Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-11-2011, 08:57 PM   #1
msisaac
A day without sunshine is like... night.

'89 Batgun replicas

Hey all,

I'm not sure how many people here are in to prop replicas as well as statue collecting, but I thought I'd share this bit of info here in case anyone is interested. SD Studios is almost done producing a replica of the 1989 Batman spear gun and will hopefully begin shipping in 2-3 weeks. If any of you hang out on therpf.com, you'll probably know about Steve's quality and attention to detail. He has been making incredible high-quality prop replicas for years. He's getting out of the business soon and one of his last pieces is a nearly full metal replica of the spear gun. It is machined out of aluminum, stainless steel, and brass parts, with only one small intricately detailed part being cast in resin. It snaps apart just like the original prop and the pieces will rotate, again just like the original prop. The spear is machined out of brass. The whole thing looks extremely solid and amazing. He sold out of his initial run of the prop replica, but the machine shop he works with has made enough pieces for 5-6 spares. He is looking for anyone else interested in buying. He's listing the price on these last few spares at $600, but you can probably work out a payment plan with him (I did).

Anyway, if interested, drop him a line at sdstudios AT aol.com. He can send you several pictures of the prop in development. He's currently painting and assembling some components with only a few pieces left to pick up from the machine shop, so these should ship within 2-3 weeks.

Matt
msisaac is offline   Reply With Quote