP), but the realism you gain from having a top-quality suit is a higher priority for me personally.

I was going to post a clip of the scene where the predator sees the spikes on the branch and realizes Dutch's trap - because in that one scene you can actually see the predator thinking and coming to that conclusion and it's one of the most sinister and intelligent facial expressions the monster demonstrates IMO. I don't think we're allowed to post youtube videos though for no good reason.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 04:16 PM   #840
xb24
Sinister Six

^@Xenoburger, thank you.
xb24 is offline   Reply With Quote