Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 09-28-2005, 05:59 PM   #1
Haste05
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Help with General MR Star Wars stuff

Hi, I was looking at buying some Star Wars light sabers and collectibles from Master Replicas. I'm basically looking for a basic overview of the Star Wars collectibles MR has made. I have never looked at any before, and dont have the money for $300 ones. Is there a set with some cheaper ones, or something like that? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Haste05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 09:16 PM   #2
Mini-Rock
Kindly Asked To Leave

There's the .45 scale saber's. Have you seen those?
There are also the FX sabers, which are very nice high-end toys, and as close to the actual replica as you are going to get. You can't go wrong with either one.
Mini-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 09:34 PM   #3
Haste05

Thanks for the response, I was doing some research myself, and yea, was looking at the FX. Their price range is in the $100 right? How many of them have been released thus far? How long are they? Do they light up and look like real lightsabers, or do they just have the handles? Thanks a LOT!
Old 09-28-2005, 11:56 PM   #4
ATATDRIVER
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Smile

You want to go with the FX sabers. I think there has been about 5 or six different ones released so far. They light up make real sounds from the movies and are made of metal. Pretty nice.
ATATDRIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 12:20 AM   #5
sith lord utinni!
U talkin' to me?

The fx sabers are awesome! . Even when my parents come up to visit my dad can't resist the urge to play with the fx sabers.
sith lord utinni! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 03:48 PM   #6
Haste05

Thanks for the replies guys. Are some better than others, or are they all pretty much the same?
Old 10-01-2005, 04:37 AM   #7
lello999
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

HI there

No, they are not all the same. I think at the moment there is the 3. generation.

The first two where the Darth Vader ANH and the Luke RotJ (taht is released now as a borders exclusive with the 3 Gen. technology)
2. Gen was the Luke ESB and the Mace (taht is re-released some weeks ago with the 2. Gen technology)
And the 3. Gen is the Anakin RotS and the Darth Vader ESB (and there will be a Obi Wan RotS next year)

The Luke RotJ as well as the Obi Wan RotS both donĀ“t look that good IMHO, as the neck is too big. 1st and 2nd Generation are a little bit larger than the lEs while the 3rd Gen. is almost the same size as the LEs

Hope that helps
Domenik
lello999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 06:19 AM   #8
Mini-Rock
Kindly Asked To Leave

Lets not forget the Anakin AOTC FX saber which was the very first FX saber MR made.
Mini-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 03:53 PM   #9
Haste05

Does anyone have any pictures of these. So before you ignite it and you see the color come up, is all you see the handle? Sorry I dont know all the lightsaber terminology.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:28 PM   #10
ta2215
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haste05
Does anyone have any pictures of these. So before you ignite it and you see the color come up, is all you see the handle? Sorry I dont know all the lightsaber terminology.
Hi,

You can check them out here FX Sabers. This site has comparison pics, videos and a lot of info about these lightsabers just click in the "Gallery" button in the top of the site.
ta2215 is offline   Reply With Quote