Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-29-2017, 08:32 AM   #121
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Guys, these things take time. There isn't news yet, but it is coming.

To put it in perspective, it took almost 2 years for news & reveals on Bloodborne. Other licenses are around the same.

Something like Lord of the Rings is going to take time to perfect. It's only been a couple months since the initial tease.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:43 AM   #122
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvo View Post
That is great news. There's no indication as to when these licences were actually awarded to Prime 1 or why all the secrecy, but at this point I don't really care. I'm just glad Prime 1 is moving forward on these projects.
It's not secrecy it's for good reason as can be evidenced by this thread. Even if they get the license it's possible that for some reason it falls through, and people for some reason feel slighted. Also when you get a license you get people saying OMG WHERE IS IT THEY ANNOUNCED IT SO LONG AGO. Essentially they like doing official announcements when they are closer to have something to show. Hype is better which helps POs, less whining, less questions. Basically there's a ton of reasons why you should wait, but there's not really a lot of good reasons for not waiting :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 03:32 PM   #123
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
It's not secrecy it's for good reason as can be evidenced by this thread. Even if they get the license it's possible that for some reason it falls through, and people for some reason feel slighted. Also when you get a license you get people saying OMG WHERE IS IT THEY ANNOUNCED IT SO LONG AGO. Essentially they like doing official announcements when they are closer to have something to show. Hype is better which helps POs, less whining, less questions. Basically there's a ton of reasons why you should wait, but there's not really a lot of good reasons for not waiting :P
Sorry, but announcing a licence in Nov. then refusing to acknowledge that licence for 4 1/2 months until pressed to do so does sound a bit like secrecy. Not to mention it makes zero sense. And what is the point of an "official announcement" 6-9 months after already making an unofficial announcement? Here's a thought, to avoid slighting or disappointing collectors because of a licence that falls through [ie Prime 1Terminator licence] don't make any announcements at all outside of the official announcement. Problem solved. As for creating hype, the "hype" created some 50 weeks ago when Prime 1 first announced they had an X-men licence was dead and buried until they unofficially confirmed last week that they did still had the licence. Now having people do nothing more than post comments asking whether or not a licence is dead may be your idea of hype, but it isn't mine. Between the nonsense of these unofficial announcements, followed by more unofficial announcement followed by official announcements, followed by 3-6 month delays on most releases, and Prime 1 are fast becoming the hype killers of the collectible world. All the more frustrating since product-wise, they are as good as it gets.
Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 05:19 PM   #124
dao2
Cyclops

They didn't announce anything! Just someone who works with them released the info on a collectors group for hardcore fans just as a nice way to continue sharing information with fans. It's not an official announcement. Specifically he said in that reply *we'll make an official announcement in upcoming months*. Essentially it was an unofficial announcement to a group of fans, it's not even a public group! And yeah they try to capitalize on hype but sometimes when you announce stuff it gets pushed back.

So no announcement made, just some sharing with fans. It's like the difference between Vin Diesel saying that they're on for another Riddick film on the way. I love Riddick and was very happy to hear the news. But this isn't an announcement (usually followed by a teaser) from Universal that another riddick is coming. That won't come for another year or so, it's just Vin conveying the information to his fans which I appreciate but I know I'm not going to hear anything for a long time. Or like James Gunn saying there was another Guardians of the Galaxy greenlight already after the first movie came out. That's great! I loved GOTG. But there wouldn't be anything to show for it for years. And it might even have been cancelled, or gone to a different director, or different actors due to conflicts, who knows! Reading too much into whats clearly not an official announcement or statement.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:35 AM   #125
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
They didn't announce anything! Just someone who works with them released the info on a collectors group for hardcore fans just as a nice way to continue sharing information with fans. It's not an official announcement. Specifically he said in that reply *we'll make an official announcement in upcoming months*. Essentially it was an unofficial announcement to a group of fans, it's not even a public group! And yeah they try to capitalize on hype but sometimes when you announce stuff it gets pushed back.

