Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 02-20-2020, 04:39 AM   #11
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I had a manager call me back and say they would try one more delivery attempt tomorrow and they cannot guarantee a time but I cannot under any circumstances have it picked up at a store or at their distribution center. It has to be delivered and signed for at my door and no where else. I also have to have proof of ID with the delivery address on it.

I have now talked to 4 different people and have been told the exact same thing every time.
Wow man, im surprised you can't have it dropped off at a Fed Ex store etc. Well, since they are doing a last attempt at delivery tomorrow... "You sure you're feeling alright? You sound very sick" If your work allows it, me personally id just call in sick or use a vacation day. Then you wouldn't have to worry about missing it, and what to do next.
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 04:24 PM   #12
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Well, I talked to my Boss and got to take half a day. So I went into work early and left at 11AM. Way earlier than they have ever delivered. No door tag when I got home, so I breathed a sigh of relief. About an hour after I got home I received a text notification that the deliver date had changed from 2/20 to 2/22. I almost lost it. I had plans Saturday already for a beer festival.

I called the main customer service 800 number and after being told the same things over and over I demanded to know exactly where the statue was. After talking to 3 people I was finally told it was at the distribution center 15 minutes away from me. I asked them for the phone number and they gave it to me only after demanding to have it several times. I had it pulled up on my PC about the time they finally gave it to me. I then called the distribution center.

I talked to a very nice lady there, I told her the whole ordeal, and she had them pull it from the warehouse and I was able to go and get it myself. Not sure why I was unable to do that beforehand. The lady at the distribution center was amazed by all I had to go through. So I finally got my grail statue.

I was about to get dao2 and release the hounds! LOL

jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 05:48 PM   #13
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Well, I talked to my Boss and got to take half a day. So I went into work early and left at 11AM. Way earlier than they have ever delivered. No door tag when I got home, so I breathed a sigh of relief. About an hour after I got home I received a text notification that the deliver date had changed from 2/20 to 2/22. I almost lost it. I had plans Saturday already for a beer festival.

I called the main customer service 800 number and after being told the same things over and over I demanded to know exactly where the statue was. After talking to 3 people I was finally told it was at the distribution center 15 minutes away from me. I asked them for the phone number and they gave it to me only after demanding to have it several times. I had it pulled up on my PC about the time they finally gave it to me. I then called the distribution center.

I talked to a very nice lady there, I told her the whole ordeal, and she had them pull it from the warehouse and I was able to go and get it myself. Not sure why I was unable to do that beforehand. The lady at the distribution center was amazed by all I had to go through. So I finally got my grail statue.

Insane! I had a package that was a restricted type of delivery through UPS. I was able to have it held at a UPS location I never knew existed (they told me it was a distribution annex only open during the holidays). They never checked my ID or had me sign for it. The website basically shows it as lost.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 06:21 PM   #14
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
Insane! I had a package that was a restricted type of delivery through UPS. I was able to have it held at a UPS location I never knew existed (they told me it was a distribution annex only open during the holidays). They never checked my ID or had me sign for it. The website basically shows it as lost.
I had a package held at UPS years ago and they never asked for my ID or to sign for it when I went in to pick it up. The company was about to send me another one because it was listed as lost by UPS too. I contacted the company and let them know I already had it.
Old 02-20-2020, 08:03 PM   #15
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:

You should bill FedEx for wasting your time.

I once waited at home all day for FedEx to deliver something that had to be signed. I followed the tracking on my computer, and suddenly around 1 PM, it was marked as "Delivery Attempted, No One At Home". I immediately called FedEx and told them that their driver lied because he didn't ring my doorbell. Dispatch told the guy to turn around and deliver the package.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 11:01 PM   #16
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:

Glad you finally got it from the distribution center I was able to get that statue from a local store at retail price a year or two ago (was just sitting there for years) and it is quite a nice piece. A cool custom I saw someone do and I wanted to try myself was they scanned the map and printed one out and then burn the edges and weathered it a bit so it wasn't a shiny new map like the one she has in her hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post

I once waited at home all day for FedEx to deliver something that had to be signed. I followed the tracking on my computer, and suddenly around 1 PM, it was marked as "Delivery Attempted, No One At Home". I immediately called FedEx and told them that their driver lied because he didn't ring my doorbell. Dispatch told the guy to turn around and deliver the package.
Ha good luck with that...

And yeah the drivers do do that because they are on deadlines, and then they deliver in the next day and are often are just playing catch-up. I hate that they lie about it but I also feel bad. They are seriously overworked and given loads that they couldn't possibly deliver in time. I sometimes get my packages at like 8pm from the same guys that went out in the morning. Fortunately the regular drivers for UPS/Fedex know me and will just let me know if they have to pass cause of a deadline as otherwise I would be worried as hell.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 01:53 AM   #17
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Jermey glad you were able to get that piece. I have it and she is gorgeous. Sucks you had to go through all the hassle for it. Must be different state by state. My FedEx for the shipping you had are required to deliver before noon. I usually get my stuff delivered around 10am. At least this will be a story to tell when people ask about Lara.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 09:42 AM   #18
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
I think at this point I am just happy it's over. The shipper box looked like it had gone through hell. I was expecting it to be broken when I opened it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Glad you finally got it from the distribution center I was able to get that statue from a local store at retail price a year or two ago (was just sitting there for years) and it is quite a nice piece. A cool custom I saw someone do and I wanted to try myself was they scanned the map and printed one out and then burn the edges and weathered it a bit so it wasn't a shiny new map like the one she has in her hand.
That's an awesome idea. I will try that. I may try and make the paper a thicker stock as well so it will stay in her hands. This one keeps falling out.

I also got this one from a comic book shop that has had it in stock since it came out....but they knew at least partially what they had. I paid about 2x retail for it. But I see non Exclusive ones going for 4-5x on ebay so I am happy with what I paid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Jermey glad you were able to get that piece. I have it and she is gorgeous. Sucks you had to go through all the hassle for it. Must be different state by state. My FedEx for the shipping you had are required to deliver before noon. I usually get my stuff delivered around 10am. At least this will be a story to tell when people ask about Lara.
Very true...I have a great story to tell. LOL
Old 02-21-2020, 12:14 PM   #19
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
That's an awesome idea. I will try that. I may try and make the paper a thicker stock as well so it will stay in her hands. This one keeps falling out.

I also got this one from a comic book shop that has had it in stock since it came out....but they knew at least partially what they had. I paid about 2x retail for it. But I see non Exclusive ones going for 4-5x on ebay so I am happy with what I paid.
They had used some sort of cloth paper, and now that you mention it I do remember the map falling out of her hands being a common complaint :P

SS did some pretty good Tomb Raider statues, the original ones I don't like that much but snow day and the one sliding down the rock is awesome. I did pay a little bit more than retail for that one but it was also customized a bit and looks awesome. Do you have that one? Goes for a pretty penny nowadays I imagine.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 01:01 PM   #20
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
They had used some sort of cloth paper, and now that you mention it I do remember the map falling out of her hands being a common complaint :P

SS did some pretty good Tomb Raider statues, the original ones I don't like that much but snow day and the one sliding down the rock is awesome. I did pay a little bit more than retail for that one but it was also customized a bit and looks awesome. Do you have that one? Goes for a pretty penny nowadays I imagine.
No I do not have the Sideshow PF one based on Adam Hughes art. It looks great but may take up more room than I can give it. And yes, they go for a lot of money!