Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 10-03-2020, 06:29 PM   #261
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I honestly never did notice that all the way in the back.

But then again I wasn’t too sure I was going to display the shield on her back anyway.

As I had already preordered their metal shield anyway.

So now it seems I’ll have two shields with two bases
Well then maybe you can sell one of your shield to me.. cuz I decided to keep the IS WW bust, and she comes with no shield..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakyguy666 View Post
I understand wanting a base that doesn’t distract from the bust, but by that logic any kid could have just molded some brown clay into a heap and called it a base and that would still satisfy your requirements.

And of course the QS pose is much more iconic than the QS.
You.. have weird logic. XD
Art knows no boundaries, including age.. so if there's a kid with good taste of art, mold some brown clay into a heap but with great aesthetics, why not?

Also I think you need to rest that logic mind of yours..

Point is, everyone has their own taste, don't degrade it. And don't push your logic to other people.

Quote:
I totally agree regarding the base. But then I’m the sort of collector who likes detailed and sometimes over the top if not oversized bases. But I’ve found I’m in the minority on these forums, where the thought that less is more is quite prevalent.
Well, I think like you do. Less is more. I understand the concept behind the base of QS WW, but for me, its too much, too busy.
lighterheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 06:38 PM   #262
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighterheaven View Post
Well then maybe you can sell one of your shield to me.. cuz I decided to keep the IS WW bust, and she comes with no shield..

You.. have weird logic. XD
Art knows no boundaries, including age.. so if there's a kid with good taste of art, mold some brown clay into a heap but with great aesthetics, why not?

Also I think you need to rest that logic mind of yours..

Point is, everyone has their own taste, don't degrade it. And don't push your logic to other people.

Well, I think like you do. Less is more. I understand the concept behind the base of QS WW, but for me, its too much, too busy.
Actually you misunderstood me. I like more. I’ve never ever really found a base too busy. Maybe too big, but never too busy. I love diorama’s type bases etc. For example I actually detest those plain black bases that those PCS and Weta pieces had.

Though I wouldn’t mind if the base for the Shield on the bust was something akin to an Acrylic riser etc, if for no other reason as to not duplicate my metal shield display.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 06:39 PM   #263
zipkicker
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Let's just all agree to disagree on this and move on. Fingers crossed that today is when we get a reveal of the bust in pictures and maybe videos.
If not, I don't know what's next for Queen Studios to showcase their stuff? This is the big one and frankly, I'm getting tired of being teased.
zipkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 06:42 PM   #264
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipkicker View Post
Let's just all agree to disagree on this and move on. Fingers crossed that today is when we get a reveal of the bust in pictures and maybe videos.
If not, I don't know what's next for Queen Studios to showcase their stuff? This is the big one and frankly, I'm getting tired of being teased.
I don’t want another showcase. They’ve shown too much that I want as it is.

All I know is that I need a bigger house
Old 10-03-2020, 07:02 PM   #265
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Actually you misunderstood me. I like more. I’ve never ever really found a base too busy. Maybe too big, but never too busy. I love diorama’s type bases etc. For example I actually detest those plain black bases that those PCS and Weta pieces had.

Though I wouldn’t mind if the base for the Shield on the bust was something akin to an Acrylic riser etc, if for no other reason as to not duplicate my metal shield display.
Ah yes, sorry, English is not my main language.

And glad you understand what I mean about the clear base for the shield. It will help reduce the busyness of the base (for me).
Old 10-03-2020, 09:49 PM   #266
Freakyguy666
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighterheaven View Post
.. so if there's a kid with good taste of art, mold some brown clay into a heap but with great aesthetics, why not?

It’s revealing that you took what I said about a mound of clay as degrading because I simply extrapolated your reasoning. There was no degrading (I never said a mound of clay was better or worse) but your reading that into the factual statement tells me that may have been a Freudian Slip meaning you unconsciously believe the QS Base is superior!
Freakyguy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 12:25 AM   #267
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
It’s revealing that you took what I said about a mound of clay as degrading because I simply extrapolated your reasoning. There was no degrading (I never said a mound of clay was better or worse) but your reading that into the factual statement tells me that may have been a Freudian Slip meaning you unconsciously believe the QS Base is superior!
You’ve really got to use more common vernacular in a discussion on this kind of board. It’s not some English medical journal you know.
Old 10-04-2020, 12:26 AM   #268
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

What is happening in this thread? Starting to sound like competitive trolling...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 01:05 AM   #269
Freakyguy666
Sinister Six

Quote:
You’ve really got to use more common vernacular in a discussion on this kind of board. It’s not some English medical journal you know.
Google is your friend.
Freakyguy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 01:14 AM   #270
lighterheaven

Quote:
No worries, I do know what I like, what I want and what I prefer.
Whatever you may believe or think, whether it's a Freudian slip or bla bla, you can have it your way for yourself, doesn't concern me at all.

Just like your nasolabial thingy that doesn't concern anyone here but you.

So no, not gonna fall to your "comparing this bust and that bust, this one is superior on this part and that one is not because of tiny crease" conversation again.
Move on!