So no announcement made, just some sharing with fans. It's like the difference between Vin Diesel saying that they're on for another Riddick film on the way. I love Riddick and was very happy to hear the news. But this isn't an announcement (usually followed by a teaser) from Universal that another riddick is coming. That won't come for another year or so, it's just Vin conveying the information to his fans which I appreciate but I know I'm not going to hear anything for a long time. Or like James Gunn saying there was another Guardians of the Galaxy greenlight already after the first movie came out. That's great! I loved GOTG. But there wouldn't be anything to show for it for years. And it might even have been cancelled, or gone to a different director, or different actors due to conflicts, who knows! Reading too much into whats clearly not an official announcement or statement.
Good point. Prime 1 didn't unofficially announce LOTR and X-men licences.....they just SHARED information with fans. And they didn't just confirm those unofficial announcements with more unofficial announcements.....they just SHARED information with fans. Is this the kind of reasoning that passes for logic these days? This was fun, let's do it again sometime.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:54 AM   #126
toty21
The Avengers

Quote:
Sorry, but announcing a licence in Nov. then refusing to acknowledge that licence for 4 1/2 months until pressed to do so does sound a bit like secrecy. Not to mention it makes zero sense. And what is the point of an "official announcement" 6-9 months after already making an unofficial announcement? Here's a thought, to avoid slighting or disappointing collectors because of a licence that falls through [ie Prime 1Terminator licence] don't make any announcements at all outside of the official announcement. Problem solved. As for creating hype, the "hype" created some 50 weeks ago when Prime 1 first announced they had an X-men licence was dead and buried until they unofficially confirmed last week that they did still had the licence. Now having people do nothing more than post comments asking whether or not a licence is dead may be your idea of hype, but it isn't mine. Between the nonsense of these unofficial announcements, followed by more unofficial announcement followed by official announcements, followed by 3-6 month delays on most releases, and Prime 1 are fast becoming the hype killers of the collectible world. All the more frustrating since product-wise, they are as good as it gets.
I understand that we love the hobby and some of us are very passionate about seeing these made into collectibles. I for one, ask incessantly about news on the licenses that I favor, but do so without a sense of entitlement. Should we be worried that something so materialistic, and in the end so insipid drives you to this level of stress and anxiety (judging from your constant nagging about the "license announcement")
toty21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 09:22 AM   #127
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toty21 View Post
I understand that we love the hobby and some of us are very passionate about seeing these made into collectibles. I for one, ask incessantly about news on the licenses that I favor, but do so without a sense of entitlement. Should we be worried that something so materialistic, and in the end so insipid drives you to this level of stress and anxiety (judging from your constant nagging about the "license announcement")
It wasn't an announcement, it was a sharing with fans. And my 'nagging" was merely responses to others commenting on my original post........should we be worried at your inability to figure at out? But I'm am so glad to know that you incessantly ask about news on licences, but do so without a sense of entitlement. True, that is exactly what someone in this entitlement generation would do, but you must be very special. Would you like a participation ribbon?
Old 04-01-2017, 01:31 PM   #128
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Good point. Prime 1 didn't unofficially announce LOTR and X-men licences.....they just SHARED information with fans. And they didn't just confirm those unofficial announcements with more unofficial announcements.....they just SHARED information with fans. Is this the kind of reasoning that passes for logic these days? This was fun, let's do it again sometime.
Uh yeah. He literally said in that post that they'll do an official announcement in the future (because that's not an official announcement). Replying to a facebook post isn't an announcement. They are literally just sharing information with fans. Again this is freaking facebook, and it's not even a post by the guy it's just a reply. And on top of that it's a closed group. Like when we hear something coming from SS on this forum from Alex or some ---- it's not announcement. They'll send an email with a picture of at least the title and maybe a teaser or something via their mailing list as an announcement. Prime 1 posts stuff on their website and they probably have a mailing list too, but that's not an english website.

No idea about the x-men license since I never followed it. But x-men for xm and stuff was stopped cold by disney for a while, maybe same here.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:38 AM   #129
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

Early WIP posted on Facebook and it looks like Lurtz! I guess we are indeed getting some LOTR statues

Jesse Custer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 09:52 AM   #130
gs013564
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Custer View Post
Early WIP posted on Facebook and it looks like Lurtz! I guess we are indeed getting some LOTR statues
Also of note: Good thing they didn't make an official announcement, because the 1/4 license had to be renegotiated. They don't have it on lock down at the moment.
gs013564 is offline   Reply With Quote