Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 03-10-2014, 03:00 PM   #1
ChromeColossus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Hot Toys Colossus???

I do not come in here very much so I am asking you Hot Toy Pros who have your finger on the pulse of this side of Collecting.

Since Hot Toys is doing DC/Marvel Licenses, has there ever been been a discussion of a Hot Toys Colossus, either based on the X-men Movies or Comics? yes I know it is a self-serving question, do not get me wrong I Highly Admire Hot Toys and the wicked detail but is this solely driven by characters from Movies alone or is there some other formula? or is this a Pipe Dream.

Your input is Welcome

Be Cool
Al
ChromeColossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:42 PM   #2
DRAGONTHEBOMB
I am da law!

No discussion has been made on it. And honestly I doubt it, if they were to make Hot Toys X-men figures they would probably go with Magneto, Xavier or Cyclops maybe even another Wolverine lol
DRAGONTHEBOMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:57 PM   #3
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Depends on if they have the license for X-Men: DOFP. If so, then there is a possibility.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:31 AM   #4
chad mcneely
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Only thing ever shown was what looked like Magneto from the end of first class. was a while back though in bi pic with tons of other thins as yet unreleased
chad mcneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:14 PM   #5
ChromeColossus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

All Good points made my Friends, that said, the only thing I can see is if X-Men Future/Past does very well and Hot Toys may make him, that would be Cool but we shall see how well the movie is received and what part he plays.

Be Cool
Al
ChromeColossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:00 AM   #6
demonhunter
Kingpin

Long long ago, Hot Toys announced they had the license to X3.

But it should be noted that Hot Toys did in the past announced licenses , and even mentioned their R&D team had successfully managed to recreate the costume effects in 1/6 scale, but eventually cancelled the product line.

Case in point: Green Lantern (Ryan Reynolds) figure.

Another one was the video game series: Arkham City Batman. HT already teased with prototypes of the Batman 1/6 weapons photos. They never said it was cancelled like GL. But this product line production has disappeared into a limbo. We don't know if they would press ahead with it or postponed indefinitely.

As for X-Men, HT again did annouce they had the X-Men First Class license. Fans asked if their would be a Christmas Jones White Queen etc.....

But it has been years and there's been no news on this.

If Colossus has minor parts in the upcoming film X-Men: DOFP, I think the chances are slim for a 1/6 HT figure. HT would make more Iron Man armours or more Tony Stark variants (Mechanic, Cowboy, Tuxedo, Racecar uniform....) before there would be a Colossus figure. Simply because Iron Man/Tony Stark sells more than a Colossus.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote