Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 03-16-2021, 05:47 AM   #501
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

I was looking forward to their Robo bust, even if had to repaint it. At first I was like mmm, but it grew more and more on me, plus the dimensions and the cut fitted into the kind of busts I do collect, so it would had been a no brainer.

The head part was designed into several pieces instead of a solid chunk of resin that is Sideshow's, I can't see another company making a Robo bust of that quality, if not a Robo bust alone.

Plus the the three raptor busts that were planned, and more JP 1/5 heads. Pretty sad the pieces we lost on this.
Fu_Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 08:25 AM   #502
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu_Manchu View Post
I was looking forward to their Robo bust, even if had to repaint it. At first I was like mmm, but it grew more and more on me, plus the dimensions and the cut fitted into the kind of busts I do collect, so it would had been a no brainer.

The head part was designed into several pieces instead of a solid chunk of resin that is Sideshow's, I can't see another company making a Robo bust of that quality, if not a Robo bust alone.

Plus the the three raptor busts that were planned, and more JP 1/5 heads. Pretty sad the pieces we lost on this.
Sideshow's robo bust was actually done by Fred Barton and it wasn't one solid piece. Head was seperate from the body and the head itself was two separate pieces and iirc the body was cast seperate from the base. It was actually a nice piece (if you got a good one) just all the agro surrounding it that was caused by Fred that marred it's reception.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 04:45 PM   #503
Vader
Ghost

the sideshow one is awesome. i think it was pretty limited too.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 11:56 PM   #504
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
the sideshow one is awesome. i think it was pretty limited too.
We never even got to see the final product after the revisions to judge how good the CC one could have been.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 06:04 AM   #505
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
We never even got to see the final product after the revisions to judge how good the CC one could have been.
For me it missed the mark completely, so unless it had a complete redesign it would have never impressed. Especially the 'likeness' which was awful (in fact I suspect they never actually got the weller rights). They should have gone full on, something design wise like the little kotobukiya bust that was released years ago with one arm and the gun but with weller likeness and silicone face and possibly removable helmet.
I did end up getting the 1:2 robo cc did though, it's an awesome piece and goes great with their ed-209 and cain.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 08:46 AM   #506
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
For me it missed the mark completely, so unless it had a complete redesign it would have never impressed. Especially the 'likeness' which was awful (in fact I suspect they never actually got the weller rights). They should have gone full on, something design wise like the little kotobukiya bust that was released years ago with one arm and the gun but with weller likeness and silicone face and possibly removable helmet.
I did end up getting the 1:2 robo cc did though, it's an awesome piece and goes great with their ed-209 and cain.
We will never know how far it went, the base changed drastically so who knows. They didn't need the actor likeness rights to make the helmeted head bust, just like they didn't with their Thulsa Doom statue as long as helmet wasn't removable.
Old 03-19-2021, 09:57 PM   #507
ozboy
Birdman

The second revision of the mouth area was much better. It's quite unbelievable to me they released the first version - dropping the ball like that can taint a release permanently.
ozboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 11:24 PM   #508
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozboy View Post
The second revision of the mouth area was much better. It's quite unbelievable to me they released the first version - dropping the ball like that can taint a release permanently.
I much rather a company display WIP pics and accept constructive criticism than just show the final version and say that's it.
Old 03-20-2021, 11:12 AM   #509
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

The very first protoype they put the mouth of the Arnold bust as a stand-in while they sculpted the Peter Weller piece, to be able to show something at the Comic Con, but they will be always remembered for that wonky mouth lol.

Like I said I can't see another manufacturer doing this at this moment, at this quality. I only saw lately some stuff made on a 3D printer that sucks a**. No luck for Robocop fans.
Fu_Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 12:01 PM   #510
Themarkmail
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Its so sad. It looked great.
Themarkmail is offline   Reply With Quote