Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 05-15-2010, 09:30 PM   #21
actionjackson83
Midnighter

If lebron really was all about winning he'd sign a 1 year deal before the player's strike in 2011 with the Lakers for the veteran minimum (like what ron artest did) & play with Kobe, Pau Gasol and get coached up by Phil Jackson to win a championship.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:55 AM   #22
rubeng
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
Kobe's the man right now, and LBJ just has to wait his turn. Everyone wants him to be the "King" right away, but the King must be a "Prince" first before moving forward.

I will say that by the time Kobe was 25 he had 3 rings already, and was a MAJOR contributor in all three championships. Yeah he had a young Shaq, but he handle his business and got three title from it.
Agreed!!

You need two superstars on a team to win. I do not mean a Superman and a batman, I mean a robin to a batman. You need some one to put up good numbers and step up when your main guy is not having a good night, you need a good robin consistant night after night. Labron needs someone he can go to when he is being double, triple teamed. In Cleveland in my opinion that robin does not exist. Cleveland is a good team when they are having fun, but when the pressure came in the playoffs, noone was consitant beside Labron. In my opinion Cleveland is missing a good guard.

ps. Michael Jordan is and will always be the best to ever play the game, while kobe may come close he will never be as good.
rubeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:59 PM   #23
adee
Green Arrow

So this dude is having his own prime time special to announce where he is going to play. Don't get me wrong I would LOVE to see him on my Knicks but his ego is way out of control.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:09 PM   #24
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
So this dude is having his own prime time special to announce where he is going to play. Don't get me wrong I would LOVE to see him on my Knicks but his ego is way out of control.
do you think it was his idea? i dont watch basketball and dont know his personality but i think it was more of the NBA's idea for some extra cash that this could bring in and he agreed.
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:19 PM   #25
VinReaper
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Location: Out of my mind! Be back in 5 minutes! (+12517 to the Post Count)
Needs to be on the Celtics!

VR
VinReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:27 PM   #26
ansel39
ROT Minister of Truth, Justice, and the Texans Way

i think he stays.
ansel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:56 AM   #27
charlie
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyethearcher View Post
do you think it was his idea? i dont watch basketball and dont know his personality but i think it was more of the NBA's idea for some extra cash that this could bring in and he agreed.
I think ESPN had the idea for the special. I got a feeling he's going to Miami to complete the Superteam that will really challenge my Lakers in 2011.
charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:02 AM   #28
IronLungs31

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
I think ESPN had the idea for the special. I got a feeling he's going to Miami to complete the Superteam that will really challenge my Lakers in 2011.
And if he joins them in MIA, that still will not be enough to stop our Lakers and a health Bynum, Kobe plus the rest of the returning team.

Bring it on SUCKERS as we get ready to add number 17 to the rafters...
Old 07-08-2010, 07:22 AM   #29
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

I'm still hoping he stays in Cleveland. Come on King, don't let me down!
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:16 AM   #30
stormshadow75x
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I actually don't like the way the NY media has been begging for the guy to come to NY.

I personally don't think he would want to come to NY. There would be way too much scrutiny & he would have to win a championship in NY. There would be no excuses allowed.

Lebron to Miami, makes sense since he puts himself in a very favorable position to win a ring & more. I think it will dilute his legacy seeing as this will always be Wade's team.

Signing with Cleveland makes the most sense. Cleveland will always love him & they can give him the most money. The ring would be his biggest concern for his own legacy.

BTW, the Knicks need a point guard. They've needed a point guard for quite sometime. I always hoped they would have gone after Bibby or Nash in the past. Somehow adding C. Paul would be the right move. C. Anthony next year would also help out a lot.
stormshadow75x is offline   Reply With Quote