Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 02-27-2020, 09:22 PM   #531
Tweeterhead
Tweeterhead
Producer

Jeez, when I mess something up I really mess it up!!

I have to tell you guys that I never started Tweeterhead to make you angry or confused, and especially not angry with me personally. I guess being TH and TH being me, there's no way around it. I've said that 2019 was a tough year and that we are still digging out and trying to have smooth sailing and fun projects ahead... and hope you guys will be along for the ride. From the bottom of my heart, I hope you haven't given up on us. I started this company to make cool stuff and give you guys stuff you can't get anywhere else. Like I said on my video last Sunday, nothing has been done that can't be corrected. At times, I shoot from the hip and try stuff that I think will go over smoothly and then it sinks... this Robin base being a prime example.

For the Robin base, originally I created that "chapel" base from a panel in a "Batman Family" comic. When I came up with the idea that the base would tie the two together I realized that It didn't work with the current base... so I thought I would create a base that was similar to Batman's and then a simple platform that would house them. I didn't think (you can say that again...) that you would want both bases as well as the platform base. Hearing now that you do want both is an easy fix. I can easily add that base for you guys who purchased the EX, no problem. Viki is emailing you guys that bought the EX directly today, so be on the lookout!!

As for the Batman 150 piece Special Edition... those were intended for a few dealers who wanted something different and special. The base and batarang were supposed to have a different color, but in the end looked exactly like the EX. From now on there are only two versions of a TH piece: the EX and the REG… lesson learned!

I've definitely made some mistakes because I was trying to please everyone. This is something that I have corrected; I’m not putting something on pre-sale without showing you what you get up front. I realize that the time it took to show you the Robin add-on base and talking about it built it up so much that for those of you that are disappointed, I understand that you may have thought it was going to be grander. As for the EX and Special Edition, there are no more Special Editions, and beginning with Darkseid, the only place to get the EX will be at Tweeterhead.com.

It would be a mistake not to address a few folks that, for lack of a better word, are really taking every opportunity to trash me. I never thought that by trying to get into the collectibles game, I would have made you so unhappy. Although I know there’s nothing I can do to change the way you feel, I feel sad that you guys want to see me fail so much. I would be lying to tell you that when I read these comments calling me a liar, untrustworthy etc… that I don’t question the future of Tweeterhead. If I made a mistake, I apologize and would like to correct the issue. I believe I’ve been doing that… but just when I think things are smoothing out... suddenly "BAM!", today this base situation blows up. I’m honestly frustrated by getting calls saying “you better get to SF because they’re trashing you again."

Everything I make, good or bad (not intentionally) will have situations that go smoothly or have issues. Any issue we have can be dealt with. It might not as fast as some other companies, but I would hope that having direct access to me is at least a little something extra that you might not get from everyone else.

Like I said earlier, we have some pretty incredible stuff in the works and I hope you know your support and enthusiasm means everything.
Tweeterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 09:35 PM   #532
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I got the email today, and I am very happy that I will be getting both bases. Thanks for clearing it up, thanks for sending the email.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 09:40 PM   #533
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
I got the email today, and I am very happy that I will be getting both bases. Thanks for clearing it up, thanks for sending the email.
I also received the email and I agree.

Chad, thanks for addressing the issue...and so quickly. It shows that you care.

I definitely see things improving. I haven't given up.
No1WonderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 09:42 PM   #534
cjacobs83
Justice League

I got the email as well. I hope having to make another 250 church bases doesn’t delay delivery even longer. Seems like there would be no way around it
cjacobs83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 09:47 PM   #535
vorpoll
Shadowhawk

Looking forward to getting Robin and all his bases!
vorpoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 09:49 PM   #536
MapleDonut
Justice League

Great news about both bases for Robin EX. Thank you.
MapleDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 10:00 PM   #537
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I also think it's unfortunate that Chad gets calls saying that he's being bashed on Statueforum and he better get over here.

1. He does not sell thousands of each statue and his hard corp base is over here, so it would be nice for an explanation over here.

2. It's a very vocal minority that trashes. Many of us have concerns at times and this forum is just usually where we talk about it "Like Minds"

3. This forum is a place where excitement can be created for a product. But it is also a place that needs to be watered from time to time, as the excitement can subside from the preorder date.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 01:01 AM   #538
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

I hate that the trolls are worring Chad. He could be spending that time showing us Poison Ivy.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 01:53 AM   #539
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeterhead View Post
Well, I do appreciate that. Better late than never and hopefully all that clears the air a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
I also think it's unfortunate that Chad gets calls saying that he's being bashed on Statueforum and he better get over here.

1. He does not sell thousands of each statue and his hard corp base is over here, so it would be nice for an explanation over here.

2. It's a very vocal minority that trashes. Many of us have concerns at times and this forum is just usually where we talk about it "Like Minds"

3. This forum is a place where excitement can be created for a product. But it is also a place that needs to be watered from time to time, as the excitement can subside from the preorder date.
Agreed...not everyone uses FB. We have people that are pretty good about relaying info, but I think checking in every now and then would help.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 04:41 AM   #540
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Good stuff!
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote