Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

» Spotlight
DGK Damtoys Carnotarus Bust DGK Damtoys Allosaurus Red Bust DGK Damtoys Styracosaurus Green Bust Current Interview:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2019, 01:41 AM   #91
M United
A day without sunshine is like... night.
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_paulik87 View Post
Wow! Tracking said the 29th and they showed up today. I only unrolled about 4 inches and it looked amazing. I gotta store them so I didn't unroll them. I'm stoked though. Didn't want to risk damaging anything by unrolling and trying to roll back up and put in the tube. Would love to store them flat though if anyone has any suggestions for me.
Top loader is the way to go. Here is a company who has heaps of sizes just have to see which ones fits the best.

https://www.bcwsupplies.com/type/toploader/large
M United is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 08:36 AM   #92
eternalblue02
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.
 
eternalblue02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Clinton CT
Posts: 731
Thank you for that link. Very helpful.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 08:52 AM   #93
HowToLitho101
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_paulik87 View Post
Wow! Tracking said the 29th and they showed up today. I only unrolled about 4 inches and it looked amazing. I gotta store them so I didn't unroll them. I'm stoked though. Didn't want to risk damaging anything by unrolling and trying to roll back up and put in the tube. Would love to store them flat though if anyone has any suggestions for me.
What I do, cuz I have a ton of poster and prints that I have to store. I went and got 2 pieces of acid free foam board (what you use to frame stuff) and got them cut pretty big from hobby lobby. I put all of my posters in there and seperate them with acid free like tissue paper. Then I just put some clips on the sides and put the foam board vertically in my closet for storage. 2 giant pieces of foam board cost me like 18 dollars and I have like 20+ posters stored in there.
HowToLitho101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 04:05 PM   #94
CookBeck
Frackin!
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowToLitho101 View Post
What I do, cuz I have a ton of poster and prints that I have to store. I went and got 2 pieces of acid free foam board (what you use to frame stuff) and got them cut pretty big from hobby lobby. I put all of my posters in there and seperate them with acid free like tissue paper. Then I just put some clips on the sides and put the foam board vertically in my closet for storage. 2 giant pieces of foam board cost me like 18 dollars and I have like 20+ posters stored in there.
This is actually how we pack unframed prints for exhibitions as well. We do try to keep it horizontal as much as possible of course, but if you're sure there's no shifting you can go vertical as well.
CookBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 12:25 AM   #95
M United
A day without sunshine is like... night.
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 219
The larger art prints are roughly 22x48 inches? I don't think any toploader can fit this the largest they have is 32x43.
M United is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 10:06 PM   #96
s_paulik87
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
s_paulik87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,645
I did get some acid free foam board from hobby lobby, they only had like tissue paper you use for stuffing bags that contain birthday presents though. It doesn't specifically say acid free on it anywhere, just "high quality tissue wrap". Would this be okay to use ?
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 10:32 PM   #97
Luminous
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
 
Luminous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 11,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_paulik87 View Post
I did get some acid free foam board from hobby lobby, they only had like tissue paper you use for stuffing bags that contain birthday presents though. It doesn't specifically say acid free on it anywhere, just "high quality tissue wrap". Would this be okay to use ?
I use glassine paper in between prints. I've even put it between posters and the backing of cheap frames. They are acid free, come in relatively large dimensions and much more durable than tissue paper. I purchase mine from a local art store called Sam Flax. Not sure if Hobby Lobby or Michael's carries it or not.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 07:42 PM   #98
M United
A day without sunshine is like... night.
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 219
My print is scheduled for delivery today.
M United is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 08:16 AM   #99
gamegod2x
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change
 
gamegod2x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 806
Post photos or videos
gamegod2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 12:55 PM   #100
Blacksunn
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.
 
Blacksunn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,222
Received 2 of the 5 ordered. Took one into Michaels as they have a 70% off framing sale that ends today...

Hoping the other 3 show up soon as I got a quote which is good for 9 days based off the dims...
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:43 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com