Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 08-15-2007, 03:04 PM   #61
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Well.....Iron Man actually had nothing to do with Caps "death".....I was speaking more about the division that grew between the two regarding the civil war.....

WWII might actually AGREE with 2007 Tony Stark views on registration.....wouldn't that be a kick in the head?????
He might at first, actually, but that would fade quickly once he realized its ramifications. Still, even given the American commonly held beliefs at the time, Cap's been written as honoring freedom and liberty above all else, and that didn't seem to change because of anything that happened post-iceberg. But interesting idea.

And I think it's HIGHLY arguable that Stark had "nothing to do with Cap's death"! The events set in motion--and promoted heavily by Stark himself!--were what brought about Cap's assassination. No, Stark didn't pull the trigger...but he put him in the sights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
The more I think about it, the more I actually like it. A Cap transported directly from WWII to today??? Man, there is a load of possibilities for great stories there!
Totally agree.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:17 PM   #62
rychehitman
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post
He might at first, actually, but that would fade quickly once he realized its ramifications. Still, even given the American commonly held beliefs at the time, Cap's been written as honoring freedom and liberty above all else, and that didn't seem to change because of anything that happened post-iceberg. But interesting idea.

And I think it's HIGHLY arguable that Stark had "nothing to do with Cap's death"! The events set in motion--and promoted heavily by Stark himself!--were what brought about Cap's assassination. No, Stark didn't pull the trigger...but he put him in the sights.

Totally agree.

stark has become a world class A-Hole...dont get me wrong...

but the Red Skull orchestrated Caps death.....

It has not been revealed that Tony had anything to do with it. Ultimately Cap quit fighting with Iron Man and turned himself in to try to combat the registration on a different level...

Now, WHY exactly he was being paraded around in public in handcuffs is anybodys guess...but Stark has not been revealed to have been behind that.
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:20 PM   #63
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post
stark has become a world class A-Hole...dont get me wrong...

but the Red Skull orchestrated Caps death.....

It has not been revealed that Tony had anything to do with it. Ultimately Cap quit fighting with Iron Man and turned himself in to try to combat the registration on a different level...

Now, WHY exactly he was being paraded around in public in handcuffs is anybodys guess...but Stark has not been revealed to have been behind that.
No, I understand--Red Skull killed Cap. I get that. But if not for Civil War, Cap wouldn't have been where he was, when he was. I'm not saying that Stark is behind some sort of conspiracy, but even Stark has been shown to feel some sort of responsibility for Cap's demise, whether or not there's anything to that. But it's only natural; you put a series of events into motion, something happens that you couldn't have foreseen because of those events, and you're going to feel somewhat guilty because of it. That's all I'm saying--not claiming anything more than that.

I agree with you that Stark has enough to explain without piling on accusations of direct collusion.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:25 PM   #64
rychehitman
Galactus

He will get what is coming to him!!!

rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:27 PM   #65
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
He will get what is coming to him!!!
Let's hope! I'm anxious to see how it all resolves.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:10 PM   #66
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Thor's gonna crack that can!
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:54 AM   #67
Gangleri
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Just a Thought.....The Original Invaders will/could be returning right in the middle of a Earth/Skrull War in 2008. They led the fight in WWII and thier skills would really be useful in a confrontation with the Skrull Empire....
Gangleri is offline   Reply With Quote