Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 03-22-2018, 04:59 PM   #181
Cotasnoova
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkalogik View Post
Arahom explained this in the last video. I made the molds and everything but ARH did not have the funding to pay for the resin to have them made up. All the funding that came in went to sending out boxed back orders that needed shipped.

Long story short....In China they use polyester cold cast resin which is super cheap but also very toxic to work with. That is why the statues are soooo heavy and why they break so easy.

In the US there are so many regulations on those materials to the point that no one in uses it. We have to buy polyurethane resin which is much more expensive but also superior in strength. These cats and the base are so big that hit takes a lot of resin even when we rotocast. In the video he explains that depending on funding he may have more made in China and send everyone that ordered them brand new full statues and allow them to keep the old ones as well. It may be cheaper to do that in China than it would be to just make the cats and bases in the US.
Robbing Peter to pay Paul.
Cotasnoova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:42 PM   #182
Arkalogik
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotasnoova View Post
Robbing Peter to pay Paul.
It's definitely not the best situation but at least he's being honest with how it all went down. I wish I had a better answer for you guys. All this stuff happened before I ever worked with ARH.
Arkalogik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 06:06 PM   #183
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I appreciate the honesty. And also the effort to make it right, even if delayed to a point of unacceptability for most. It is always better for the customer to at least know what's going on, even if it's less than great news.

It can't be easy to go out in front of everybody and lay your business struggles bare, for you or Arahom. I appreciate it. I don't know how many back orders or Huntress w Cats are still outstanding, but I know that old orders are going out and progress is being made.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 06:42 PM   #184
Arkalogik
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I appreciate the honesty. And also the effort to make it right, even if delayed to a point of unacceptability for most. It is always better for the customer to at least know what's going on, even if it's less than great news.

It can't be easy to go out in front of everybody and lay your business struggles bare, for you or Arahom. I appreciate it. I don't know how many back orders or Huntress w Cats are still outstanding, but I know that old orders are going out and progress is being made.
Thanks for that, and progress is being made for sure. It is slower than we want but we can only work with what we've got. The more orders that come in on these AP statues the faster we get caught up! We have 5 statues now being made in China and once they are released we should be back on our feet!
Old 03-22-2018, 09:45 PM   #185
pdenham
Teen Titans

Unless they arrive to our shores damaged or otherwise needing attention.

Then he's back behind the 8 ball.

I traded a few emails with Arahom last summer, and I do believe he is sincere in wanting to deliver our long delayed product with a standard that is up to the best of his abilities.

He was also contrite, which I appreciated especially after seeing some of his earlier..er...passionate statements/updates/explanations.

I don't want to see Abraham ruined. He is working hard just to get back to zero after some unfortunate setbacks. I hope he does.

If anything the experience has been instructive for me.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:10 PM   #186
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Thanks for that, and progress is being made for sure. It is slower than we want but we can only work with what we've got. The more orders that come in on these AP statues the faster we get caught up! We have 5 statues now being made in China and once they are released we should be back on our feet!

Is one of them Hades? I know three of them are Arhrian Pirate, Cleopatra and Arkhalla fight.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:34 PM   #187
Arkalogik
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Is one of them Hades? I know three of them are Arhrian Pirate, Cleopatra and Arkhalla fight.
No not yet. I know Arahom really wants to do Hades and has a digital sculpt in progress but I am not sure on the release. I believe the other 2 statues are a new limited blood version of the 1/3 scale Arkhalla seduction and the 1/3 Arhian forever. They are supposed to begin packing statues in June to ship off to the US and get them in your guys hands!
Old 03-22-2018, 11:37 PM   #188
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
No not yet. I know Arahom really wants to do Hades and has a digital sculpt in progress but I am not sure on the release. I believe the other 2 statues are a new limited blood version of the 1/3 scale Arkhalla seduction and the 1/3 Arhian forever. They are supposed to begin packing statues in June to ship off to the US and get them in your guys hands!
Are they already sold out like the website says or will we be able to order them again in June? I know Arahom talked about it in the video, but it confused me a little.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:58 PM   #189
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
At some point Arahom needs to bite the bullet and just refund these unmade pieces. There can’t be that many out there.
They are still costing him labour/time/money now to sculpt, make moulds, cast, finish, paint, etc ... it’d be better to be done with it.
Use new in house products to fund reimbursing these remaining ones and move on to new product. Even if it has to be in instalments.
Think I'll just quote myself here.
Stop trying to deal with problems from years ago ... what happens if they show up damaged from China again?
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 03:44 AM   #190
cosmic
Mephisto

Quote:
Arahom explained this in the last video. I made the molds and everything but ARH did not have the funding to pay for the resin to have them made up. All the funding that came in went to sending out boxed back orders that needed shipped.

Long story short....In China they use polyester cold cast resin which is super cheap but also very toxic to work with. That is why the statues are soooo heavy and why they break so easy.

In the US there are so many regulations on those materials to the point that no one in uses it. We have to buy polyurethane resin which is much more expensive but also superior in strength. These cats and the base are so big that hit takes a lot of resin even when we rotocast. In the video he explains that depending on funding he may have more made in China and send everyone that ordered them brand new full statues and allow them to keep the old ones as well. It may be cheaper to do that in China than it would be to just make the cats and bases in the US.
Seriously, do you understand what you writing here? ARH doesnt have the funds to cast old orders, but then you invest on materials to offer so many new pieces? Common, we all know the resin prices, even from the most expensive ones. Its not so much money to cast and you could always find a balance between announce 5 new pieces or only 2 and use some money to cast old orders.

Also you know that sculpting and producing new pieces always require an investment.
Dont you guys see that this tactic isnt working? I understand what you trying to do with new releases but I dont see that you are able to find the right balance between new releases and delivering.

You can hope for the a miracle to happen and the production in China will solve most of the problems in Summer, but honestly, I dont think you should count on it
cosmic is offline   Reply With Quote