Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prototypez

Old 05-02-2013, 03:14 PM   #1
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

What other Licenses would you want PrototypeZ to tackle?

Hi guys,
Please name any licenses you'd like to see us get and tell us why .
Thanks!!!
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:19 PM   #2
aka_fidel
Kindly Asked To Leave

Why don't we see some more kits from the license you guys currently hold before allocating additional time into trying to acquire new stuff.
aka_fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:20 PM   #3
Luminous
Cyclops

Metal Gear Solid! Ummm, cuz it's awesome? Duhr.

In all seriousness though, I think it would be a great license to pick up since there are no good statues available for the MGS franchise. It has a huge fan base, and they are all willing to drop a lot of cash for MGS merchandise and collectibles. I see fans buying articulated figures that are often times priced above the going rate of a statue. These characters need statues that are worthy of their name.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:25 PM   #4
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_fidel View Post
Why don't we see some more kits from the license you guys currently hold before allocating additional time into trying to acquire new stuff.
We will have a lot of more stuff.
We are working on it
This is just a way for us to get feedback you are free not to.
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #5
Luminous
Cyclops

Updated my first post with a better reason than "it's awesome".
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #6
dark_spidey
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Dragon Ball Z!!!
dark_spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #7
Kadmos777
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Metal Gear Solid! Ummm, cuz it's awesome? Duhr.

In all seriousness though, I think it would be a great license to pick up since there are no good statues available for the MGS franchise. It has a huge fan base, and they are all willing to drop a lot of cash for MGS merchandise and collectibles. I see fans buying articulated figures that are often times priced above the going rate of a statue. These characters need statues that are worthy of their name.
+2...MGS!
Kadmos777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #8
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Naruto

Cause they dont do any characters except the guys, they need to do more of the females. Plus its a popular line thats not out there easily to get.

World of Warcraft

Now many items out there from this online game, and lots of choices can be made and prob would sell. For instance people play a Undead Mage, but some play a undead warlock. If you could design a build to order type of system where I'm a udead mage i can buy the basic undead mage and then the items for the mage.

So basically Undead female is one pose, undead male is one pose, then you purchase the robe/staff etc.. that goes with the class you want.

I know crazy idea, but possible.

Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver Video games.

Plenty of other games out there that could use the kit treatment.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #9
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKULPTOR View Post
Hi guys,
Please name any licenses you'd like to see us get and tell us why .
Thanks!!!
Here's the thread I started about other Capcom characters I'm interested in:

http://statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=135340

I really would like to see you try Bionic Commando (NES) and Strider Hiryu statues. That Spider-Man statue is so impressive that I know these two will be good as well given the whole swinging and in the air themes.

Other than Capcom? I have a list, I'm going to start commissioning one day...Here are a few old school videogame characters on the top of that list with the exception of Shanoa. Unless you are trying for other licenses like superheroes, movies, etc.

1. Yuko (Valis Series)

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/valis/valis.htm

2. Blaze Fielding (Streets of Rage)

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/str...eetsofrage.htm

3. Annet (El Viento)

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/ear...rnestevans.htm

4. Shanoa (Castlevania Order of Ecclesia)
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #10
dao2
Cyclops

Skies of Arcadia for a lot of reasons.

It is in my personal opinion the best game ever, obviously this is conflicting with a lot of other "best game evar!", but still it is an often respected classic JRPG that didn't get as much love as it should have.

Beyond the merits of the game the characters themselves are numerous, colorful, and very varied. Also do the fact that it was originally a dreamcast game (albeit with AMAZING texture work and art direction) the graphic quality was limited which allows a lot of leeway into turning them into statues. The concept and art sketches themselves varied quite a bit. For example it seems that clear resin has been used in your SF statues and it would be a perfect fit for SoA, not only for "effects" but also because all the weapons had translucent areas that were made to be the interchangeable moon stone elements.

It's an older property but I think that has both advantages and disadvantages. Older games getting the merchandise treatment is a real rarity and SoA is not one of those lucky few so there is absolutely no competing statues or figures for the SoA franchise. However even though it is older it's not dead, SoA characters have been popular enough to pop up in some more recent games with Vyse in Sega All Stars as well has having the main trio (Vyse, Aika, and Fina) in the Valkyria Chronicles game and Vyse shown briefly in the anime.

And while the number of people interested in them likely isn't as huge since protoz does more high quality small run work I think both niches work together quite well. Due to this I think the license will be easier/cheaper to acquire and handle/use.

I'm not going to lie, there's a pretty fair chance it wouldn't be profitable and the fact that I haven't even seen a garage kit is probably not a great sign. However as I said due to the limited and high quality nature I feel that it might be able to appeal properly and I just hope that it gets a fair shake.

Also just sayin I would buy all of them, and a lot of them :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote