Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 02-06-2014, 05:08 AM   #1
Crazy 88
I am da law!

Ironman 2 whiplash Mark II in die cast

At the climax of Iron Man 2, Ivan Vanko appeared in his new Whiplash Mark II armor and proved to be a formidable foe for both Tony Stark and Colonel James Rhodes. The Whiplash Mark II’s incredible mechanical design has left a strong impression for Iron Man fans and since the appearance of collectible figure’s prototype at various Hot Toys exhibitions, fans have been longing for the official reveal of this amazing armor.

Now we are very excited to present this eagerly awaited 1/6th scale Whiplash Mark II Collectible Figure. It will also be the newest addition to our MMS Diecast Series which the collectible figures are made of diecast material, realistically designed to look more like Whiplash Mark II as he appears in the movie. The MMS Diecast Series will take fans to the next level of authenticity, focusing on the materials, fine details and engineering of the collectible figure.

The movie-accurate collectible is specially crafted based on the image of Mickey Rourke as Whiplash Mark II in the movie featuring a helmeted head sculpt with authentic likeness of Mickey Rourke, an interchangeable helmeted head with LED light-up eyes, a magnetic mask, highly detailed mechanical design, metallic black painted full body armor with distressed effect, interchangeable battle damaged chest armor, pair of whips with real-like flashes and light-up function, and a specially sculpted diorama figure base.

Taken off Hot Toys Facebook page.
Crazy 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:57 AM   #2
chad mcneely
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

He looks good. But 400? Adding the words Die Cast shouldn't make him 100-130 bucks more. Unless i can build up like 100 + bucks in rewards points I am out on this one.
chad mcneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 02:02 AM   #3
gilesw
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I think the price is based partly on the size. He is big. After having seen this bad boy in person months ago, I'd recently started to wonder when he would show up.
gilesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:37 AM   #4
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Simply gorgeous, I can't wait to have this in-hand. HT, is constantly raising the bar
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 12:15 PM   #5
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Did his armor really look like that? Funny how come this one isn't getting much response on this thread.

I think it looks pretty cool. And die cast armor would be awesome! Congratulations, HT fans!
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:19 PM   #6
Crazy 88
I am da law!

In a way, I guess the figure came too late. Interested have probably waned a lot.
Crazy 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:15 AM   #7
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy 88 View Post
In a way, I guess the figure came too late. Interested have probably waned a lot.
I saw this go up on SS' page and I couldn't help but wonder why they'd even bother with another IM2 figure at this stage
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:40 PM   #8
Jerseydevil
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Gorgeous piece with spectacular details. But for my budget, not $400 gorgeous. Kudos to those who choose to pick this up. It's a remarkable piece.
Jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:07 PM   #9
built2shred
Phoenix

defiantly cool looking...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:07 PM   #10
rykerw1701
Justice League

Looks good, but the movie was so mediocre I can't see getting a figure from it. It would only remind me I didn't really like the film, and now I've got a $400 testament to suck.
rykerw1701 is offline   Reply With Quote