Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 09-11-2008, 01:59 PM   #1011
Trilogy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Just wanted to drop by & update everyone with some facts about this piece:

- production of the first run (500 pieces) is completed. Pre-orders opened through Cinemaquette this past Tuesday (9/9).

- Retailer #'s from pre-orders brought in a total of 500 pieces (ball park/give or take a few units).

- Orders placed direct through cinemaquette will recieve pririty ststus including white glove inspection as well as customers orders processing & shipping out before dealer orders. Due to the fact that the first fun is so large all orders (CM direct & dealer/retailer) should all process & ship timely.

- The predators dreds are NOT made of polyurethane composite like the rest of the statue. Each individual dred is made of a silicone composite & then individually fastened to the head.

- Those expecting load wait times (& who plan on acting accordingly w/ thier finances) like w/ CM's previous releases should know that this will not be the case this time arround. The first 500 orders will begin processing (w/ customers credit cards being charged) the first week of November (yes, November of THIS year). So be prepared.

Keep in mind that is you want this piece you best to not dilly dally. CM has NEVER had a production run for a piece reach 1,000 units & it probably never will.
(The explanation to this will be explained when I post a small faq this week.) The next run will probably be smaller.

Gotta run. Hope this helps those who are interested in the piece.
Thanks for all the information, Mitch.
Can we assume you work for Cinemaquette? If not, were is all the information derived?

I'm amazed Cinemaquette have 500 units in the first shipment. Looks as if they've been working overtime in preparation to fulfil high demand.

Good to see you've confirmed Cinemaquette do inspect their maquettes prior to shipping, which some of us had been informed in the past.

I look forward to your explaining as to why these products do not reach their full edition size.
I'm guessing this is related to the non-profitable production of these pieces.
Trilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:00 PM   #1012
cap70

Quote:
Just wanted to drop by & update everyone with some facts about this piece:

- production of the first run (500 pieces) is completed. Pre-orders opened through Cinemaquette this past Tuesday (9/9).

- Retailer #'s from pre-orders brought in a total of 500 pieces (ball park/give or take a few units).

- Orders placed direct through cinemaquette will recieve pririty ststus including white glove inspection as well as customers orders processing & shipping out before dealer orders. Due to the fact that the first fun is so large all orders (CM direct & dealer/retailer) should all process & ship timely.

- The predators dreds are NOT made of polyurethane composite like the rest of the statue. Each individual dred is made of a silicone composite & then individually fastened to the head.

- Those expecting load wait times (& who plan on acting accordingly w/ thier finances) like w/ CM's previous releases should know that this will not be the case this time arround. The first 500 orders will begin processing (w/ customers credit cards being charged) the first week of November (yes, November of THIS year). So be prepared.

Keep in mind that is you want this piece you best to not dilly dally. CM has NEVER had a production run for a piece reach 1,000 units & it probably never will.
(The explanation to this will be explained when I post a small faq this week.) The next run will probably be smaller.

Gotta run. Hope this helps those who are interested in the piece.

Thanks for the update Mitch.
Seems like the "rumors" that CM production was bumped for this piece was indeed true.
Gotta thank BruceB for first saying this here, seems like he knew his stuff.
500 units at release date is a lot. Good for everyone that pre ordered it.
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:03 PM   #1013
cap70

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpenK View Post
....... She Knows you Are Dangerous........

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:12 PM   #1014
BigLeagueChu
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
- Orders placed direct through cinemaquette will recieve pririty ststus including white glove inspection.
Hmmm, anyone else having second thoughts on ordering through a dealer instead of direct? Or should this be a non-issue?
BigLeagueChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:15 PM   #1015
DetroitSportsFan
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLeagueChu View Post
Hmmm, anyone else having second thoughts on ordering through a dealer instead of direct? Or should this be a non-issue?
I'm sure all pieces will be inspected the same way before shipping.
DetroitSportsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:29 PM   #1016
thx217
Ultimates

Thanks for the info Mitch!
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:09 PM   #1017
Devo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLeagueChu View Post

Hell no, I was lucky enough to get an advance order through FPI, with discount codes [thanks to forum member El diablo] should work out at £820, about $1400

I'm paying my money and hoping for the best
Devo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:19 PM   #1018
Trilogy

£820?!
Trilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:28 PM   #1019
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Go ANIME!!!!!

Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:30 PM   #1020
vangeta
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Well that was unexpected. Gotta seriously pull some money back. Thank god for 12 months no interest.
vangeta is offline   Reply With Quote