Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 11-18-2017, 12:58 PM   #131
red_ant
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagero_no_mai View Post
Is the preorder still scheduled for november and will it be a single character preorder?

Have you thought about a 'subsciption' option for those who are in for all the (non variant) releases? It would be something like SFV season pass where you commit to buy the next 6 characters beforehand, and the subsciption could come with a sub-exclusive item (eg a very obscure fighter too risky to produce standalone) to be released along with the sixth character.
This would also help you gauge the number of core buyers for the line even before the opening of the single preorders.
Yup, definitely have 'subscription' on our mind and trying to figure out how to best do it. Still shooting for November (just waiting to finish the pics). Also we may do Ken and Dee Jay.
red_ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 01:20 PM   #132
kagero_no_mai
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_ant View Post
Yup, definitely have 'subscription' on our mind and trying to figure out how to best do it. Still shooting for November (just waiting to finish the pics). Also we may do Ken and Dee Jay.
Great, looking forward to collecting this line!
kagero_no_mai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 03:39 PM   #133
llama
The Spirit

I'm not a fan of subscriptions or preorders for that matter. I don't like being on the hook for something before it is finalized. I prefer giving you my money when you have something ready to give to me.

I am interested in a lot of the obscure characters, I've seen enough Ryus and Chun Lis to last a life time. If certain characters are locked behind pre payment schemes, it will be a deal breaker for me. I don't care if varients are locked though...
llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 04:20 PM   #134
MaxGoof
Nightwing

Subscription sounds fine to me if it’s close to 50/50 on most popular and lesser known characters. I’m mostly interested in getting characters like Gen, T. Hawk, Yun, Yang, Rolento, Makoto and so forth. I’m -only- willing to buy Ryu, Chun Li, Akuma and such again if we’re getting a good amount of the C-List characters to go with them.
MaxGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 04:56 PM   #135
kagero_no_mai
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I agree with both of you, if obscure characters are not a major and structural part of this, I'm out.
kagero_no_mai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 07:10 PM   #136
red_ant
Producer
Producer

Ryu, Akuma aren’t even sculpted yet. I believe Sakura, Rose, Hugo and Honda may be next. I want to do ALL the dolls too.
Old 11-18-2017, 07:11 PM   #137
red_ant
Producer
Producer

This is our chance to really go deep in a line and if something sells well in 1:8 then we will make it in 1:4.
Old 11-19-2017, 01:36 AM   #138
Adon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagero_no_mai View Post
I agree with both of you, if obscure characters are not a major and structural part of this, I'm out.
Totally Agree.

Deejay, Adon, Fei Long, Cody, Guy, Gen, Thawk, Hugo, these are the ones I would purchase.

I have too many 1/4 scale “Main” characters like Ryu Ken etc. I would not be ordering the main characters in 1/8.
Adon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 01:39 AM   #139
Adon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_ant View Post
Ryu, Akuma aren’t even sculpted yet. I believe Sakura, Rose, Hugo and Honda may be next. I want to do ALL the dolls too.
Sakura, Rose and Hugo are all welcomed. Start with the ones who never got the limelight.
Adon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 11:34 AM   #140
red_ant
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adon View Post
Sakura, Rose and Hugo are all welcomed. Start with the ones who never got the limelight.
Agreed! We will be mixing a matching leaning more on characters that don't get the limelight.