Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 09-14-2011, 02:39 AM   #21
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
But if the item is returned - does the seller have to pay those fees?
No. If an item is returned then the buyer provides proof of this to customs and they cancel/refund the charge.
Dan_Lebou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:51 AM   #22
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

The buyer should have know about import fees. He hasn't a leg to stand on.

With regards shipping international it should not be an issue however shipping costs can be a killer. I'm sure there are just as many bad buyers in the US as there are internationally so don't let this experience put you off.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:08 AM   #23
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

One time I sold to someone in Canada then I got a bill from UPS saying that I owed them $20. Somehow the person reversed the charge (import fee) back to me. I told UPS I wasn't paying for it, and I never heard a thing from them again.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:00 AM   #24
cblakey1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
Don't sell internationally, it's not worth the hassle.
Amen.
cblakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:11 AM   #25
Darth Pain
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
Don't sell internationally, it's not worth the hassle.
Especially Spain & Italy I refuse to sell to ebay members from those countries.

I'd say call ebay and let them know what is going on. He can't return an item that is as described unless you have stated so in your policy.
All import taxes are the buyers responsibility.
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:12 AM   #26
modus
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

I've shipped internationally 10 times for EBay and three of them went bad. It's just not worth the hassle.
modus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:43 PM   #27
tripletn@mac.co
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Remember there are no stupid questions, just stupid people, so forgive me if this question has an easy answer but.............

If his relatives ship to him in Spain from Vegas doesn't either he or they have to pay this import fee? How can he be unaware of it?

This is of course a seperate issue from whether or not it should be your problem or not in any event (it shouldn't be).
I don't know what's true with this guy. Now he wrote me again:

"Please could you send me a copy of the shipping payment? I have no idea why they are asking for another $35 when the usual Tax is a ten percent of the real price. I feel like an idiot, please help me, dude. Thank you."

So now he apparently was aware of an import tax. I've shipped all over the world, and never had a problem once. This won't discourage me from dealing internationally again, but it's getting to a point where I have to explain to this guy, or "Dude", what the reality of the situation is, and that he's crying over $35 that doesn't even involve me.
tripletn@mac.co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:37 PM   #28
tripletn@mac.co
Shadowhawk

Just to follow through, I just sent the guy a response that I hope was firm, but didn't warrant me a negative feedback:

"Jorge,

Are you asking me to scan and send you the customs form? I would need your email address so that once I took the picture and uploaded it to my computer, would be able to send it to you. The statue sold for $55, the shipping cost $35.80, the insurance cost $3.40, and the statue was insured for $88 which covers the cost plus shipping. The statue usually sells for between $175- $250 on the collector's market. Ebay policy is that the buyer pays for shipping, which I did offer a discount on to help you out, and the buyer also covers any import taxes. It's also stated that once the item arrives as described the transaction is complete. I'm only stating the policies here. Besides, even if it was an option eBay had, the cost of shipping back to the United States is covered by the buyer, and would be more expensive than if you'd have just paid your country's import tax. Also, the seller would not pay the reversed import tax on a return, he would simply have to present the shipping company with proof of a return. I'm not trying to be a jerk here, I want to find a way to make this work, but it is an international transaction, and that usually involves higher shipping and also some import tax (which doesn't involve the seller). I want to be of more help, but i'm not really sure what it is you are expecting of me. Like I said, I do want to help. Let me know what you want.

Best regards,
Tom"

I mean it's $35!! Pay it and move on already.
tripletn@mac.co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:52 PM   #29
El Pulento
The InJustice League

Sell internationally just don't sell to A-holes... This Duch.. pardon my french should know that you pay taxes... I have bought over 200 items from E-bay US, I know the rules..
El Pulento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:01 PM   #30
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripletn@mac.co View Post
Just to follow through, I just sent the guy a response that I hope was firm, but didn't warrant me a negative feedback:

"Jorge,

Are you asking me to scan and send you the customs form? I would need your email address so that once I took the picture and uploaded it to my computer, would be able to send it to you. The statue sold for $55, the shipping cost $35.80, the insurance cost $3.40, and the statue was insured for $88 which covers the cost plus shipping. The statue usually sells for between $175- $250 on the collector's market. Ebay policy is that the buyer pays for shipping, which I did offer a discount on to help you out, and the buyer also covers any import taxes. It's also stated that once the item arrives as described the transaction is complete. I'm only stating the policies here. Besides, even if it was an option eBay had, the cost of shipping back to the United States is covered by the buyer, and would be more expensive than if you'd have just paid your country's import tax. Also, the seller would not pay the reversed import tax on a return, he would simply have to present the shipping company with proof of a return. I'm not trying to be a jerk here, I want to find a way to make this work, but it is an international transaction, and that usually involves higher shipping and also some import tax (which doesn't involve the seller). I want to be of more help, but i'm not really sure what it is you are expecting of me. Like I said, I do want to help. Let me know what you want.

Best regards,
Tom"

I mean it's $35!! Pay it and move on already.
This is you being firm? I think the a-hole inside you needs to slap the firm around! I think you were way too nice at this point!
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote