Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 03:58 PM   #41
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Sonya WIP PF Sneaks. There are two other pics on their FB page.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #42
Ex-Parrot
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Well that's...disappointing.

Sonya is my fave MK character, always has been ever since MK1, so I expected to buy both Syco releases of her, but honestly I don't like the look of that much at all.

I get what they are going for, of course, but personally I don't much like the pose, and I really don't like the face sculpt.

Oh well. Hopefully the other Sonya piece will be more to my liking.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #43
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Parrot View Post

Sonya is my fave MK character, always has been ever since MK1, so I expected to buy both Syco releases of her, but honestly I don't like the look of that much at all.

I get what they are going for, of course, but personally I don't much like the pose, and I really don't like the face sculpt.

huh?....looks pretty dam good to me.

Chris
Old 02-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #44
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Very iconic pose w/ a different twist, I like what I am seeing so far.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #45
Ex-Parrot
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

It's great that you guys are happy, I don't begrudge any fans liking whatever they may like, regardless of how I personally feel about something, I'm just disappointed and underwhelmed, and I had been so looking forward to seeing this piece revealed too.

As I said, don't like the face sculpt at all, doesn't carry any of Sonya's attitude for me, nor is it very attractive either, plus I hate the 'duck lips' (yes, I know ducks don't have lips).

Like I said, I get what they are going for here - Sonya's Kiss move, which I don't recall being able to do while crouched (I only recall the classic leaning forward version) - but personally I just don't think it works particularly well as a dynamic pose for a statue. But again, to each their own and all that.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:32 PM   #46
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
It's great that you guys are happy, I don't begrudge any fans liking whatever they may like, regardless of how I personally feel about something, I'm just disappointed and underwhelmed, and I had been so looking forward to seeing this piece revealed too.

As I said, don't like the face sculpt at all, doesn't carry any of Sonya's attitude for me, nor is it very attractive either, plus I hate the 'duck lips' (yes, I know ducks don't have lips).

Like I said, I get what they are going for here - Sonya's Kiss move, which I don't recall being able to do while crouched (I only recall the classic leaning forward version) - but personally I just don't think it works particularly well as a dynamic pose for a statue. But again, to each their own and all that.
I never could understand how people can judge the final sculpt of something when they see a unfinshed statue? Go figure! Like I do with all statues, I will wait until I see the final painted prototype paintmaster to judge.

However, I do like what I see. I think I would prefer to see her standing up blowing the kiss. Also, I do believe this is a mixed media statue. This thing is in such an early stage (hasn't even been approved yet), so how can anyone pass judgement already?

Don't get me wrong, I can understand feeling towards the crouching pose, but the face? Really?
Old 02-10-2012, 05:36 PM   #47
Vracula
Jedi Order

not bad.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:47 PM   #48
Horhey
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:

Yeah, the crouch is a bit disappointing. I can see why it couldnt be a centerpiece for you. You cant judge the face skulpt yet though. That would be pre-judging.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:48 PM   #49
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Pose and Boobs look great.

That's enough for me
Old 02-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #50
Erihppas
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Mixed feelings here. I think it works beautifully as a statue but I can see how fans of the character may have wanted something a bit different in terms of the pose. Maybe a pose where she looks a bit tougher? I dunno. Once again, it's beautiful sculpting though. Just look at all those curves! lol That last sentence came out sounding like a pun but you know what I mean.
Closed Thread