Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 04-26-2009, 08:00 PM   #1
Vinker

can anyone help me with an estimate of value on 4 pieces?

** PICTURES IN POST # 3 ***

I recently went to a show and bought 4 comic book pages. I love them and they are for my personal colleciton to keep. I paid a lot, but feel I still got a really good deal.

can anyone confirm at all an estimate of prices on these comic book pages/art?

I got Deadpool issue #62 of the funeral for a freak storyline - It's cover page, not sure of artist off hand, but figured it might be my only chance to ever own a deadpool cover

Then I got 2 pages from deadpool/cable issue 44 page 13 and 14, It is 2 panels of a fight scene with wolverine vs deadpool. In 1 frame deadpool hits wolvie with sword, and another panel, wolverine puts his claws through deadpool.

The 4th page I got is from new excalibur #19 and features a sparring match between dazzler and Juggernaut, but has a really really good Juggernaut image on it.

I am very new to comic book art so just want to get an idea from any regular collectors if i'm getting ripped off or if im in ballpark, or got a steal.

Any help is very appreciated

Last edited by Vinker; 04-26-2009 at 11:53 PM. Reason: ADDED PICTURES DPWN BELOW
Old 04-26-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Can you post pictures?
Old 04-26-2009, 11:52 PM   #3
Vinker

Hope this works, not sure

Old 04-26-2009, 11:55 PM   #4
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

great pages for sure!!

I will let the more seasoned vets provide an idea of value as I really would not know what they are worth

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:32 AM   #5
Trustey
The Avengers

Those are some nice pages for sure man. I'm envious of that Deadpool/Wolvie action!
Trustey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:52 AM   #6
Rocket
Art of Mod

They are all sensational pages!!!!!
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:55 AM   #7
ecthelion
Hydra

so how much did you pay? The Jeanty cover is nice, but he's not a very expensive artist. I think the cover would be worth 300-500 or so, definetely not more. Don't know about the other pages, but fairly certain about the cover since I once really looked into Jeanty stuff. Other pages are sweet as well though!
ecthelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:37 AM   #8
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Doesn't really matter with the value. Are you happy/comfortable with what you paid? If so, that's all that matters. People have different tastes and will pay different amounts for the same page. You got some good stuff, just be happy with that.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:45 AM   #9
Fat Head
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecthelion View Post
so how much did you pay? The Jeanty cover is nice, but he's not a very expensive artist. I think the cover would be worth 300-500 or so, definetely not more. Don't know about the other pages, but fairly certain about the cover since I once really looked into Jeanty stuff. Other pages are sweet as well though!
He's not? I dunno man, I was looking to score some pages from Buffy Season 8, but when I found out what he was charging I changed my mind. Maybe just some of his earlier stuff is cheaper?

http://www.mightynib.com/jeanty.html
Fat Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:04 AM   #10
ecthelion
Hydra

I don't think he is, 350 for a nice splash to me is not a lot of money. His major character covers go for around 1000-1200. Really big artists' covers go for twice or 3x that.
But agreed, he isn't entirely low profile or something, and he offers good quality. But I guess it's a matter of who you compare him to if he's expensive or not. And with my estimate, I think it'll probably be more in the high area,
around $500.
And agreed again that the prices on some of those panel pages are quite high, but I think they're just overpriced and you can definetely get something knocked off the price.
ecthelion is offline   Reply With Quote