Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-14-2018, 12:45 PM   #241
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

Don't get me wrong I think this statue is fine. It just doesn't stand out next to the other characters like I thought the Master of the Underworld should.
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 07:31 PM   #242
Indridcold99
The Avengers

I think Demithyle and the Demithyle 2.0 isn’t more appealing

Yet I have not seen it in person
Indridcold99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 08:09 PM   #243
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Apart from how the cape attaches Death is very much on par with his fellow Court pieces.

Details are great, mixed media is very well done especially the skirt pieces. He has a presence amongst the other 1/4 pieces, he stands tall above them as a guide...

A lot of people comparing to Demithyle which is understandable because of the pointing pose and both being hooded figures but really that's where the similarities end.

Death has a very different feel, he's slimmer, more elegant, almost frail which is totally as i see him from the lore, quiet and wise.

He's not a fighter or General like Demithyle who is big, brash, a large imposing figure......but then of course he was originally 1/3, although of course this is his normal size in the court...so technically 1/4 now.

Just my thoughts....
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 08:24 PM   #244
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Also those that don't like the parts that cover his arms, the skirt...the overall costume, it's been that way since he was first shown off at SDCC14....you should have known what he was going to be like lol.

And honestly Death has so many costumes, so many forms/looks in the Chronicle and the comics and i expect Sideshow will revisit him again, so those who still want a Death in their court but don't like this one....just hold on for a few more years
Old 08-14-2018, 08:40 PM   #245
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Also those that don't like the parts that cover his arms, the skirt...the overall costume, it's been that way since he was first shown off at SDCC14....you should have known what he was going to be like lol.

And honestly Death has so many costumes, so many forms/looks in the Chronicle and the comics and i expect Sideshow will revisit him again, so those who still want a Death in their court but don't like this one....just hold on for a few more years
The CoTD line seems to have been unusually quiet lately on the 1/4 end.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 02:53 AM   #246
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
The CoTD line seems to have been unusually quiet lately on the 1/4 end.
I'm not super surprised because they had such a huge showing at SDCC last year but what does surprise me is that Odium, Poxxil, Faithbearer Shard and Relic Ravlatch haven't gone up for order since and that Shieve may not even see the light of day....hopefully we'll hear something but the end of the year though....
Old 08-15-2018, 08:52 AM   #247
jmsmith3388
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I'm not super surprised because they had such a huge showing at SDCC last year but what does surprise me is that Odium, Poxxil, Faithbearer Shard and Relic Ravlatch haven't gone up for order since and that Shieve may not even see the light of day....hopefully we'll hear something but the end of the year though....
Very surprised Odium hasn't been put up for pre-order. I was really excited about that piece when they had it on their live show and then no word about it..
jmsmith3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:15 AM   #248
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Odium, Poxxil and Ravlatch I think should be up for PO by end of the year or early next (cant remember which thread I saw SS comment on that). I think that Faithbearer shard they took back to the drawing board.

I'm excited to see what death will look like with the mask sets. I think the detail in the new masks will really help make him pop.

Edit: here is the post from SS Alex (no mention of new shard, so i could be totally wrong about them going back to the drawing board for her, but i dont think she was on display at SDCC)

Originally Posted by Rancorkill View Post
Hi Alex

We saw quite a few new Court of the Dead at last year's SDCC. Where's Poxxil, Odium, Ravlatch, Shieve? Are any of these releasing soon? Will there be new COTD PFs at SDCC this year?

Thanks!!
Odium, Poxxil, and Ravlatch are Pre-Ordering in the future for sure. At least 1 or 2 before the year is over. Shieve had sadly been placed on hold again and may not be released as an actual product.

There are no new PFs to unveil at SDCC this year.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 12:00 PM   #249
Valderen
The Spirit

It was disappointing that they didn't reveal any new CotD at this year SDCC, although they still had a few from last year that were not released.

Faithbarer Shard and Ravlatch are pretty much buy for me since I like both and nothing indicates that they will be too expensive.

Poxxil and Shieve are great and I like them, but they also fall into the "might be a little to weird". Haven't 100% decided.

Odium I absolutely adore, but he's a maquette and pretty big, so I'm afraid he'll be price too expensive for me, but if not he's a definite buy.

I really hope at some point that they explore Angelic and Demonic characters. The 2 heads with the next Kier really make me want to see what they would do with those.
Valderen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 02:04 PM   #250
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valderen View Post
It was disappointing that they didn't reveal any new CotD at this year SDCC, although they still had a few from last year that were not released.

Faithbarer Shard and Ravlatch are pretty much buy for me since I like both and nothing indicates that they will be too expensive.

Poxxil and Shieve are great and I like them, but they also fall into the "might be a little to weird". Haven't 100% decided.

Odium I absolutely adore, but he's a maquette and pretty big, so I'm afraid he'll be price too expensive for me, but if not he's a definite buy.

I really hope at some point that they explore Angelic and Demonic characters. The 2 heads with the next Kier really make me want to see what they would do with those.
I think Odium will be made out of fiberglass if I remember correctly.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote