Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-27-2018, 02:43 PM   #461
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

You guys are funny. One bad picture with weird lighting and everyone flips out. The face itself wasn't designed perfectly to begin with, but it looks close to the prototype in person.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 03:26 PM   #462
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
I didn't buy it. I'm waiting for Batgirl before committing to getting any Tweeterhead statues. I saw it at the largest comic shop in my town. I was mainly interested in getting a size comparison pic to post on here. I think some paint to separate the individual teeth would've helped.

That's a comic art "no-no." Individual teeth that is...
No1WonderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 03:30 PM   #463
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1WonderFan View Post
That's a comic art "no-no." Individual teeth that is...
Maybe, in which case smooth teeth might've been preferable. I dunno, to me, it looks weird vaguely sculpting the contours of individual teeth like what they did with Supergirl and Eaglemoss's Mega Harley Quinn.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 03:44 PM   #464
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I know with a super up close picture you will see every little flaw but I think mine looks pretty damned good. I dug out my EOS t3i to take better pics than my iPhone.

jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 03:50 PM   #465
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I know with a super up close picture you will see every little flaw but I think mine looks pretty damned good.

Purely on quality I think it is a great piece and makes me more excited about Donna and Diana.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 12:27 AM   #466
built2shred
Phoenix

Just got my Supergirl today... IMO it does look better in person then most pictures... The teeth look fine in person but if you zoom in with them on a camera then yeah they look weird but with the naked eye they look fine....

My only complaint is a few of the fingers look a bit messed up being they're shaped weird, I'm guessing a mold issue.. You have to look fairly close to notice it but it's viewable with the naked eye..

The paint application is pretty good, no smears or paint bleeds... pretty solid statue, overall I'd give it 8/10

One thing I will say is I like that these statues have a comic vibe to them but also are done with a realistic look to them... It's a nice mix IMO....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:55 AM   #467
=N=
The Spirit

Quote:
I know with a super up close picture you will see every little flaw but I think mine looks pretty damned good. I dug out my EOS t3i to take better pics than my iPhone.

She looks great . where will she sit ? detolf?
=N= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 11:06 AM   #468
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by =N= View Post
She looks great . where will she sit ? detolf?
Thanks you. She and Harley are currently on top of one of my Detolf's in the music/game room. Since most of the Super Powers line is taller than a Detolf shelf, I am playing around with the idea of making and installing some wall shelving. If I do that I will more than likely move my Detolf's into my office.

I still have around 50 statues to go through to place up for sale as well. I need to clear out my office before I move anything. LOL
Old 08-02-2018, 11:12 AM   #469
=N=
The Spirit

Quote:
Thanks you. She and Harley are currently on top of one of my Detolf's in the music/game room. Since most of the Super Powers line is taller than a Detolf shelf, I am playing around with the idea of making and installing some wall shelving. If I do that I will more than likely move my Detolf's into my office.

I still have around 50 statues to go through to place up for sale as well. I need to clear out my office before I move anything. LOL
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40159106/ they come in different lengths, hidden supports.
=N= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 11:14 AM   #470
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by =N= View Post
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40159106/ they come in different lengths, hidden supports.
I need to do some measuring when I get ready to move things around but those could work! Thanks!