Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

Old 08-04-2009, 10:58 AM   #1
protector2814
Phoenix

Sgt. Rock & Easy Company vs. Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos

Scenario as follows -

The Red Skull has captured a small Pacific Island containing a small village and orphanage. Promising to slaughter all civilians in the event of refusal or holding back, The Red Skull provides both teams with rubber bullets, percussion grenades, etc...any non lethal but effective WW2 type weapons. The two WWII companies have been kidnapped and dropped at opposite ends of the Island. Both teams know that they have to bring it or else. The Skull is shown gently caressing a village infant as the games begin.

Sgt. Rock and his Easy Company - Frank, Sgt. Rock leads a band of 5, battle tested soldiers into the arena (Wildman, Little Sure-Shot, Bulldozer, Farmer Boy & Ice Cream Soldier). All would follow former prize-fighter and steelworker Rock into the jaws of Hell itself. Rock inspires complete confidence and is an expert soldier. All 6 are beyond experienced.

vs.

Sgt. Nick Fury and His Howling Commandos - This war hound, raised on the streets of Hell's Kitchen carried the scrappy, never back down street fighter's code into the Pacific Theater. He and his Howling Commandos were usually given the impossible WW2 missions. They always came back carrying the blood of their enemies stained into their khakis. The Commandos were legendary and inspired fear within the axis. Dum Dum Dugan, Gabe Jones, Junior Juniper, Reb and Dino are along for the mission against Easy.

Both teams are provided with rubber bullets and concussion grenades. The contest is to knock your opponents out cold.

protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:05 AM   #2
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
The Skull is shown gently caressing a village infant as the games begin.
Nice touch, that.

Man, this is a tough fight. Two teams that are nigh unbeatable (at least in the end)? The only difference I can see is that Fury actually is later shown to have the mind of the head of SHIELD, whereas Rock is just the best non-com that ever saw battle. This leads me to believe that Fury would in some way pull out the win.

But seriously, with a set-up like this, is there any reason not to believe that they'll band together and take out the Skull?
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:12 AM   #3
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I'd let him destroy the village and go out for a beer.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:18 AM   #4
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin View Post
I'd let him destroy the village and go out for a beer.

- In a Landmark Two Company Crossover, both Marvel and DC shocked comic readers with an unprecedented move, resulting in the fictionalized deaths of several hundred innocents while the Graphic-Novel's' heroes sat, drinking cold beer as the slaughter unfolded. "I'm just shocked" said Marvel Pioneer, Stan Lee. "I..just don't understand...I mean, what's the point..."
Old 08-04-2009, 11:23 AM   #5
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
- In a Landmark Two Company Crossover, both Marvel and DC shocked comic readers with an unprecedented move, resulting in the fictionalized deaths of several hundred innocents while the Graphic-Novel's' heroes sat, drinking cold beer as the slaughter unfolded. "I'm just shocked" said Marvel Pioneer, Stan Lee. "I..just don't understand...I mean, what's the point..."
Well, it would take the wind out of Red Skull's sails pretty well.

"Wait...you mean you don't care about ze village? Zis is no way to win hearts and minds, Amerikaners!"

Honestly, at that point, I doubt that Skull would even bother razing the village. The only one in slight danger would be the baby, who Skull would probably toss over his shoulder in disgust.

So maybe this move would work...the only way to save the village was to abandon the village!
Old 08-04-2009, 11:27 AM   #6
protector2814
Phoenix

Knowing that they wouldn't actually kill their fellow American soldiers, I could see both teams really pulling out the stops. The eventual team-up would happen later...after the 3-comic fight. It would be one hell of a series.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:15 PM   #7
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Knowing that they wouldn't actually kill their fellow American soldiers, I could see both teams really pulling out the stops. The eventual team-up would happen later...after the 3-comic fight. It would be one hell of a series.
I think we all could totally write this.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:21 PM   #8
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post
I think we all could totally write this.
Yeah, but who would we have win?

My money's on Rock & Easy. Slow and steady wins the race. Fury and the Howlers may have more Pacific Theater experience, but Rock and his boys just never stop inching forward.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:30 PM   #9
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Yeah, but who would win?

My money's on Rock & Easy. Slow and steady wins the race. Fury and the Howlers may have more Pacific Theater experience, but Rock and his boys just never stop inching forward.
Honestly, I always liked Rock & Easy better, in terms of reading. But like I said earlier, I think Fury's a brilliant strategist, as his later service to SHIELD proves. My guess is that he'd figure out a way to look like the Howlers were losing, and badly, and then pull out a win in the end that saves face for both groups of dogfaces.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:23 PM   #10
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post
Honestly, I always liked Rock & Easy better, in terms of reading. But like I said earlier, I think Fury's a brilliant strategist, as his later service to SHIELD proves. My guess is that he'd figure out a way to look like the Howlers were losing, and badly, and then pull out a win in the end that saves face for both groups of dogfaces.
I agree 100% I always liked marvel over DC in most stuff, but the War Comics, Sgt. Rock and GI Combat with the haunted tank were just great reads !
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote