Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 06-17-2018, 01:42 AM   #301
goto
Mephisto

Good luck.
I get my bust on august from my local dealer in europe.
Please make some nice pics for us.
goto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 03:13 PM   #302
ALIEN
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Ahhh screw it.... Ordered!

I still maintain that this thing is too expensive, but It's just beautiful. Plus how can I carry on claiming to be a huge Giger's Alien fan if I don't own this...
I went the other way Python and ordered the 1/3 scale Maquette, no way i could afford both pieces but i did treat myself to the HCG Chestburtster for pre-order.

It's just endless, the Prime1 Giger Maquette and the Mamegyorai 1/3 Big Chap, arghhhh!
ALIEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 06:00 PM   #303
AlwaysAlien
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALIEN View Post
I went the other way Python and ordered the 1/3 scale Maquette, no way i could afford both pieces but i did treat myself to the HCG Chestburtster for pre-order.

It's just endless, the Prime1 Giger Maquette and the Mamegyorai 1/3 Big Chap, arghhhh!
I am so torn on the museum piece. Its awesome and I will probably kick myself in years to come for not ordering one but I can't justify it now I have a perfect Sideshow Big Chap Maquette. Waiting for the P1 version but doubtful I will like it as much as the Sideshow one.

Also annoyingly I have the P1 dog on Pre-Order which is in 1/3 scale so I sort of want one of each (at least 1-3) in the same scale . ITS ALL SO DAMN EXPENSIVE!

I have to say that although I 'quite' like the 1:1 head I don't think it's one I will be too bothered about not ordering and I'm definitely not blown away by the latest XM piece (I don't really like it).
AlwaysAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 01:21 AM   #304
Masa_yodamorph
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I dislike the XM Alien piece. It is in its early stages but the design and most of all the stepping on the other alien is terrible imo. Im surprised because Narin does such fantastic Predator pieces.
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 01:00 PM   #305
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALIEN View Post

I was very torn between this and the maquette also, I kind of prefer full body statues in many ways. But I'm hoping now that I'll actually be able to stretch to getting the CP 1:3 maquette as well as this, It will likely depend how impressed I am with this when it arrives soon. I'm also waiting to see what Prime 1 can do, they worked wonders with the Dog, it is possible that I may prefer their maquette as beautiful and accurate as the CP version is. We'll see.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 02:38 PM   #306
Python
Omega Red

Well Fed ex are quick, mine just arrived earlier than expected.

First impressions..... This thing is beautiful! Seriously beautiful. The big chap has long been my favorite character, and this thing has captured that eerie, beautiful, Alien creature in all of it's glory.

Second impressions upon lifting it out of the box. This doesn't feel like a super high quality product if I'm honest, it feels quite light and plasticy in places, but not even close to being as bad as some recent Sideshow items such as the Wolf LSB. It's passable, but I think I just expected a bit more for $1700 + $125 shipping and 20% duty. Still, It is acceptable and it wouldn't be an issue once it's up on display.

Third impressions.... Bugger! It has a huge cluster of scratches on the side of the dome. It also has a fair amount of peeling black paint towards the rear. Speaking of paint, it isn't anything to shout about at all. It's just a flat black with very sparse brown highlights. That said, it doesn't look bad at all, it just comes back to that huge price tag which inevitably raises expectations.

Ultimately, despite the huge cost, I'm going to get onto Sideshow and see if they can replace this one rather than returning it. Also, we're always harder on these things when they first arrive. I'll save my full thoughts and review etc until I've had it a few days, or until my shiny undamaged new one hopefully arrives. I suspect I'll go from slightly underwhelmed, to adoring it as a little time passes....
Old 06-20-2018, 04:17 PM   #307
Manu81
The Spirit

Hi Python!! Sorry to read that you found some problems with scratches and paintjob....Really hope mine will be ok!! Actualy I should receive it in 2 months....
Manu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 07:32 PM   #308
AlwaysAlien
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Well Fed ex are quick, mine just arrived earlier than expected.

First impressions..... This thing is beautiful! Seriously beautiful. The big chap has long been my favorite character, and this thing has captured that eerie, beautiful, Alien creature in all of it's glory.

Second impressions upon lifting it out of the box. This doesn't feel like a super high quality product if I'm honest, it feels quite light and plasticy in places, but not even close to being as bad as some recent Sideshow items such as the Wolf LSB. It's passable, but I think I just expected a bit more for $1700 + $125 shipping and 20% duty. Still, It is acceptable and it wouldn't be an issue once it's up on display.

Third impressions.... Bugger! It has a huge cluster of scratches on the side of the dome. It also has a fair amount of peeling black paint towards the rear. Speaking of paint, it isn't anything to shout about at all. It's just a flat black with very sparse brown highlights. That said, it doesn't look bad at all, it just comes back to that huge price tag which inevitably raises expectations.

Ultimately, despite the huge cost, I'm going to get onto Sideshow and see if they can replace this one rather than returning it. Also, we're always harder on these things when they first arrive. I'll save my full thoughts and review etc until I've had it a few days, or until my shiny undamaged new one hopefully arrives. I suspect I'll go from slightly underwhelmed, to adoring it as a little time passes....
Damn! Yeah definitely not impressive for that rather large price tag! The issues seemingly mounted up the more you examined it and that really sucks! It definitely makes me even more hesitant to order the Museum Maquette if this is the quality we can expect. For that sort of money I wouldn't want ANY plasticy feel or bad paint application. So I think I will be passing on both of these pieces and wait to see what Prime 1 can deliver.

Also I agree with Manu81, I am not impressed with the XM piece, it looks... 'cool' but the more I look at it there is too much I really don't like. One forum member pointed out that the stepping on the head of another was akin to the Alien Resurrection scene which I disagree with as that was a planned thing and not seemingly random as in the pose in this piece. Additionally another member (Grumpy I think) said the hands were accurate to Giger's Alien but this also isn't true as the XM has 4 fingers and Giger's has 6 so although its NOT supposed to be a replica it just doesn't do it for me on any level.

Roll on Prime 1's pieces. Let's just hope they live up to the Dog!
AlwaysAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 09:40 AM   #309
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu81 View Post
Hi Python!! Sorry to read that you found some problems with scratches and paintjob....Really hope mine will be ok!! Actualy I should receive it in 2 months....

I wouldn't worry mate, if you get an undamaged version, which I'm sure you will, I think you'll be very happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysAlien View Post
Damn! Yeah definitely not impressive for that rather large price tag! The issues seemingly mounted up the more you examined it and that really sucks! It definitely makes me even more hesitant to order the Museum Maquette if this is the quality we can expect. For that sort of money I wouldn't want ANY plasticy feel or bad paint application. So I think I will be passing on both of these pieces and wait to see what Prime 1 can deliver.

Also I agree with Manu81, I am not impressed with the XM piece, it looks... 'cool' but the more I look at it there is too much I really don't like. One forum member pointed out that the stepping on the head of another was akin to the Alien Resurrection scene which I disagree with as that was a planned thing and not seemingly random as in the pose in this piece. Additionally another member (Grumpy I think) said the hands were accurate to Giger's Alien but this also isn't true as the XM has 4 fingers and Giger's has 6 so although its NOT supposed to be a replica it just doesn't do it for me on any level.

Roll on Prime 1's pieces. Let's just hope they live up to the Dog!

I wouldn't say they mounted up, it's only the damage that was the real downer, and I didn't see that at first as it was on the side facing downwards while it was boxed. I also noticed since posting that the chrome has come off of one of the teeth. I think the price just set my expectations too high. And plasticy may have been the wrong choice of word, obviously the dome is plastic. I think the rest is likely fiberglass which is fine by me. It just means it feels quite light and extremely hollow. The damage is my only real issue. Although having seen it in hand, I have not changed my opinion that this is heavily overpriced. I imagine much of the RRP went towards said license rather than fancy production methods. But sadly, paying through the nose is the only way we'll get the ultimate Gigers Alien replicas, and this is the ultimate one for now. Despite not overwhelmingly blowing me away, I will be asking for a replacement, and if P1 don't come through on the maquette, I will still order the CP version. But yeah, these things are so expensive, if you aren't totally in love with them, put your hand earned money somewhere else for sure....
Old 06-21-2018, 03:14 PM   #310
Masa_yodamorph
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Congrats Python! Hopefully, you get that replaced ASAP!
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote