Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 05-06-2019, 09:32 AM   #1
pwimrbarnes
Justice League

Recent Commissions Received

Hi everyone!

Figured I'd make one big post for some of the pieces I've received in the mail recently. I'll start by giving this Sunny Lee Wonder Woman some more love:

As I said before, Sunny was super easy to deal with, quick, and the work speaks for itself. Sunny comes across as someone who wants you to walk away happy from the transaction, and I did. Thanks Sunny!

Up next is a commission of Axl Rose and Slash by Chris Johnson. Chris has done a bunch of TMNT comics for IDW, but I was drawn to his art by checking out his instagram. I love his clean linework, and in this piece, the attention to the background of bullets and roses.

In 2019 I started fresh with all new character choices for artists, so some of these pieces are firsts for me. Here is my first Andy Kaufman, by artist Scott Kowalchuk. I love Scott's art, and his custom lettering on commissions give them an old school look. Here, Scott imagines a poster from the Andy Kaufman/Jerry Lawler wrestling feud:

Up next is my first "Anything from mst3k" commission, by Rebekah Isaacs. I had literally just added this choice to the list before sending, and it was the one she chose. I love this ep of mst3k (The Girl in the Gold Boots) and Rebekah's take is a fun commission.

Chiaroscuro Studios is responsible for the next two. I got in touch for a Denilo Beyruth commission, and Cris Bolson was the contact. So, I figured why not commission Cris as well! I ended up with two great pieces, a Dark Knight Wonder Woman from Danilo, and a Saya (from Deadly Class) by Cris!

Next up is this Animal Man by Aaron Conley. I love Aaron's art, and he was one of the few artist from Felix Comic Art that I didn't have anything from. So when his list opened, I pulled the plug and got my first "80's style" Animal Man!

Finally, my first Kingpin piece, from Ryan Bodenheim. Ryan was great, I only asked for the single character piece, but Ryan used it as a chance to draw some of Kingpin's greatest foes.

Hopefully all of these images loaded correctly! I should have some more commissions coming this week, hopefully another post next Monday! And in case you want to leave some comments and likes on CAF, check out my gallery here:

https://www.comicartfans.com/Gallery...asp?GCat=97332

Thanks for looking!
pwimrbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 09:44 AM   #2
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

great stuff - thanks for sharing!!!

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:10 AM   #3
SONICobra
Batman

all really beautiful, fantastic pieces - congrats! the animal man and kingpin are probably my favorites
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 11:29 AM   #4
Mean Green
Fantomah

Awesome score on that Kingpin piece! And I really like that Saya piece from Cris Bolson. Not familiar with the movie(show?)/character but love the art.
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 12:14 PM   #5
pwimrbarnes
Justice League

Thanks guys! I figure I'll throw out some background on the pieces and artists as I get feedback. Oh, and my current list is as follows:

LoPan
Anything from mst3k
Hitman (Tommy Monaghan)
Kingpin
90’s Iron Man
80’s Animal Man
Dark Knight Wonder Woman
Spider Jerusalem
Doctor Aphra
Saya from Deadly Class
Andy Kaufman
Gozer the Gozerian

Ryan Bodenheim (Kingpin) was really easy to deal with on twitter, it took him a bit to ship, but his rate's not bad (300.00) for the work produced.

I like the Aaron Conley Animal Man a lot as well. When I give my list, I have it labeled "80's Animal Man" as I love the Grant Morrison era of the book and character. This sketch is a lot of fun, and Felix is always great to deal with.

The Saya piece might be my personal favorite from this bunch, Cris had sent a few prelims from me to choose from (which were awesome) but said he wasn't happy with how the one I chose was looking so he threw a prelim for this together real quick and I couldn't say no to Saya on a motorcycle.

And Mean Green, I haven't caught the show, but I really dig the comic. Probably my favorite book to come out of this era of Image.
pwimrbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 12:23 PM   #6
Augen
Metal Men

Servo and Crow made me laugh, good stuff all around.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 05:15 PM   #7
punisher129
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Great pieces. i really like the GNR!
punisher129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 06:23 PM   #8
statman
Baron Zemo

some really nice pick-ups! Love the GnR, Kingpin and Saya pieces.

I see that Ryan currently is offering 11x17 single character commissions for $250.00 on Twitter...

https://twitter.com/RyanBodenheim/st...56917552889862

I sent him a message, so hopefully I'll be posting a new piece sometime soon.
statman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 02:36 PM   #9
whd
Suicide Squad

One great piece after another! Congrats!
whd is offline   Reply With Quote