Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-27-2020, 05:05 PM   #951
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Is the exclusive really worth it for Cable? Seems the regular version on Sideshow went straight to waitlist, while the exclusive is available. For $20 more to get a Deadpool hand and extra portal, doesn't seem worth it to me. Plus if I go with BBTS I can get that sweet $4 shipping which seems like a better route.

This is a beautiful statue tho. This is most likely going to be my next Premium Format X-Men purchase after I receive my Jean Grey.
When you consider the already high price of these things $20 is pretty much pocket change.

And keep in mind if you ever end up having to sell the piece, it’s supposedly much easier to sell, and usually for more than retail price difference with the regular edition.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 05:49 PM   #952
srttoz
Mephisto

Quote:
Is the exclusive really worth it for Cable? Seems the regular version on Sideshow went straight to waitlist, while the exclusive is available. For $20 more to get a Deadpool hand and extra portal, doesn't seem worth it to me. Plus if I go with BBTS I can get that sweet $4 shipping which seems like a better route.

This is a beautiful statue tho. This is most likely going to be my next Premium Format X-Men purchase after I receive my Jean Grey.
It's only worth it if you can get it for a similar price as the reg. $20 difference to me is always worth the ex for the lower ES BUT if you can get the reg for a good chunk cheaper than the ex isn't anything special here. It's just a little easter egg which is neat, but not needed.
srttoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 06:21 PM   #953
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by srttoz View Post
It's only worth it if you can get it for a similar price as the reg. $20 difference to me is always worth the ex for the lower ES BUT if you can get the reg for a good chunk cheaper than the ex isn't anything special here. It's just a little easter egg which is neat, but not needed.
Too true, and I should’ve put that into my own post, but he was located in the US, so didn’t see the need.

I myself have been a primarily ‘Regular’ edition collector for the main reason that it costs me anywhere from 50-80% on top to import the Exclusive direct from Sideshow, than it is to source the regular locally here in Australia.
Old 02-27-2020, 06:24 PM   #954
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I agree with you guys in theory. But to me its based on what the EX is. Some of em, like the Jean Grey, and Gambit, I would have to get the EX bc its an actual additional portrait. Same with Sabretooth. Things like an extra portal with a deadpool hand (although I do get the significance), or the Mystique with “extra” hand, is not worth it imo.

Plus its not just $20. You are paying more in Shipping too. I think I mentioned about BBtS having $4 shipping, while you are looking at like $20-$40 on sideshow. So thats now like a $40-$60 difference. In the grand scheme of a $700 figure, sure thats not a big difference, but it does add up lol.

I just sold some extra statues today, so I think I may be able to get this Cable now
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 06:50 PM   #955
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
I think I mentioned about BBtS having $4 shipping, while you are looking at like $20-$40 on sideshow.
However, if you have a broken piece or defect, will BigBadToyStore be as accommodating as Sideshow customer service? Something to consider as well.

Quote:
I just sold some extra statues today, so I think I may be able to get this Cable now
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 07:06 PM   #956
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Correct. I understand paying for piece of mind. Luckily (*knock on wood), I haven't had to deal with that yet ha.

Plus I didn’t think of import costs for people outside the US. I’m sure they don’t have any $4 shipping options lol so exclusive would be the way to go if you are paying fees anyways.

This is the way
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 07:39 PM   #957
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Correct. I understand paying for piece of mind. Luckily (*knock on wood), I haven't had to deal with that yet ha.

Plus I didn’t think of import costs for people outside the US. I’m sure they don’t have any $4 shipping options lol so exclusive would be the way to go if you are paying fees anyways.

This is the way
If you’re already importing anyway, you should of course get the Exclusives. However Exclusives are certainly not always the way if an international collector can source the regular for much cheaper locally. For example I paid around $800 AUD ($500 USD) more than what I could’ve sourced the regular locally for a Prime 1 Exclusive via Sideshow.

But not all international collectors are in the same position as me, as a few of their retailers charge almost the same as it would cost them to import themselves.
Old 02-27-2020, 09:15 PM   #958
srttoz
Mephisto

Yea if you can get that BBTS $4 shipping go with the reg. All the money we spend on statues from SS and they should have some sort of deal with UPS to get the customer free shipping on these. At least bake the cost into the statue itself.
srttoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 10:30 PM   #959
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Shipping for me to DE is $60! Ouch! Anyway it looks like the collector edition is back in stock. Thinking very hard on Picking this piece up.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 11:50 PM   #960
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
Thinking very hard on Picking this piece up.

Yeah, your shipping quote sounds about right, was $55 for me.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote