Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-08-2020, 12:39 PM   #471
BurningRage
Inhumans

I’ve noticed most regular reviewers only buy the hyped up pieces.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 02:01 PM   #472
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
Don't get me wrong...I enjoy some reviews; some people do them well. But the problem with reviews in a community like this is that if you bought a piece, you're already "invested" financially and emotionally, and you're predisposed to love the piece. It's not like reviewing a movie or a video game. Some reviewers won't look past problems, but for the most part, the thing I appreciate about reviews the most is just seeing a clear picture/different angles of the piece, to decide for myself. What the reviewer actually says is less important to me, unless they are detailing a specific problem that you can't see (like build quality).
I only actually listen to reviewers like Gem Mint who seem genuine about the pros and cons of pieces.

I absolutely loathe certain reviewers who are phony as hell and who you can tell were obviously compensated for their glowing words.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 02:28 AM   #473
Hunter Frost
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Are the jeans removable? Asking for a friend.
Hunter Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 07:05 AM   #474
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Frost View Post
Are the jeans removable? Asking for a friend.
Yes. Do you own scissors? Or a knife?

The left leg is misshapen though to allow room for the left arm to be attached and sit where they wanted it to. The jeans help to hide that.

I’m sure the legs overall don’t look perfectly normal without them.

You could always get the SS 1/6 figure if you’re interested in a pants-less Wolverine.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 11:25 PM   #475
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
Don't get me wrong...I enjoy some reviews; some people do them well. But the problem with reviews in a community like this is that if you bought a piece, you're already "invested" financially and emotionally, and you're predisposed to love the piece. It's not like reviewing a movie or a video game. Some reviewers won't look past problems, but for the most part, the thing I appreciate about reviews the most is just seeing a clear picture/different angles of the piece, to decide for myself. What the reviewer actually says is less important to me, unless they are detailing a specific problem that you can't see (like build quality).

There is some truth here for sure.. I do videos and I look back at them and some of the pieces I don't have anymore.. Having said that I still liked the pieces I sold... Its just I had to move on to something better and make room..

I think if you watch my SSC Vader review you can tell I am not all that impressed but man do I love that Iron Studios Vader and you can tell in that video also

You can tell I have no love for the 1/5 scale Avengers Assemble Hulk.

But I agree about not being able to be a 100% unbiased when its a piece you liked in the first place.

As for this Logan.. I had no interest until the In hand videos... and I just got it delivered today and you know what... Its a pretty fantastic piece.. If you are a Wolverine fan I cant see not loving it. The paint apps are top notch.. The arms and hand sculpts are some of the best out there. Both head sculpts are great, which surprised me as I did not like the Ex in the videos.

The base is killer and really tells a story.. Those scratch marks on the floor belong to Sabertooth for sure... Very cool.

As for the fabric pants.. I would have preferred sculpted for sure.. But its not a deal breaker..
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 12:10 AM   #476
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Shocked that I did not love this piece right away but the SDCC pics and SSC proto pics did not do it for me..Funny because I think one of the reasons I am really digging this is that its a combination of two statues that I very much liked many years ago..

The Bowen Logan statue and the Diamond Select Brown suit Wolverine Statue.

JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 01:41 AM   #477
AC_808
Hercules

SSC should've just used Daniel Bel's full sculpt. Bel actually sculpted Logan's pants.

AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 02:51 AM   #478
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

This pose with the yellow classic outfit (with mixed media ) + an altered base with a forest theme and my old one will be replaced.
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 06:56 AM   #479
BLACK OPS
The Herculoids

Would of been better if the jeans had been sculpted after looking at those pictures.
BLACK OPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 07:13 AM   #480
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Mixed media....love the sculpt. Would of been a Grail.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote