Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 02-03-2020, 06:03 PM   #11
MapleDonut
Justice League

Wow, this is very competitive. With the improved customer service on top of the new pricing/shipping, I expect Chad will see a significant increase in his POs. Good for him.
MapleDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 07:27 PM   #12
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Just added up the shipping on all of my current PO's with Tweeterhead. $234.70. Too bad this was not in effect previously. That is almost another statue I could have bought. LOL
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 08:14 PM   #13
MapleDonut
Justice League

Could be worse. As a Canadian, whenever I purchase anything directly from the U.S., I pay a 25% mark up in terms of dollar exchange, the same for duties, and then international shipping charges. Given how many TH statues I have bought, I had to start seeking avenues where the exchange rate is baked in but where I find a vendor who is absorbing some of the other costs. I envy you guys/gals in the U.S.
MapleDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 10:58 PM   #14
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

The forum can't even handle the amazing prices right now.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 11:48 PM   #15
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

watching the video and he did say that the items on the Tweeterhead website would be available for the payment plan

also if you still owe money on an item the money that is owed could be broken down into a payment plan

He also said he would be updating the shipping schedule this week because he does have firm dates for some items and some are being delayed

Debbie is going to do a quick video to update what she is doing and where she has been

He has extra pieces of older material he sold and will be putting those up on the website (he did not say if they were extra's of the Exclusive version or the regular version)

will not know about late shipments until after Feb 15th when the factories open back up (closed due to Chinese New Year and the Coronavirus)

Batman 66 piece will not be here until the end of the year

I do hope that with the Free shipping that Chad will not take too much of a loss.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 12:16 PM   #16
Jack's Username
Nightwing

I'm not understanding this. Are these options only available for new products starting with Darkseid?

I'll be seriously annoyed if those of us that paid in full for items that are still up for order are now out the $25 discount and free shipping.
Jack's Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 12:26 PM   #17
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's Username View Post
I'm not understanding this. Are these options only available for new products starting with Darkseid?

I'll be seriously annoyed if those of us that paid in full for items that are still up for order are now out the $25 discount and free shipping.
He said on Facebook that the Payment plan would be available for all items that are currently listed for sale. But hasn't said if the free shipping and $25 discount for paying in full would be for anything posted before Darkseid.

But I do agree, if the free shipping applies to the ones I have on PO already and the only way to get the free shipping is to be a brand new order I will be very annoyed.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 11:11 PM   #18
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

jeremy and jack,

I have to say that I can agree with you and see where you are coming from. However, I am looking at this from someone who worked in retail management for 14 years. I actually do not think that Chad should make any concessions for prior orders. Policies and pricing change in retail (and in other businesses as well). How far back is Chad supposed to go with refunding shipping because that is now the policy. I look at it like it is what it is and I know now that going forward I will get free shipping but on the orders that I have not received, I have paid for shipping and that is that.

also, I do believe that Chad said in the Video that if you still owe money on an order that you would be able to use the payment plan and that an email will be going out.

One thing that Chad has not mentioned alot lately is the $15 off coupon. Is that still being offered. Since it seems to be somewhat of an issue, I wonder if it is going away. I would rather not pay for shipping (which would definitely be more than $15) then get a $15 off coupon for every order.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 01:03 AM   #19
Jack's Username
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I have to say that I can agree with you and see where you are coming from. However, I am looking at this from someone who worked in retail management for 14 years. I actually do not think that Chad should make any concessions for prior orders. Policies and pricing change in retail (and in other businesses as well). How far back is Chad supposed to go with refunding shipping because that is now the policy. I look at it like it is what it is and I know now that going forward I will get free shipping but on the orders that I have not received, I have paid for shipping and that is that.
Typically I would concede and agree with this notion, but my opinion is that the paradigm shifts when you're talking about a preordered product. It's not uncommon for there to be some type of "price protection" for something that is preordered. Consider not only the free shipping, but now a $25 discount for paying in full, something which I've already done and think would be completely unfair.

If you want to be equitable, I'd suggest either applying the same pricing model to prior preorders or simply make the changes effective beginning with Darkseid and future products.
Jack's Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 03:29 AM   #20
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Was there any updates about Pennywise?
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote