Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-27-2020, 11:24 PM   #111
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
Batman and the others are different because they are (typically) solo characters and are on a whole different tier for popularity. The costume changes are also way more numerous yet relatively minor until you get into Elseworlds.

White costume storm not only appeared in the animated show, but also in the best selling comic of all time. It's not the costume, but it is an obvious one. Especially when Jean, Cyclops, Gambit, Rogue, Psylocke, etc are all in their costumes from the same era.
You’re not reading my post or understanding my gripe. My gripe is not with the Lee suit. It’s ugly as hell, but I know the popularity. And oh wait - I read the comics. Many times. My gripe is that in THE BEST SELLING COMIC OF ALL TIME the suit is NOT WHITE. Sideshow is not making an “animated series” line of XMen. They are making (most of) the XMen in the vein of the comic. Thus, her suit should NOT be white. However, I have no faith Sideshow will care and once again we get the wrong color of the Lee suit for the umpteenth time. How about getting it right for once for collectors?

So I’m sorry, you’re very much incorrect if you believe that suit is white. It’s not. Don’t believe me, look at Emma’s suit. She is always wearing white. No doubt there. It’s not shaded anything like Storm’s in the comics. Not even close.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 11:33 PM   #112
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Here for everybody who doubts me or just doesn’t get how I see what I see. Here are Lee’s White Queen and Storm from the 1992 card deck. Which one of these women is wearing white? Hint: It ain’t Storm.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A3B038B2-5C02-4A1B-9F69-AC1A1A8A786B.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	135597   Click image for larger version

Name:	FE677524-6737-441F-8313-169BA798E415.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	135598  
Old 12-27-2020, 11:44 PM   #113
Peedi
The Secret Six

This is the 1st appearance of the Jim Lee costumes for Storm, Cylcops and Rogue. X-Men Vol. 2 #1.

The colors used on it are white, black and blue. Compared to known uses of those colors, knowledge of shading, highlights and textures, and comparisons to other characters (Iceman, Archangel’s wings, Silver Surfer, etc) what would one say based on this depiction?

Jim Lee created it but didn’t draw it much because Storm wasn’t a regular in his comic. She was in Uncanny on the Gold team. Same month as X-Men #1 came out, UXM #281 released, where Storm appeared monthly for the next several years.

Compared to Emma Frost White Queen’s costume, which is obviously white, it’s built into her position and name to be nothing other than, what would one say about Storm’s costume color?

Those are the original 2 appearances of that costume by the 1st two art teams to depict it. Y’all be the judge.

*just seeing Demona’s post after posting this, but yeah.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 11:49 PM   #114
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I think Storm’s miniseries, drawn and inked by the Dodsons, has the best/clearest depiction of the color her Lee suit.
Old 12-27-2020, 11:50 PM   #115
Storm Lover
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
If anyone owns the XM Mystique, they did some weird magic where the white clothing has silver in it. That would be cool for Storm's suit. It would please both white and silver fans to some degree.
I have the XM Mystique and I totally agree. A mixture of both colors would be nice on Storm, but the majority should still be white.
Storm Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 11:57 PM   #116
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
You’re not reading my post or understanding my gripe. My gripe is not with the Lee suit. It’s ugly as hell, but I know the popularity. And oh wait - I read the comics. Many times. My gripe is that in THE BEST SELLING COMIC OF ALL TIME the suit is NOT WHITE. Sideshow is not making an “animated series” line of XMen. They are making (most of) the XMen in the vein of the comic. Thus, her suit should NOT be white. However, I have no faith Sideshow will care and once again we get the wrong color of the Lee suit for the umpteenth time. How about getting it right for once for collectors?

So I’m sorry, you’re very much incorrect if you believe that suit is white. It’s not. Don’t believe me, look at Emma’s suit. She is always wearing white. No doubt there. It’s not shaded anything like Storm’s in the comics. Not even close.
You're right, it is silver or something, but it was done in such a way that I never once noticed the difference until today.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 12:34 AM   #117
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I mean someone could just ask Jim Lee on Twitter what color Storm’s suit is lol. I’m sure he would solve this pretty quickly.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 01:07 AM   #118
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Scott Williams could answer it to since he knows how to ink based on artist direction. But I guess people need more proof than printed color pages of a comic.

I will never understand how people think it’s white in the comics, but so be it. I know what I see.
Old 12-28-2020, 01:20 AM   #119
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

I agree with you Demona, most of Storm's best moments are when she is wearing the Black costume in the comics.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 01:25 AM   #120
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

It’s definitely silver or some type of metallic. The thick black lines/shapes are supposed to be reflections, just look at the image on post #113 how the handrail is reflecting off her suit. Perhaps at that time colorists had a hard time depicting certain colors in comic books until later when photoshop was used.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote