Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-07-2007, 03:46 PM   #111
Doc Sonic
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan74 View Post
Check out this short scene to see the newly changed Tenth Doctor persuading Rose who he is. You can also see where I got my signature from:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oHdR4PgeEQo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oHdR4PgeEQo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Thanks for posting this. Somehow I missed some of this. I know the regeneration was shown as part of the last episode of the first season but what about the rest where Rose is confused and the Doctor explains? What episode was this in? First of the second season?
Doc Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 03:54 PM   #112
JLM
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Sonic View Post
Thanks for posting this. Somehow I missed some of this. I know the regeneration was shown as part of the last episode of the first season but what about the rest where Rose is confused and the Doctor explains? What episode was this in? First of the second season?
The reason that you missed this is because it was not shown as part of the regular season. There's an annual telethon in November for the UK's Children In Need charity. It's very high profile and attracts a lot of involvement from celebrities. This scene was specially written, recorded and shown as part of Children In Need 2005, hence the website and phone number in the corner of the screen. Everyone involved donated their time for free.

It takes place between the end of season one and start of season two, and explains why they turn up on earth instead of (planet) Barcelona.

It is included on the UK season two DVD release. I don't know if it will make it into the US DVD release, but I would hope so. It's a nice little scene.
JLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 03:54 PM   #113
Underdog07
Hercules

Yeah Jonathon, great clip. I have not yet seen those episodes. Good stuff and I am glad they explained it.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 03:56 PM   #114
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
The reason that you missed this is because it was not shown as part of the regular season. There's an annual telethon in November for the UK's Children In Need charity. It's very high profile and attracts a lot of involvement from celebrities. This scene was specially written, recorded and shown as part of Children In Need 2005, hence the website and phone number in the corner of the screen. Everyone involved donated their time for free.

It takes place between the end of season one and start of season two, and explains why they turn up on earth instead of (planet) Barcelona.

It is included on the UK season two DVD release. I don't know if it will make it into the US DVD release, but I would hope so. It's a nice little scene.
Interesting. Did you donate? What's the charity for (other then needy children)?
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 04:02 PM   #115
JLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
Interesting. Did you donate? What's the charity for (other then needy children)?
Children in Need website - http://www.bbc.co.uk/pudsey/

Children in Need is a massive UK charity. It seems like the whole country gets involved around the time of the telethon from schools, workplaces and people in the street. At work we have a dressing down day and make a donation to come into the office in casual dress.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:06 PM   #116
JLM

Actually, there was another Children In Need Doctor Who episode in 1993. It is utterly, utterly appalling. It involves the Eastenders cast as well. I will post it if I can find it on YouTube if someone wants me to, but it is dire. You have been warned.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:19 PM   #117
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

I actually think I watched that...
JDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 04:39 PM   #118
JLM

The pitch in 1963

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w7Y4gWxiPHo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w7Y4gWxiPHo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Old 01-07-2007, 05:27 PM   #119
Doc Sonic
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Children in Need website - http://www.bbc.co.uk/pudsey/

Children in Need is a massive UK charity. It seems like the whole country gets involved around the time of the telethon from schools, workplaces and people in the street. At work we have a dressing down day and make a donation to come into the office in casual dress.

From your description it sounds very similar to our Jerry Lewis Muscular Dystrophy Telethon we have here during our Labor Day weekend holiday.
Doc Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:47 PM   #120
madjazz
Defender of The Defenders

Quote:
A good question JDH and not one I really have an answer for. I don't have a "favourite Doctor" as I think that all the Doctors had great stories and lame stories. So instead here's my list of each Doctor's favourite story.

First Doctor - The Dalek Invasion of Earth (Daleks in Trafalgar Square!!)
Second Doctor - The Web of Fear (Yeti in the London Underground!!)
Third Doctor - The Daemons (The Doctor faces his most terrifying foe to date - Morris Dancers!!)
Fourth Doctor - The Talons of Weng-Chiang (Victorian London, magicians, a murderous ventriloquist's dummy, giant rats!!)
Fifth Doctor - The Caves of Androzani (Peter Davison's last story, heroically sacrificing another regeneration to save his companion!!)
Sixth Doctor - The Mark of the Rani (Landmines that turn people into pantomime trees!! "Stand still Peri! The tree won't hurt you!")
Seventh Doctor - Remembrance of the Daleks (Ties back to the very first story, and Mr Bronson from Grange Hill is in it - scarier than the Daleks!!)
Eighth Doctor - As he was only in one televised adventure, which wasn't that good, I'll go with "The Burning" which is a novel. It isn't about the Doctor getting a urinary tract infection....
Ninth Doctor - The Empty Child ("Are you my mummy?" )
Tenth Doctor - School Reunion (never mind Sarah Jane Smith and K-9, a great meditation on the nature of the Doctor's relationship with his travelling companions. Plus, the Doctor goes undercover as a science teacher - how cool would it have been to have lessons with Doctor Who?!)
Good list. I'll have to give this some thought.

Favorite Doctors? Pertwee, Tom Baker, Davidson, Troughton. The last two haven't been bad either. Eccelston was too short of a tenure. Tennant is growing on me.
madjazz is offline   Reply With Quote